New Article from the Long Island Press about Websleuths and LISK

BIG SHOUT OUT TO FIELDNOTES.

This is what happens when you get involved like Fieldnotes.

Thank you FN.

Tricia

This is such a great story. Thank you for sharing it and thank you to every single one of you WS'ers for your ongoing dedication to this cause.

Much respect.

Great article about Websleuth's and Fieldnotes and Rachel and Josh's role in this! Great work!

I'm fairly new to following the LISK case and I started reading some of the old articles in the LI Press archive and was stunned to read an article dated Dec 8, 2011 - one year anniversary of finding the first OP/GB4 bodies. At that point, they had recently found SG, but her body had not been autopsied and Dormer was already stating that they didn't believe that her death was linked to LISK, even though she disappeared in the same area and was a sex worker, the same occupation of the others they had found. Amazing that they could determine her case was not related so early on

He says investigators now suspect a single killer, a change from the prior theory of multiple murderers. Police were actively searching the scene as of press time for 24-year-old New Jersey prostitute Shannan Gilbert, whose May 2010 disappearance from Oak Beach led to the discoveries. Searchers found her purse with her ID and possibly her jeans, shoes and cell phone in a nearby marsh. Dormer doesn’t believe she was slain by the serial killer—despite her advertising on Craigslist, same as the first four victims found.[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
http://archive.longislandpress.com/2011/12/08/red-herrings-among-tips-in-serial-killer-case/

Great article about Websleuth's and Fieldnotes and Rachel and Josh's role in this! Great work!

I'm fairly new to following the LISK case and I started reading some of the old articles in the LI Press archive and was stunned to read an article dated Dec 8, 2011 - one year anniversary of finding the first OP/GB4 bodies. At that point, they had recently found SG, but her body had not been autopsied and Dormer was already stating that they didn't believe that her death was linked to LISK, even though she disappeared in the same area and was a sex worker, the same occupation of the others they had found. Amazing that they could determine her case was not related so early on

He says investigators now suspect a single killer, a change from the prior theory of multiple murderers. Police were actively searching the scene as of press time for 24-year-old New Jersey prostitute Shannan Gilbert, whose May 2010 disappearance from Oak Beach led to the discoveries. Searchers found her purse with her ID and possibly her jeans, shoes and cell phone in a nearby marsh. Dormer doesn’t believe she was slain by the serial killer—despite her advertising on Craigslist, same as the first four victims found.[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
http://archive.longislandpress.com/2011/12/08/red-herrings-among-tips-in-serial-killer-case/
Definitely 2 different killers... Completely different personalities and modes of killing and disposal... Jmo

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back