Discussion of "Overkill - The Unsolved Murder of Jon Benet" doco crime scene footage

ZoriahNZ

Reaction score
I didn't get to watch the show when it aired, so a big thank you to Cynic for uploading an edited vid of the JBR crime scene photos (and crime scene video footage) from the Reelz documentary special here [WARNING FOR VERY GRAPHIC CONTENT]:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x57taej

There are definitely new items in Cynic's edited vid that I hadn't seen before. I've made screen captures of as much of the footage as I could. Some of it we've gone over already with a fine toothed comb, but the quality of the filming is very good and it's always great to get better detailed copies of the crime scene photos. The screens I took are in 780p, I couldn't watch it at 1080p but someone else might have better luck capturing even better quality screenshots.

For those who cannot watch the video for whatever reason, the folder with all of my screencaps is here:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4uxes88smk81o/Jonbenet_Overkill_Crime_Scene_Screencaps

Note: I cropped them with the timestamp still visible so that people can still use that as a reference when wanting to skip to a certain part of the video.

Now for the discussion part...

Images #1-5 are graphic crime scene photos of Jonbenet laid down in front of the Xmas tree in the front room. The only one I've seen before is #5. We can now see exactly how her arms were positioned above her head, with face turned to the right side. We can also see in #4 the white top she was wearing and top half of the long johns with striped waistband.

#6 is of the floor by the tree, nothing really to note, although I wish the shot were clearer so that we could make out what the toy gifts were (to the right).

#7-13 Are extremely graphic autopsy photos. We've seen these before, but these are HQ. There appears to be dried saliva or mucus streaks/runs on her right cheek which (jmo) is inconsistent with the idea of her mouth being gagged with duct tape prior to death. Unless it's adhesive residue from the tape? #12-13 close ups of her hand, it doesn't look like a heart to me, more like a crude happy face. What is the white particulate on her palm? Plaster from the WC floor?

#14-25 are basement crime scene photos and video footage. Note the position of the golf bags are consistent between the two. #17 & #18 - is that one of the cigar boxes mentioned on top of the can? #19 & #20 are blurry due to camera motion. However, it gives us a better idea of what else was in the WC at the far wall. Burke's bike? #21 & #22 are familiar shots of the white blanket and pink nightie, but clearer in my opinion. Seems to be no evidence of a barbie under the nightgown. Note also in the bottom left of #22 you can see part of the Lego System toy box which is presumed to be an unwrapped present for Burke. #23 is of more paint cans etc.

#24, #24a and #25 are interesting to me because it looks like there's a lot of green fake pine needles/garland/Xmas tree bits strewn on the floor, but also confirms (for me at least) that there's
no doll, no barbie to the bottom right of the blanket (as had been widely speculated and even accepted), but instead a piece of FAO Schwartz wrapping as discussed in this thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?116359-What-s-in-this-cellar-room-photo/page29 Post #425

#26 & #27 are close ups of the paint brush end of the garotte which we've seen before.

#28 & #29 are close ups of the paint tote, never noticed the little splinter of wood to the left before, but I am sure that others have.

#30 is a B/W photo of the underside of the tape. Better detail than I've seen before.

#31 is video footage of room where window is. #32 is photo of same area. Note that in both shots there doesn't appear to be debris from outside the window on the floor. Which, if someone had entered via that window sill, you'd expect there to be. Compare with #34 and #34a which are pics of the outside of said window, lots of leafy debris there. That piece of white twine there is odd, though. Presumably it was taken into evidence to compare with the ligature used on Jonbenet. #33 is a pic of the broken window from the outside.

#36 is a close up of the boot print in the basement. Seen before.

#35 & #37 are exterior shots of the house which proves there was definitely snow on the ground around the house that night/morning. So much for Dr. Phil's claims to the contrary.

#38-43 are pics of the kitchen area and table where the bowl of pineapple and glass of tea were located. Note the flashlight standing there in plain view. There are a lot of pictures of the bowl of pineapple, police were definitely interested in it as a piece of evidence. #40 interests me because of the placement of the bottle of cleaning product in the background. I recall seeing another bottle of cleaning product out in the hallway near the spiral stairs on the RadarOnline crime scene video. Might be nothing, just stuck out to me.

