Found Safe NC - River Boyd, 16, & Macayla Wallace, 14, Brunswick County, 3 Jan 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Macayla Wallace, 14, was last seen accompanied by her boyfriend, 15-year-old River Boyd, as they were leaving South Brunswick High School in Boyd's silver 2011 Honda Civic with NC tags BBY-4237.

The teens left campus around 8 a.m. in an unknown direction. It's unclear where they were headed to.

Wallace is 5'5" tall weighing around 140 pounds with shoulder-length blonde hair and blue eyes. She has last seen wearing a green, long-sleeve shirt with purple leggings, gray boots and carrying a gray backpack.

Boyd was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, gray pants, white shoes, and carrying a black/red/green backpack.

12835611_G.jpg

12835610_G.jpg

http://www.live5news.com/story/3417...nswick-high-student-last-seen-tuesday-morning

This is weird to me...why would her bf have a car if he's only 15? And it sounds like they're just skipping school, something I did plenty as a teen, so why are the sheriff and the media involved? The school day's not even over yet.

There must be more to this story, because the bf is underage too, but the missing person alert is only for Macayla.

In SC, you can have a "day-license" after you have had your permit for 6 months, and meet other requirements. You can basically drive from sun-up til sundown without an adult. Hopefully her parents just freaked out when they got that automated call that she wasn't in school, and everyone is fine.

Ummm yeah. I'm pretty sure having the police issue a BOLO for me would have nipped the truancy in the bud for both me and my boyfriend. Good parenting, honestly. Hopefully, this will be resolved shortly, and the pair learned a lesson (we'll see).

Not sure how to edit, so I'll add this...
BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WECT) - The Brunswick County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help to locate a 14-year-old girl who went missing Tuesday morning.

Macayla Wallace was last seen accompanied by her boyfriend, 15-year-old River Boyd, as they were leaving South Brunswick High School in Boyd's silver 2011 Honda Civic with NC tags BBY-4237.

<snip>

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

Is River Boyd also missing?

Two Brunswick County teenagers went missing Tuesday morning and may be headed to South Carolina. The teenagers are ‘known to be in a relationship.”

River Boyd, 15, and Macayla Wallace, 14, are students at South Brunswick High School. They left school together at 8:08 am Tuesday in a silver 2011 Honda Civic with North Carolina license plate BBY-4237.

River stands between 5’1-” and 6’ tall and was last seen wearing a black hoodie, gray pants, white shoes and carrying a black/red/green backpack.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article124416159.html

Two Brunswick County teenagers went missing Tuesday morning and may be headed to South Carolina. The teenagers are &#8216;known to be in a relationship.&#8221;

River Boyd, 15, and Macayla Wallace, 14, are students at South Brunswick High School. They left school together at 8:08 am Tuesday in a silver 2011 Honda Civic with North Carolina license plate BBY-4237.

River stands between 5&#8217;1-&#8221; and 6&#8217; tall and was last seen wearing a black hoodie, gray pants, white shoes and carrying a black/red/green backpack.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article124416159.html

BBM. There's an enormous difference between 5'1 and 6'. Surprised they can't narrow it down more than that.

BBM. There's an enormous difference between 5'1 and 6'. Surprised they can't narrow it down more than that.

I think it is misinformation printed in the article.

I looked at the photo of them together and he does look around 6' and she looks to be around 5'1".

NC driving laws require a 15 year old to have a registered driver with them at all times. There are more requirements, however, this boy is in big trouble for this fact alone!

Puppy love sure can cause problems when young kids think they know everything and are all grown up.

Looks like he's officially 16 now, according to the poster above. Poor kids. From poking around the sheriff's FB page, her mother says it's "more serious than that" an awful lot. MOO, I think MW may be in trouble (not sure how to delicately say what I mean), and they're afraid River will be in legal trouble over it. Poor kids. They can't really run away forever, so hopefully River will take the lead and come back to face the consequences. It will be okay, guys, I promise! Come home and get it sorted out. All my own opinion.

These article slants annoy the isht out of me. They are BOTH missing right? They are BOTH minors right? So unless he's known to have beat/kidnap/threaten etc, I detest the way these articles get written as if the boy is an after thought.
Sorry just venting. Everyone here excluded. I'm talking about news a nd releases.
Hope they are found both safe and sound. Their bags look fully stuffed with clothes perhaps?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

These article slants annoy the isht out of me. They are BOTH missing right? They are BOTH minors right? So unless he's known to have beat/kidnap/threaten etc, I detest the way these articles get written as if the boy is an after thought.
Sorry just venting. Everyone here excluded. I'm talking about news a nd releases.
Hope they are found both safe and sound. Their bags look fully stuffed with clothes perhaps?

It might be that only her parents have reported her missing to police - his parents may not have, I don't know. It seems pretty likely they're safe, running off together to be together, and in a short matter of time will be located and returned. It seems quite clear - to me - that they left willingly together. From the video, and from his family's reaction, anyway.

It might be that only her parents have reported her missing to police - his parents may not have, I don't know. It seems pretty likely they're safe, running off together to be together, and in a short matter of time will be located and returned. It seems quite clear - to me - that they left willingly together. From the video, and from his family's reaction, anyway.
I agree. They need to check with friends, (good luck there) and social media to try and determine how far these kids planned to go. Just hiding out camping, or in an abandoned place, or have they tried to leave the state. Runaways can stay off the radar a long time.

Also if there are school books in those bags they may ditch them. Parents should check if their books are home, then it's likely backpacks contained clothes, food etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back