Overturn? McNeill attorneys appear before NC Supreme Court 1/9/17

AmandaReckonwith

Defective Detective
Reaction score
Website
app.photobucket.com
The state Supreme Court hears arguments on Jan. 9 from Mario Andrette McNeill's lawyers, who want his convictions and death sentence for murder and other crimes thrown out. A Cumberland County jury deliberated for less than an hour in May 2013 before deciding that he should die for the 2009 death of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

http://www.wral.com/nc-child-killer-asks-nc-high-court-to-overturn-death-penalty/16385665/

Aww, it only took the jurors an hour. Do we wonder why it only took them an hour?

NO, we know why it only took an hour to come to a GUILTY verdict. They all saw that haunting video, of him holding her in his evil clutches and carrying her up to her death. And he told the cops where to find her body.

What else did the jury need to know?

I don't think so. This is legal stalling, I pray. If they overturn his convictions I think I would have to go to NC myself....

The state Supreme Court hears arguments on Jan. 9 from Mario Andrette McNeill's lawyers, who want his convictions and death sentence for murder and other crimes thrown out. A Cumberland County jury deliberated for less than an hour in May 2013 before deciding that he should die for the 2009 death of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

http://www.wral.com/nc-child-killer-asks-nc-high-court-to-overturn-death-penalty/16385665/

From your link,

One of North Carolina's most infamous killers of the past decade is asking the state's highest court to overturn his convictions because his attorneys shouldn't have told police where they could find his 5-year-old victim.

"One of North Carolina's most infamous killers of the past decade is asking the state's highest court to overturn his convictions because his attorneys shouldn't have told police where they could find his 5-year-old victim."

Seriously? He wants to go free because the attorneys told the police where to find her battered little body? PPFFFTTTTT...I sure hope not.

I wish we didn't have to give these kind of murderers the time of day, let alone a try for a new trial.

Another case I archive (Dru Sjodin, ND 2003 kidnap-rape-murder) the sickening killer is still doing appeals.

With 150 death row prisoners, and none put to death in 10 years, WHY is NC still using the DP anyways. Either kill them or do LWOP.

Anyways...
Here is the Shaniya Davis Case Archive.
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Shaniya Davis -NC-?sort=6&page=1

and the Justice For Shaniya subsection:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...nd Beyond - Begins April 8 2013?sort=6&page=1

NC Supreme Court postpones hearing in Shaniya Davis murder case
Jan 9, 2017 | Updated 15 hrs ago

The North Carolina Supreme Court has postponed its hearing in the Shaniya Davis murder case because of the icy conditions in Raleigh. . .

The new date for arguments to be presented has not been set. It likely will be in February or March, the court's clerk said Monday.

McNeill was convicted and sentenced to death in 2013. . .

WHen I saw that smirky face come across my Facebook feed this morning it was like a punch in the gut.

this case profoundly affected me. RIP babygirl :(

The North Carolina Supreme Court is slated to hear arguments Tuesday in the case dealing with the murder of Shaniya Davis.

[..]

The Supreme Court will hear arguments at 9:30 a.m. in the historic Chowan County Courthouse in Edenton.

http://abc11.com/news/man-convicted-of-killing-shaniya-davis-wants-new-trial/1971125/

Just seen this horrifying news on my facebook feed from websleuths surely this cannot possibly happen?

I know tylca I've never forgotten Shaniya's case or the haunting image of this monster carrying her into the lift the last time Shaniya was seen alive. It's a horrific case.

If the unthinkable does happen and his conviction is overturned can he be retried?

Just seen this horrifying news on my facebook feed from websleuths surely this cannot possibly happen?

I know tylca I've never forgotten Shaniya's case or the haunting image of this monster carrying her into the lift the last time Shaniya was seen alive. It's a horrific case.

If the unthinkable does happen and his conviction is overturned can he be retried?

Yes, in the unlikely event of the conviction being overturned, he would be tried again.

Here is another article from WRAL from yesterday. More details; interesting:

Fayetteville girl's killer wants conviction, death sentence overturned

Lawyers for Mario Andrette McNeill, 36, argued to the state Supreme Court that his conviction and sentence should be thrown out because his original attorneys violated attorney-client privilege and provided ineffective counsel by telling authorities where they could find the body of Shaniya Davis and that the information came directly from McNeill.
http://www.wral.com/fayetteville-gir...rned/16689903/

Yessssssssssssss!!

Death sentence upheld for Fayetteville girl's killer

The state Supreme Court has upheld the conviction and death sentence for Mario Andrette McNeill, who killed 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in 2009.

Mario Andrette McNeill :: WRAL.com

More here:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conviction, death sentence upheld for Fayetteville girl's killer
The state Supreme Court on Friday upheld the conviction and death sentence in the murder of a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl almost nine years ago. The body of Shaniya Davis was found in a kudzu patch off N.C. Highway 87 near the Lee-Harnett county line on Nov. 16, 2009, six days after her mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, reported her missing from their mobile home on Sleepy Hollow Drive in Fayetteville. An autopsy determined that she had been sexually assaulted and asphyxiated
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conviction, death sentence upheld for Fayetteville girl's killer :: WRAL.com

Last edited:
WHen I saw that smirky face come across my Facebook feed this morning it was like a punch in the gut.

this case profoundly affected me. RIP babygirl :(
It affected the judge, too. I remember watching TV on the news the day the jury's verdict was read and accepted by the judge.

Then the judge said to Mario McNeill, and to the deputy at McNeill's side, "You did not have to kill that child; take him out of here now. "

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back