#44 is the kitchen phone which Patsy allegedly used to make the 911 call. How do you fail to disconnect properly on that kind of phone? Surely it would drop to the ground.

#45 hallway by spiral stairs. Is that a plastic bag of clothes at the bottom of the stairs?

#46 & #47 are JonBenet's bathroom (I think). Looks like some leggings/pj bottoms left on the floor by the toilet. Apparently the open drawer is where JBR's knickers were kept. I presume they examined the flexible shower nozzle thoroughly, pity we can't see it in the shot.

#48-50 are shots of JBR's bed and bedroom vanity. We've seen these before.

#51-53 have to do with the ransom note and Patsy's writing comparisons. Note they do have at least one finger print documented on the ransom note.

#54-57 are shots of the bloomies. I don't believe I've seen any of these because they include the cut out portion to the side. As can be seen in #56 & #57 there seem to be several little dried blood spots/stains on the cut out piece. Looks like they took two samples for testing, but there are still a few spots still left.

My apologies ZoriahNZ to for the wait on opening the thread. I was off the forum for a bit.

Thank you for going to all the work to put this together.

You all do amazing work. Thank you so much and please keep it up!

We need the truth out there now more than ever.

Tricia

Thanks Tricia for approving this, my very first new thread at Websleuths!! I need to make a small correction to the above, though. The vid resolution I took the screencaps in was 720p not 780p. Oops.

Thank you ZNZ.

Where is 12.png?

Hmm odd. Is it not showing up? Just went to the mediafire folder to check and it seems to be there. It's a shot of JonBenet's hand. Not the close up one, which is #13.

smart work here - wow. Please I beg all of you let's get to one point this year. How is it possible for people to get away with a child's murder - let alone your own. This alongside with Madeleine is haunting me. Nothing before like this. Here with Jobenet I will always think:

Did there not somewhere develop a story of too much "daddy love"? Really Patsy looked more upset than John. This indicated to me that if it was Patsy, he just let her go on like before. But... if he WAS molesting JB - he HAD TO SHUT UP. So I say! Patsy yanked her from bed and she bumped her head - baddy. This could have happened in her own bathroom - I don't think that there was ever tests done on surfaces in her bedroom.(JB) If her head was bashed in with a hard object? could it never be found? Was that one of the items removed?. John was very "cool" during everything. Why. Probably for his own sake. Probably to many skeletons hidden in his closet, so he worked together. Burkey? Mmmmm? little pest that one. Also another thing? Pineapple in milk? According to myself that would not work, the milk will turn sour in seconds. Also bit strange to me. Why would John just put the body down. If it was me I would sit there and weep and nooooooo one will remove me I am sorry. There must be a way that the truth can surface.

[video=dailymotion;x58m2f7]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x58m2f7_overkilltmojbr-part1_school[/video]
@8:15
Schiller's 1997 interview of John Fernie
Fernie: I... I can't remember,
it was just. you know.
"Come over."
Interviewer: "Come over,
something's happened."
Fernie: Yep. So...that was
(you know)
So, that was sort of just...
didn't know what...
I mean it was, then
it was a different deal.
Schiller's 1997 interview of Pam Griffin
Griffin: When I got there,
She just kept saying
"They've killed my baby."
She reached up and touched
my face and said "Couldn't
you fix this for me?"
image of rn
11:52
12:08
14:35
27:25
@12:14
PR: didn't, I just couldn't look at it
I mean I got to this place where my daughter was
missing
I went upstairs she was missing
and I I remember looking at this thinking who
who's signed it and then I would like
you know
kinda glance at it
21:43 paint brush shards
25:42 mark on right wrist
26:31 two paired injuries, cheek, back
30:16 PR exemplars
30:38
JR: ... of course I learned later that one of the doors was found wide open

31:21 alley at night
32:30 paint brush shards

Awesome! Will watch later and screencap anything else that looks interesting. :cheers:

There is also one thing that really bothers me. Why do everybody assume that the red drawing in her hand is a heart? Could it not be "headphones" Why is the top of the heart not connected like it should. In this case it looks like the heart was only half drawn and two lines to STOP THE TOP PART OF 'FOLDING' IN TO MAKE A NICE :heartbeat::discuss::panic::gasp::jawdrop:check the form of the heart here. JB's heart shape ends with two vertical lines. like the two end of a headset.

