GUILTY MI - Robert Barroso, 28, murdered by friend, Battle Creek, 27 Dec 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Family searching for missing Battle Creek man
c6a3bd53-2bea-464d-9134-34c54c854186-large16x9_RobertBarroso.PNG

A Battle Creek mother searching after her son disappeared nearly a week ago.
She's hoping someone might recognize his picture and help find him.
Lori Gauthier last saw her son six days ago and minutes before he disappeared, she said, someone threatened his life.
Gauthier said, “He was being chased by an individual. The last thing that that person said to my son was that they were going to kill him.”
http://wwmt.com/news/local/family-searching-for-missing-battle-creek-man

How terrifying. My heart goes out to his mother.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/01/03/man-missing-battle-creek/96117594/

The Calhoun County Major Crimes Task Force was activated about 6:30 p.m. Monday, Sheriff Matt Saxton said, after the missing man's car was found abandoned in Lee Township...

That other man, 29, was interviewed by police and said he and Barroso exchanged several text messages and had agreed to fight.

When the second man came to the Kingman Avenue address, he and Barroso argued but then both left in separate vehicles. The man told Battle Creek police he followed Barroso to N Drive North when Barroso stopped his car and the two men argued again, but said Barroso had calmed down and just drove away.

Robert's went missing in a 2006 Lincoln Zephyr about 4 a.m. Dec. 27. The car was found Monday (1/2) in a wooded area in the 19000 block of 19½-Mile Road in Lee Township south of Lake of the Woods. Police believe it had been there at least a day and perhaps two before someone riding an off-road vehicle saw it and contacted 911.

Police said the front windshield was damaged and the front door was open.

Two tracking dogs searched the area for several hundred yards without finding Barroso on Monday night. More search teams returned to the area Tuesday but by mid-afternoon had not reported any findings.

The other man (mentioned in the post above by OkieGranny) and other family members have been cooperative in the investigation.

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/...03/detectives-search-missing-bc-man/96101470/

[h=1]Body found not that of missing man, police say[/h]
barrosojpg-f6a78513c61e7379.jpg

BATTLE CREEK, MI-- Authorities don't know the identity of the man whose body was found in Springfield last night, but they do know who the man is not: Robert Barroso, who was reported missing earlier this week.
The victim has not been identified, authorities said, but they noted it is not the current missing person, Barroso, a 28-year-old Battle Creek man who has been a subject of search since police found his car on Monday, Jan. 2.
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2017/01/body_found_not_that_of_missing.html

very odd... so the man who wanted to fight him is cooperative? is he a POI or no?

From the above link:
Barroso's mother, Lori Gauthier of Battle Creek, said earlier this week that her son and the other man were arguing over a woman. The other man had told police he followed Barroso to N Drive North where they stopped and talked again before Barroso drove away. Police had held subsequent interviews with the man before his arrest Friday.

Rest in Peace, Robert.
:rose:

Man charged with murder after body found in Lee Township
Posted 3:49 PM | January 9, 2017 | by FOX 17 News | Updated at 04:08PM, January 9, 2017

LEE TOWNSHIP, Mich. — A 29-year-old man has been charged with murder after the body of Robert Barroso was found last week in Calhoun County.

Stephen Robert Getter is also charged with felony firearms in connection with the case. . . .

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/...suspect-murder-expected-court-today/96346258/

"They both were in love with the same girl," Barroso's mother, Lori Gauthier, 44, of Battle Creek said Monday afternoon after Getter was arraigned...

Gauthier said the two men were friends since they were children and were once brothers-in-law when Barroso was married to Getter's sister.

They have been bitter toward each other for at least a couple of years, she said, after Barroso started dating a same woman who used to be with Getter. And there was a dispute about which was the father of a child born to the woman about a year ago...

Police and Prosecutor David Gilbert said Barroso, who has a 4-year-old son, was shot several times and stabbed at least twice in the neck and face.

Well, now he will never get the girl or the child. RIP Robert :(

From February:

Man ordered to trial in Barroso killing

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/story/news/local/2017/02/23/man-ordered-trial-barroso-killing/98301994/

Robert Barroso was shot five times and likely was unable to move when he was stabbed seven times before dying in December.

The testimony came during a preliminary examination in Calhoun County District Court. After hearing from three witnesses, District Judge Frank Line ordered the case against Getter sent to circuit court for trial. Getter is charged with open murder and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony. He faces life in prison without parole if convicted of all charges.

I wish that jerk would save everyone the heartache and plea guilty. The crime was so violent and evidence overwhelming, there is absolutely nothing that can excuse it even if Robert was dating his woman.

Attorney: Killer enraged by love triangle with best friend

"He sees Robert Barroso and they agree they are going to go to a place to fight," Getter's attorney, Brandon Hultink told a Calhoun County Circuit Court jury Tuesday morning. "That is the way they were going to handle things as friends."

Hultink told the jury the killing was the end of an emotional battle between the two men and that he will ask them to consider a charge other than premeditated murder when they begin their deliberations later this week.

Assistant Calhoun County Prosecutor Pawloski dismissed the emotion of the shooting telling the jury that Getter shot his friend several times and then slashed the back of his head with a knife before stabbing him in the face several times.

"Then he left his best friend in the woods for 10 days and took law enforcement on a wild goose chase."

Recordings reveal Stephen Getter's confession in death of Robert Barroso

Wednesday, Newschannel 3 was in court as the jury heard multiple recordings of the defendant, Stephen Getter, confessing to the December 2016 homicide.

We heard four different recordings Wednesday, from the initial interview with Stephen Getter at the Battle Creek Police Department, to the point where he led authorities to Robert Barroso's body.

Getter expected to take the stand in his own defense

Getter says he shot his best friend in self-defense

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/story/news/2017/08/10/getter-says-shooting-was-in-self-defense/557570001/

“He was coming at me with a knife,” Getter testified Thursday in his Calhoun County Circuit Court murder trial. “I thought my life was in danger.”

But he said he didn’t realize until a pathologist testified earlier that all five gunshot wounds were in the back of Robert Barroso.

“I thought he was facing me,” Getter, 30, of Battle Creek, told Prosecutor David Gilbert during cross examination. “I didn’t know I hit him when he was turning and falling.”

He told the jury he remembers stabbing Barroso only once, not multiple times as the pathologist described. And he said he had not planned the killing, but only to fight with his friend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back