IL - 4 in custody after man tortured on Facebook Live, Chicago, Jan 2017 *GRAPHIC*

popsicle

faith hope love
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]The victim is repeatedly kicked and hit, his scalp is cut, all while he is tied up with his mouth taped shut. The suspects on the video can be heard yelling, "*advertiser censored** Donald Trump! *advertiser censored** white people!"

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/crime/227116738-story

[video=twitter;816790929210306560]https://twitter.com/Chicago_Police/status/816790929210306560[/video]

[/FONT]

Full video-

[video=youtube;rfzvrCwjfLE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfzvrCwjfLE[/video]

Chicago Police ‏@Chicago_Police [video=twitter;816803232303509504]https://twitter.com/Chicago_Police/status/816803232303509504[/video]
CPD press conference regarding disturbing live social media video depicting a battery ; victim was tied up

I am speechless. Why in the world would people do such violence against another human being and as it was happening broadcast it on FB? Sometimes I believe some have gone stark raving mad. This is not normal behavior by any means. Why do they want everyone to see the horrible things they do? I just don't get it or understand any of it. Did they do this because this man was white and they thought he voted for Trump? I am appalled if that is the reason.

Sometimes I think FB live event feature is the worst thing they could have ever implemented. So many horrible things have happened to victims and it was put on the live feed as it was happening. What is happening to so many human beings that they believe this is acceptable behavior?

Since social media people have become so downright mean. I see death threats on FB and they do nothing about them. I see victims of crimes or their families members torn to shreds on social media sites as if it has become some kind of sick twisted blood sport pastime. It doesn't matter if there isn't one shred of evidence to back up any of their horrible accusations. Nothing seems to matter to them. They don't even care if they don't have any facts to support any of their mean heartless words. All they seem to care about is being able to crush victims or their families in the ground for their own sickening pleasure.

I hope the victim fully recovers from the senseless beating he received.

Bad enough to beat and torture another human, but to broadcast it live is a whole other level of sick. Makes me think of those awful Al Qaeda beheading videos.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

I doubt it will be charged as a hate crime. The DOJ has very little history, if ever, of charging this type of violence as a hate crime.

Deep down I know you are right, Katy, but I still have hope that hate crimes will be assigned equally when they do happen no matter the race of the victim or the perpetrator.

This most definitely is a hate crime against this young white man. They made that very clear in their sickening live video. This young man is in the hospital.

IMO

omg they pushed his head into the toilet and made him drink and were beating him.

[video=youtube;rDyutZgZ3l0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDyutZgZ3l0[/video]

This made me actually nauseated....and I find it difficult to remain hopeful in a world where people are so violent and and full of hate. Never mind the fact that, the attitudes of the four seemed during the entire situation like playing a board game at a party to them....there was no reaction to hurting a living being.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been following this and didn't know about the toilet video. sigh. I read that he knows one of them from high school. I guess they tied him up after making him drink from the toilet. Did the girl post this video to her facebook as well? Disgusting.

CPD is calling it an assault, not kidnapping or hate crime... hope that changes.

I hope it changes too, Popsicle.

You are 100% correct and they really should be charged with kidnapping and hate crime.

Even one of the civil rights activist said this was a hate crime.

IMO

omg they pushed his head into the toilet and made him drink and were beating him.

[video=youtube;rDyutZgZ3l0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDyutZgZ3l0[/video]

OMG! I cant watch the video but just knowing what they made him do makes me nauseated.

How barbaric and the girl in the video shows no remorse for what is happening to this poor young man.

This part of the article breaks my heart for him even more if possible. How could they do this to someone who is so vulnerable and defenseless. He had to be so terrified. Cutting his head with a knife to torture him is so barbaric. Gah, this sounds like something ISIS terrorists would do. I bet he thought he was going to be killed by all of them.

Police found the disoriented victim, described as a man from the Chicago suburbs with special needs, wandering the street and brought him to a hospital. Shortly afterward, officers responded to a battery call at a residence near where he was found and saw signs of a struggle and property damage, police said.

I've been following this and didn't know about the toilet video. sigh. I read that he knows one of them from high school. I guess they tied him up after making him drink from the toilet. Did the girl post this video to her facebook as well? Disgusting.

The toilet video was actually on another's FB.. not sure if just one of her friends or one of the perps involved. I don't remember.

The toilet video was actually on another's FB.. not sure if just one of her friends or one of the perps involved. I don't remember.

Thanks. I saw two females and at least one male, guessing there were two males. Weird apartment too with hardly anything in it.

Another thing that saddens me greatly is when cases like this comes along it gets very little posting traffic.:( To date there have been 241 views of this thread and only 17 replies.

I don't understand why that is either. Surely everyone is upset about what happened to this young man through no fault of his own and wants justice for him. He needs loving support just like other victims get on this site.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back