There is also one thing that really bothers me. Why do everybody assume that the red drawing in her hand is a heart? Could it not be "headphones" Why is the top of the heart not connected like it should. In this case it looks like the heart was only half drawn and two lines to STOP THE TOP PART OF 'FOLDING' IN TO MAKE A NICE :heartbeat::discuss::panic::gasp::jawdrop:check the form of the heart here. JB's heart shape ends with two vertical lines. like the two end of a headset.

Yes or a smiley face.

A big thanks to ZoriahNZ for taking the time and effort to put together a wonderful and informative post.

I agree it doesn't look much like a heart, but didn't Patsy claim at some point that she used to draw hearts on JBR's hands so when she wasn't there with her (and up on the third floor as as far from her as she could manage) she would have Patsy's heart in her hand? Other times I think she opined it was done by one of the White kids at the party. Could be nothing, but something seems a bit off about it.

smart work here - wow. Please I beg all of you let's get to one point this year. How is it possible for people to get away with a child's murder - let alone your own. This alongside with Madeleine is haunting me. Nothing before like this. Here with Jobenet I will always think:

Did there not somewhere develop a story of too much "daddy love"? Really Patsy looked more upset than John. This indicated to me that if it was Patsy, he just let her go on like before. But... if he WAS molesting JB - he HAD TO SHUT UP. So I say! Patsy yanked her from bed and she bumped her head - baddy. This could have happened in her own bathroom - I don't think that there was ever tests done on surfaces in her bedroom.(JB) If her head was bashed in with a hard object? could it never be found? Was that one of the items removed?. John was very "cool" during everything. Why. Probably for his own sake. Probably to many skeletons hidden in his closet, so he worked together. Burkey? Mmmmm? little pest that one. Also another thing? Pineapple in milk? According to myself that would not work, the milk will turn sour in seconds. Also bit strange to me. Why would John just put the body down. If it was me I would sit there and weep and nooooooo one will remove me I am sorry. There must be a way that the truth can surface.

That injury was too massive to have happened from a bump in a fall or a simple push. Even contact with a hard surface, unless she was picked up and slammed against it as hard as possible, would not cause that type of injury. She was likely struck with something heavy used with significant momentum.

As far as the pineapple in milk, my understanding is that normally sweetened condensed milk would be used which would have prevented the spoiling/curdling. Unless it was concocted by a child who didn't realize regular milk wouldn't work.

ZoriahNZ,
Excellent work on the screen caps, which I've downloaded. I cannot download the DailyMotion video.

Is there a software app that can download from DailyMotion independent of the browser?

#24, #24a and #25 are interesting to me because it looks like there's a lot of green fake pine needles/garland/Xmas tree bits strewn on the floor, but also confirms (for me at least) that there's
no doll, no barbie to the bottom right of the blanket (as had been widely speculated and even accepted), but instead a piece of FAO Schwartz wrapping as discussed in this thread:
Yes, no doll, or barbie, just the wrapping paper, likely courtesy of BR?

Seeing the clarity of the images makes me realize there is no way the pink nightgown arrived in the wine-cellar via static.

Yet it appears independent of the wine-cellar crime-scene, unless this is what JonBenet was wearing as she lay just outside the wine-cellar, or was it tossed in because it was overlooked?

In the first few photos, did she have dried blood in her hair??

[video=dailymotion;x58m2f8]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x58m2f8_overkilltmojbr-part2_school[/video]

OverkillTMOJBR_Part2
@3:45

Tape recording given to
journalist Schiller by Shapiro

Shapiro: I think I can help you...
...in sort of, just a friendly way.
I don't know for sure, but
I get the feeling that you...
want to know what's happening.

