PA - Michael, 50, & Cathryn Borden, 50, shot to death, 13 Nov 2005

audrey77

CJ Analyst
Reaction score
This just came across my screen... Fox Philadelphia.
Warwick Township- Female, 14 years old (I don't remember her name). Was seen at 8 AM this morning abducted by an 18 year old male at gun point. Her parents were murdered.

They may be travelling in a red VW Jetta.

I will post any news as soon as it shows up on the web.
PA State Police Amber Alert Website:

The Pennsylvania State Police has issued an Amber Child Abduction Alert For the Warwick Township Police Department , Lancaster County.

The Warwick Township Police Department is searching for Kara Beth Borden, white female age 14, 5'1", 100lbs., brown hair with blonde highlights. She was last seen wearing a black sweat shirt with "Pillar" across the front , blue jeans and black sneakers.

She was last seen at 8:00 Am on Sunday, 11/13/05 at 15 Royal Drive, Warwick Township, Lancaster County. She was reported abducted at gun point, after the murder of her parents, by David G. Ludwig, white male, age 18, brown hair and eyes.

Last seen operating a red Volkswagen Jetta bearing Pennsylvania registration EHH0994. Anyone with information about this abduction should immediately contact the police by calling 911.

This has been an Amber Child Abduction Alert for the Warwick Township Police Department, Lancaster County.

Affected Counties: Lancaster, Lebanon, Dauphin, Perry, Juniata, York, Cumberland, Adams, Huntington, Mifflin, Snyder, Northumberland, Franklin, Berks, Chester.

PA Turnpike: AMBER ALERT: A Child abduction in Warwick Twp. Lancaster County. Keep alert for a 1998 Volkswagon Jetta TDI 4 door Red in color. Possible PA reg EHH0994 or AEA7457. Possibly two occupants one female and one male. If you see this vehicle contact police by dialing 911 immediately.

Just made a Fox News Alert, there is some belief they were dating against her families wishes. Nothing verified.

It seems Kara and David had some sort of relationship per the blog report from Steve. Whether it was over and this is a true abduction or something is amiss. I just checked to see if anything more current is up on MSM but nothing yet.

concernedperson said:
It seems Kara and David had some sort of relationship per the blog report from Steve. Whether it was over and this is a true abduction or something is amiss. I just checked to see if anything more current is up on MSM but nothing yet.
I kinda wondered that too when I saw how old David was. Maybe she voluntarily went with him. I hope they're found soon.

Paradise said:
I kinda wondered that too when I saw how old David was. Maybe she voluntarily went with him. I hope they're found soon.

Also, how do they know for sure that David killed Kara's parents? Too soon for DNA testing other than pure observation and deduction. LE knows more than is being released.

Pa. Teen Reported Seized; Parents Killed

LITITZ, Pa. - Police were searching for a 14-year-old girl who was reportedly kidnapped at gunpoint Sunday by an older boy after her parents were killed at their home.

Kara Beth Borden was last seen Sunday morning at the home in Warwick Township, about 60 miles west of Philadelphia, police said. Pennsylvania State Police issued an alert for the girl after reports that she had been abducted by an 18-year-old family acquaintance.

No further details about how or when the parents were killed or the whereabouts of two other children who lived in the home were immediately released Sunday.

The Borden family had lived in the home for several years, said neighbor Tod Sherman, 47. The father, Mike Borden, worked for a printing company, and the family's five children were home-school, he said.

The oldest two children are in their 20s and no longer live at the home, he said. The whereabouts of Kara's younger brother and older sister, however, were not immediately clear.

Sherman said the family knew the 18-year-old suspect, identified by police as David G. Ludwig, through a home-schooling network. He said he had occasionally seen the teen at the Bordens' home.

It wasn't immediately clear Sunday how authorities discovered the killings.

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051113/ap_on_re_us/parents_slain_abduction

We are having a bad couple of weeks in this area.There was a police office shot last week in Lititz, and now this little girl is missing. How sad. :( But what frustrates me is that nothing was mentioned about Kara until after 1pm. She has supposedly been missing since 8 this morning!
Also, someone had mentioned her possibly leaving willingly. Our local news is reporting that she left at gunpoint, but aren't mentioning how they came by the information.

absolut said:
that was the same story I just posted from the AP.... must be making the rounds now to all the major news outlets.

Her poor parents :(
They didn't deserve this. :(
And now her siblings and she are without parents.
So senseless. These kids have no idea the consequences and pain and suffering caused by such a cruel, spontaneous intention.

PrayersForMaura said:
And the girl was lying about her age, too!!
What was it ... she posted she was 17 I think??
Good grief.

This whole thing is going to unravel into something bigger, I am afraid. :(

I am not feeling so good about this myself. We will see.

I first and foremost hope she is safe. But I really hope that this isn't one of those incidents that was planned out by her and the boy friend since they were allegedly forbidden to see each other. I feel bad about this but that was my first feeling when I read it that this is some kind of twisted Romeo and Juliet thing. Hope I am wrong.

It could be that she had broke up with him & he got mad and came over and some sort of confrontation erupted. Parents say take off, leave etc. and he gets gun out of car and goes berserk, taking her with him as he goes.

Thinking that "He sure showed them he couldn't be told off or kept away from anyone he wants!"

That scenario is scarier for the girl but I would rather think she had nothing to do with purposely causing her parents deaths.

mysteriew said:
They have identified what she wore last. The only way they could do that is if someone was a witness? Possibly the siblings were in the home and saw what happened?
Is this the same David?
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=31568676&Mytoken=03b1d51b-4609-46b8-bf8a-13ea6fc2342f
Last logon was 11-12-05
Looks like he may have a Xanga journal also. Anyone famialiar with it?
Yes, same david. Younger brother ran from house to neighbour to call 911. Older sister at home, unharmed. Two older siblings not living at home.

petra said:
Yes, same david. Younger brother ran from house to neighbour to call 911. Older sister at home, unharmed. Two older siblings not living at home.

younger brother? I thought he was younger too, per the articles. But he lists his age as older?
unless he is lying about his age on myspace.com too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back