GUILTY OH - Ashley Zhao, 5, Jackson Township, 10 Jan 2017

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Jackson Township police search for missing 5-year-old girl
15940783_1827014610855631_840608264634692368_n.jpg

Police in Jackson Township are searching for a missing 5-year-old girl.

Ashley Zhao was last seen in the 4900 block of Portage Street NW. Police believe she wandered out of the back door of a business.

http://m.cleveland19.com/19actionnews/db_348172/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=zCgiV9XS

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

I hate it when someone goes missing especially a small child

There is no evidence that she was taken and the investigation continues as a search and rescue.

Authorities used a ladder truck, drone and gator used to search for Zhao in a wooded area behind plaza where she was last seen.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-...ip-police-looking-for-missing-5-year-old-girl

__

The child had been known to walk out the back door on previous visits, although she was not seen leaving the restaurant.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/20170110/5-year-old-girl-missing-from-jackson-township-restaurant

Aside from the woods behind the restaurant there seem to be three small lakes nearby. What was the temperature that night? If she lay down to nap why would she have her purple coat on? I'm thinking abduction. Was back door to restaurant locked or unlocked? I would look at any workers, and workers nearby that had access to rear entrance. Shouldn't there be cctv?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Prayers for this young lady. My Asian friends own a restaurant. It is common for the whole family to practically live at the business during open hours. I wonder what deliveries may have been taking place at the other stores in the strip mall, or garbage pick up?

A store manager of Harrison Paint Co. next door to the restaurant, said she has seen Ashley and her younger sister at the restaurant many times. She called Ashley and her family "very nice." The store manager left work shortly after 6 p.m. and had not seen the girl. She also said she's never known the girl to wander away.

"(Police) did search the building last night," she said Tuesday morning. Officers called the paint store's owner, who in turn called an employee to return to the store and let police inside to search.

Employees at the Pet Supplies Plus declined to comment, telling a reporter, "We're corporately owned and not allowed to comment."

A detective in a vehicle parked at the front door of the Asian restaurant Tuesday morning got out of his vehicle when one member of the girl's family came outside. The two quickly re-entered the building and the detective, asked whether the family wanted to make a plea for help via the media, uttered a firm "No."

By 9:30 a.m., area search efforts did not appear to be continuing, but that officers were "regrouping" to determine their next course of action.

Officers do not need assistance from volunteers wanting to join the search. They will post a request on their Facebook page if they need more assistance.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/20170110/update-jackson-police-regrouping-in-search-for-missing-girl

A store manager of Harrison Paint Co. next door to the restaurant, said she has seen Ashley and her younger sister at the restaurant many times. She called Ashley and her family "very nice." The store manager left work shortly after 6 p.m. and had not seen the girl. She also said she's never known the girl to wander away.

"(Police) did search the building last night," she said Tuesday morning. Officers called the paint store's owner, who in turn called an employee to return to the store and let police inside to search.

Employees at the Pet Supplies Plus declined to comment, telling a reporter, "We're corporately owned and not allowed to comment."

A detective in a vehicle parked at the front door of the Asian restaurant Tuesday morning got out of his vehicle when one member of the girl's family came outside. The two quickly re-entered the building and the detective, asked whether the family wanted to make a plea for help via the media, uttered a firm "No."

By 9:30 a.m., area search efforts did not appear to be continuing, but that officers were "regrouping" to determine their next course of action.

Officers do not need assistance from volunteers wanting to join the search. They will post a request on their Facebook page if they need more assistance.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/20170110/update-jackson-police-regrouping-in-search-for-missing-girl

Stopped searching to regroup
No volunteers needed
Family declining to make a plea

This doesn't give me a good feeling

why are they so sure this wasn't an abduction? it says they believed she traveled out the back door in a unknown direction. she could have easily been taken outside. 4.5 hours from the last time mom saw her and the time she was discovered missing is a long time!

The two quickly re-entered the building and the detective, asked whether the family wanted to make a plea for help via the media, uttered a firm "No."

RSBM
I wonder why they said no...

She went to sleep with her coat on? Is there a couch or a bed in the back? Did she normally do this? Is school out still in Ohio? We just went back yesterday but I'm in Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It must have been a pretty busy restaurant that night. She went o lay down about 4 or 5---Mom couldn't check on her until 9:30 or so? Thats a long time...didnt anyone else go back in that room?

Ashley Zhao Lost, injured or missing

Zhao.aspx

Missing from: North Canton, Ohio
Missing since: 1/9/2017
Missing age: 5
Current age: 5
Date of birth: 12/30/2011
Race/Ethnicity: Asian
Height: 4'0"
Weight: 35 lbs
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Brown

Details

Ashley was last seen at Angs Asian Cuisine in North Canton, Ohio on 1/9/17 at 5 p.m. She was last seen wearing a purple winter coat and gray leggings.

Contact

Anyone with additional information or questions regarding this case should contact Jackson Township Police Department at (330) 834-3967.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Files/Law-Enforcement/Investigator/Ohio-Missing-Persons/Missing-Children/Zhao

I don't know the Zhou family's routine, but as the mom of a 5-year old, I am shocked to hear *any* 5-year old would willingly go for a nap, let alone one at 5pm! Hoping and praying for Ashley's safe and soon return...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back