John Ramsey: Mmhmm.

Shapiro: I've talked to the FBI
and I've talked to the police
and I've talked to the D.A.'s office
and I'm not asking you anything
and I want to make that clear
but I think it would
just be interesting
for me to be able to
tell you some things.

John Ramsey: Mmhmm.

Shapiro: In the very early
days, there was of course
a lot of suspicion thrown
on you for certain reasons
but I think that everyone has kind of
moved past that by now.

Shapiro: Do you know about
the heart on the hand
that they found?

John Ramsey: Well I'd heard
about that, but I just
heard about it recently.

Shapiro: But you don't
know anything about it,
You'd never seen that
before, or heard of it?
You don't think your
daughter drew it?

John Ramsey: I don't think so.

Shapiro: Well, that means
the killler must've drawn it.

John Ramsey: Yeah.
@14:30
Steve Thomas voicemail
Hi, Mr. Schiller, my name
is Steve Thomas.
I'm a detective with the
Boulder Police Department.
I can tell you there are
things that I've witnessed
in this case that you
simply would not believe.
Things that in my opinion
have been unconscionable.
I know this case from
the inside, I guess
as well as anyone,
and there are things that
probably should be
known at some time.
But myself and a few detectives
are in a position to
speak for this little victim
JonBenet Ramsey.
@16:00
Schiller's conversation with Alex Hunter

AH: You made a call
to a Hugh Snodgrass
with Shuford Duct Tape.

Schiller: You're talking about
at the manufacturer.

AH: Yeah.

Schiller: Right.

AH: I would like to ask you
where you got the information
to make such a call.

Schiller: Obviously, from a law
enforcement source.

AH: Yeah, but I want you to
be more specific with me.

Schiller: Well, I can't be more specific.
I mean I can't give
you the person's name.

AH: Okay.

Schiller: Because, if somebogy aks me where
I got something from your side...

AH: Right.

Schiller: I would never reveal the name.

Schiller: I mean, I-- I can't do that.

AH: That's information that I
would very much like to have.
But I just --I would like
you to just think.
------------

AH: You surprise me when you say
there's gonna be
twenty satelite trucks
and this, that, and the other.
Do you think it's going to...
draw that much attention?

Schiller: Yeah, I'll tell you why, okay?

AH: Yep.

Schiller: ABC already sent a news
person here last week that was...
canvassing and asking opinions
and trying to decide this and
booking hotels and things like that.
------------------

exculpatory evidence:

AH: What would your reaction be
if this jury came back with a...
a--no indictment in a report?
How do you think
America will react to that?

Schiller: If the report...
really is revealing...
then I think America
would accept it.

AH: Mmhmm.

Schiller: But if the report was
just a bull$%!# report

AH: Right

Schiller: they would consider it a cover-up.
They'd consider, you know
that the jury was hand-picked.
Is this gonna be a
Grand Jury in which
exculpatory evidence
is presented?

AH: I don't think there's
any question about it.

Schiller: But the point is...
in the minds of the public
exculpatory evidence
is never presented to
a Grand Jury, when -- because it's
it's a tool of the prosecution.
So I think a big thing is gonna be
educating the public.

Schiller: To the fact that this is not
gonna be a normal Grand Jury.
Where a D.A. goes in and just lays out
the hand he wants to lay out.
------------------------------

AH: But I get the feeling
as the days have gone by
that everybody's real
tired of this *advertiser censored* thing.

Schiller: Not when it gets
into the Grand Jury.

Schiller: It'll be alive again.

Schiller: They're tired of the
speculation and rumor
but now it's coming
to some closure.

Schiller: Some finality.

Schiller: Now you're gonna see
real serious reporting.

AH: Right.
-----------------------------

Thanks you for such a great new thread, ZoriahNZ! :bow:

The quality of your screen caps is outstanding. I've saved all of them and will upload them to the pinterest page (link in my sig) as soon as I have time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back