Found Deceased VA - Sarabeth Hammond, 17, Roanoke, 28 Dec 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Sarabeth Rose Hammond
Missing -Case #16-076649

15726454_750409928444110_2189124808138838566_n.jpg

https://facebook.com/theawarefoundation/

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bbsh8

Sarabeth has Lyme disease, there are some photos of her using a cane or wheelchair, but it was apparently under control in recent months so I don't think she was using them at the time of her disappearance. I see no mention of it on the poster.

Hope she is found safe quickly.

http://wset.com/news/local/roanoke-county-police-looking-for-missing-teenager

"Sarabeth Rose Hammond, 17, was last seen Wednesday around 6:30 p.m. near the Brambleton Avenue area in Roanoke after dropping her friend off at home, according to a family friend.
That friend said that Hammond then texted her mom and told her that she was on the way home to change clothes.
Hammond's family believes she made it home because the front door was unlocked."

Was she planning to go back out after changing clothes? Was she in the habit of leaving the door unlocked?

This is so, so sad. :( Lyme disease is no joke--it can ravage every part of your body and mind. I'm hoping she's just taking a quick break from the craziness of life and will show up safely soon.

Her mother wrote on Facebook that she was last seen driving her white Hyundai Elantra with New York plates TCW125; she also wrote that her phone was found in the vicinity of Brambleton Avenue.

I looked for confirmation of the phone being found on her mom's facebook and didn't see anything - there was another user who posted about a phone being located, who then replied saying "not her phone", so I'm not sure what's going on with that. Not good if it was Sarabeth's.

Also, her phone being found near the location where she was last seen would contradict the theory that she made it home...

Always scary when the phone is found, especially for this age group. :( I wonder if Sarabeth had a boyfriend or something, someone she was planning on meeting later in the evening.

It looked like she may have possibly had a girlfriend a couple months ago, based on her facebook photos, but I didn't see anything recent. Not sure if they're still together, if they were dating at all?

My first thought was a car accident, but then I read about the phone not being active since 6:30 and possibly her phone was found.

text can mean anyone..... family friend? drop a friend off? going home to change via text? sounds fishy.

Mods, pls delete if not allowed--please take as rumor. One of Sarabeth's friends is in a group for one of my favorite true-crime podcasts, and she posted some really concerning things about someone else being seen driving her car. I hope that isn't true. I've asked her for more info and referred her to WS to share any info she knows.

Mods, pls delete if not allowed--please take as rumor. One of Sarabeth's friends is in a group for one of my favorite true-crime podcasts, and she posted some really concerning things about someone else being seen driving her car. I hope that isn't true. I've asked her for more info and referred her to WS to share any info she knows.

i believe i saw that information on one of the missing posters but i dont think it has been in MSM yet, i will try to find the poster now.

edit - i cant find it on an actual poster but several places that are circulating the poster are adding an update and claiming a few sightings and that someone else was seen driving her car, nothing in MSM - so i guess its rumor at this point

^from same article as above

if the car has on-star they should be able to find out from on-star where the car was last in use right? (article says car has not been in use since they have been checking)

They can't use OnStar if the car isn't in use. What does that even mean? If she has crashed, the car wouldn't be in use, but OnStar should still be able to locate the vehicle....otherwise, what good is OnStar?

I hate saying it...but I'm feeling water here.

They can't use OnStar if the car isn't in use. What does that even mean? If she has crashed, the car wouldn't be in use, but OnStar should still be able to locate the vehicle....otherwise, what good is OnStar?

I hate saying it...but I'm feeling water here.

yeah, now that i think about it i should have looked that up first, but right now i have to go out and shovel... it doesnt sound right and i just talked to someone with on-star and he locked his keys in the car and on-star remotely unlocked it, so they can communicate with the car to some degree for sure. maybe someone can look into that, see you in a bit, slightly colder ;)

Appears per FB that everyone is pleading for Sarabeth to come home. Wondering if she has left before?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage
Back