FL - Daniel, 32, & Heather Kelsey, 30, found dead, Volusia County, 31 Dec 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Couple found dead on Fla. highway on New Year’s Eve
couple2n-2-web.jpg

A Florida couple was found dead on a highway while their three sons remained inside the parked car early Saturday, officials said.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/couple-found-dead-fla-highway-new-year-eve-article-1.2930976

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

From the link above:

A Florida Highway Patrol trooper found the bodies of Daniel Kelsey, 32, and Heather Kelsey, 30, outside their maroon SUV which was parked along Interstate 4 near DeLand City when he checked up on the car that morning.

An autopsy will be conducted to determine their cause of death. Officials said there were no signs of foul play.

Deputies responded to the scene around 2:08 a.m. on the eastbound side of Interstate 4 after a trooper spotted the vehicle parked with its hazard lights on.

Officials said the couple’s three sons — aged from 8 months to 4 years old — were found in the car unharmed.

Whatever happened???

Hmmmm......I wonder if it was a drug overdose? Or murder/suicide possibly but I wouldn't expect that with the kids being left helpless on the side of a roadway. No sign of foul play and hazard lights on. Very sad and strange.

Yes drugs would be a possibility. But they don't look to me like irresponsible parents who get high and then drive with their kids around. Were they at an event, a dinner, or something?

Very very odd - and sad - scenario.

2 things make me think it was an overdose. The comment about 'doing great recently'---implies they are recovering.

Also, article said that were found on an embankment by the car. Maybe the kids were asleep, it was N yrs Eve, so let's 'get high' over here while they sleep....

2 things make me think it was an overdose. The comment about 'doing great recently'---implies they are recovering.

Also, article said that were found on an embankment by the car. Maybe the kids were asleep, it was N yrs Eve, so let's 'get high' over here while they sleep....
The only thing about that is.... If I'm going to get out of my vehicle at 2am on nye to do drugs Oman embankment I'm most likely not going to put my hazard lights on and draw the possible attention of a passerby stopping to offer help or LE stopping as well. It's a very sad confusing case. I do agree the doing well lately comment speaks to a not doing well period of time fairly recently. Imagine we should await autopsy results. Heart breaks for those children

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Weird they would both OD at the same time if it wasn't planned, but why would u leave your kids in the car!!! This is all kinds of strands mooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird they would both OD at the same time if it wasn't planned, but why would u leave your kids in the car!!! This is all kinds of strands mooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well if it was heroin and a bad batch it would explain the double overdose also if they had been clean awhile often addicts think they can return to the same amount they stopped using and it's too much for the system. I do hate to speculate about overdose though without any facts....perhaps they both ate something at a party got out to vomit and it may have poisoned them....seems like a stretch but not impossible. No matter what it's tragically sad for the children and their families

Here is the official VCSO news release:

http://www.volusiasheriff.org/news/sheriffs-office-investigating-after-two-found-dead-along-i-4.stml

December 31, 2016 11:00 am
Andrew Gant
Public Information Office

Update: 3:00 p.m.
The identities of the deceased are Daniel A. Kelsey (DOB 5/17/1984) and Heather L. Kelsey (DOB 3/5/1986). An autopsy will be conducted in an effort to determine a preliminary cause of death of each party. Daniel and Heather Kelsey lived in Ormond Beach.
The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office is investigating today after a Florida Highway Patrol trooper checking on a vehicle parked along Interstate 4 discovered two dead people. Three children found inside the vehicle were alive and unharmed.
Deputies responded to the incident around 2:08 a.m. at the 122 mile marker of eastbound I-4 near DeLand. The FHP trooper was checking on a maroon SUV parked along the highway with its hazard lights on. The trooper discovered two adults, a 32-year-old man and 30-year-old woman, unconscious outside the SUV. They were pronounced dead at the scene shortly thereafter.
The three young children found unharmed inside the vehicle were the deceased couple's children. The boys range in age from approximately 8 months to 4 years. They were taken to Halifax Health Medical Center in Daytona Beach for precautionary purposes. An investigator with the state Department of Children and Families also responded to the hospital to aid in the investigation.
While investigators with the Sheriff’s Office Major Case Unit did not immediately identify any obvious signs of foul play, they are continuing to investigate the circumstances of the deaths.

I was thinking, is it possible the dad wanted to use. So mom said look I'm gonna pull over you're not doing it in the car. Do it and come on. Well he overdoses and the mother can see something is wrong. She goes to help, gets it on her skin or somehow in a cut. And overdoses. Highly unlikely but possible. That happened to 2 officers that responded to a drug scene, I can't remember the particulars but they both overdosed from a tiny grain on their skin. Sounds really crazy though. I hope it was not an OD at all. That is heartbreaking. At least they got out of the car if so.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This reminds me of the deaths of the two sisters who died together a few months ago while on vacation. Their deaths were deemed an overdose - probably a mixture of drugs plus Rx drugs plus alcohol, if I recall correctly. They both died the same night and when together, just like this couple.

Perhaps they were mixing things because of New Year's Eve - perhaps more alcohol than they would otherwise drink when using drugs - and the mixture was a lethal mix for them.

Very sad for the children, and I sincerely wish them the best throughout life.

jmo

Can I just add "Very Thankful" that LE went to the car and checked it out. I want to believe the boys were sleeping but if they woke up and couldn't find mom and dad...or if someone stopped that didn't have their best interest.

The hazard lights would indicate to me that they were both feeling either suddenly or increasingly unwell while driving. Finally had to stop and exit the car - need for fresh air? Need to vomit? Feeling dizzy? Still able to think of switching on the hazard lights, but did not feel bad or scared enough to call 911. The article quoted above by SeesSeas says they were found unconscious and then pronounced dead at the scene. Looks like a steady and possibly speedy decline for both of them. I don't think they injected drugs, I think they ingested something, and it hit them while driving. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back