Netherlands Netherlands - Tiel, WhtFem, river Waal, Nov'16

dutchhelp

Reaction score
On 2 November 2016 the body of a young caucasian female was found near Zennewijnen (Tiel) in the river Waal in the Netherlands.

Length: 165 cm (5'5 feet)
Weight: 55 kg (121 lbs)
Dark plucked eyebrows
Long bleached hair with dark roots (in a pony tail)

Clothing: (see images)
Black T-shirt short sleeves, brand LOGG H&M;
Blue jeans, brand MNG jeans since 1984, silver logo;
Purple panties, no brand, model hypster with a bow at the front;
Black sneaker socks;
small black leather strap

Source is information from the Dutch police: https://www.politie.nl/en/wanted-an...d-persons/2016/december/zennewijnen-waal.html

Attachments

• zennewijnen-achterzijde.jpg
    zennewijnen-achterzijde.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 25
  • zennewijnen-voorzijde-overal.jpg
    zennewijnen-voorzijde-overal.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 27
  • zennewijnen-slip-voorzijde.jpg
    zennewijnen-slip-voorzijde.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 23
That seems like a very dressed down outfit for a young person there. And also it would be way too cold to be wearing that inside or out. The Dutch don't keep their houses that warm because it is too expensive.

Dark hair and dark eye brows wouldn't be that common in a native born Dutch person. And she is short. The same height as me. That says to me that this is a probably a young teenager. (My Dutch niece was taller than me by the time she was 13.)

I wish that they had an artist picture of her face. I would share it with my Dutch family.

On 2 November 2016 the body of a young caucasian female was found near Zennewijnen (Tiel) in the river Waal in the Netherlands.

Length: 165 cm (5'5 feet)
Weight: 55 kg (121 lbs)
Dark plucked eyebrows
Long bleached hair with dark roots (in a pony tail)

Clothing: (see images)
Black T-shirt short sleeves, brand LOGG H&M;
Blue jeans, brand MNG jeans since 1984, silver logo;
Purple panties, no brand, model hypster with a bow at the front;
Black sneaker socks;
small black leather strap

Source is information from the Dutch police: https://www.politie.nl/en/wanted-an...d-persons/2016/december/zennewijnen-waal.html

BBM

Age is mentioned as 'possibly young'
I wonder what that means.
Would she have been in the water for a long time?

I suppose she must have had shoes and a coat at some moment IRL.

That seems like a very dressed down outfit for a young person there. And also it would be way too cold to be wearing that inside or out. The Dutch don't keep their houses that warm because it is too expensive.

Dark hair and dark eye brows wouldn't be that common in a native born Dutch person. And she is short. The same height as me. That says to me that this is a probably a young teenager. (My Dutch niece was taller than me by the time she was 13.)

I wish that they had an artist picture of her face. I would share it with my Dutch family.

Given that there is no image/drawing of the face and the clothing it could well be that this body was found after some months, however nothing is stated about this, so we can only speculate. The outfit is perfectly normal for summer months, this year there was warm (summer-like) weather until September. The pants with holes in them seem to be in fashion, and even today with snow I saw several people wear such pants. That the Dutch don't keep their houses warm is something I never heard before, certainly not because they lack money to do so.

About the length, the average length of woman in the Netherlands is 1.68 cm, so she is just a little below the average (see https://www.cbs.nl/nl-nl/nieuws/2008/02/lengtegroei-nederlander-stagneert). Although blonde hair is quite common it is not uncommon to see people with dark hair (brown hair is with 45% the most common), given all immigration in the last centuries.

I agree with you that a drawing of the face would be a welcome addition to the case

BBM

Age is mentioned as 'possibly young'
I wonder what that means.
Would she have been in the water for a long time?

I suppose she must have had shoes and a coat at some moment IRL.

I believe one of the other sources mentioned just young and as such I did not add possible to the description. But I agree that this is a bit vague, young is quite arbitrary (somewhere between 12-25/30?).

The clothing and time being in the water are some interesting question. If she was in the water for some months it could be that this was what she was wearing (summer clothes). I found the socks with holes in them a bit weird, this could however be damaged after her death.

I don't know how far bodies can flow in rivers, but Tiel is only some 50 km (30 miles) from the German border, so if she had been in the water some time she could be from there, although the river running through populated areas (Nijmegen) and is heavily used by ships. Which would make me doubt this possibility.

Hopefully the police will be able to find some more details or are able to release some more details about the circumstances or the looks of the Doe.

Maybe it is just because I lived in Limburg, but they all kept their houses at about 65 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter, and didn't heat all the rooms. They just wore sweaters. I was told that was because it was expensive. (Whether they could afford it was never the issue. ;) My mother in law is well off, and still only does her washing when it's cheaper.) But if it was warm in September, that outfit wouldn't be out of place.

I know there are people with dark hair there, it's just much less common than blonde or red hair. I think we may be arguing semantics though. People who I thought had dirty blonde hair were classed as 'bruin', even though their hair was much lighter than mine. Dark brown hair to me says foreigner, or perhaps someone who is Dutch, but of foreign decent.

I was talking to my husband about this case, and he also said we should maybe look in Germany.

I wish they would do a reconstruction. That would definitely be helpful.

Hi there,

On the Dutch police site she is no longer listed. I think she is identified. Sad and glad.

Thanks for bringing her up. I would like to make some more threads. My "heart" cases are the young girl found in Rotterdam and still not identified and Het 'meisje van vise" a Belgian young Jane doe. I think both were sextrafficing victims. Could one of you help me with that? Thx

I found your thread about "het meisje van vise" thanks.

She is indeed no longer listed on the official police website. I can however not find any articles on the case which state that she has been identified (or actually I can not find any articles at all).

Perhaps you could send a message to the Police and ask?

She is indeed no longer listed on the official police website. I can however not find any articles on the case which state that she has been identified (or actually I can not find any articles at all).

Me neither....Because of privacy laws they took everything down I guess and the family didn't want to disclose the information. Respected. I'm not going to bother the Dutch police with questions about it, because they will not share information with the public about this anyway.

I'm glad she was identified. May she rest in peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back