greenwood_victor.jpg

• Missing Since 01/12/2001
  • Missing From Atoka, Oklahoma
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race Black
  • Age 36 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3 - 6'0, 130 - 150 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes.

Details of Disappearance

Greenwood was last seen in Atoka, Oklahoma on January 12, 2001. He went for his daily walk near his home, never returned and has never been heard from again. He left all his belongings behind at home. Few details are available in his case.

The family have already setted up a page for him and have been trying to search for him in years with absolute no luck whatsoever not even a clue just vanished off the face of the earth. He did his daily jog from his home and than vanished. They are begging anyone with the smallest information to contact them. They even allowed people for discussion as to what might have happened to him. My guess I have no clue since his details are very vague but it seems like he had no trouble in his life or any indication of trouble or runaway is pretty obvious foul play occurred in his case, possibly a racially motivated attack considering the town he lived.

Victor Ray Greenwood – The Charley Project

Last updated July 29, 2021; date of disappearance corrected, details of disappearance updated.

Details of Disappearance
Greenwood was last seen in Atoka, Oklahoma on January 9, 2002. He went for his daily walk near his home, never returned and has never been heard from again. He left all his belongings behind at home.

Greenwood received Social Security checks through a payee at the time of his disappearance. He hasn't picked up any of his checks since his disappearance, and may have only had $10 when he was last seen. Few details are available in his case.

I listened to the podcast of Victor and found some information. He was diagnosed with leper disease and did not drive and went on foot to places for a decade. He suffered from mental disorders due to to the loss of his mother. Several months leading to his dissapearence he would picked up by petrol cars due to public disturbance although unknown why. His brothers also noticed that Victor would talk to things other people couldn't see and most likely due to his mental health disturbance.

I listened to the podcast of Victor and found some information. He was diagnosed with leper disease and did not drive and went on foot to places for a decade. He suffered from mental disorders due to to the loss of his mother. Several months leading to his dissapearence he would picked up by petrol cars due to public disturbance although unknown why. His brothers also noticed that Victor would talk to things other people couldn't see and most likely due to his mental health disturbance.

Atoka cold case featured on true crime podcast

239454598_3048528775425985_6809606895955296935_n.png

A Georgia based true crime podcast is featuring an Oklahoma cold case of an Atoka man missing since 2002.

The Fall Line podcast features cold cases that have especially received little, if any, public attention. Next January will mark 20 years since Victor Ray Greenwood went missing. The podcast host and the Greenwood family hope this will spark conversation and bring forward new leads.

“Cause somebody knows something, I know they do. Cause it’s a small town like everybody knows everybody,” said Eric Greenwood, Victor Ray Greenwood’s younger brother.

Eric Greenwood was 17-years-old when his brother Victor Ray Greenwood went missing. Victor was 37-years-old at the time. He’s been an endangered missing person since.

“Everybody used to see him walking, I remember people would tell me yeah I’ve seen him walking down the highway. He did his same routine walk all the time, he never changed it up,” said Greenwood.

Victor walked everywhere because he was legally blind. He was last seen after leaving for one of his routine walks in 2002.
---
The first episode tells the story of his disappearance in an effort to spark conversation on his whereabouts.

“We are interested in asking people to think because there are people out there who might have an idea who might actually know or might not know that they know something important,” said Norton.

The second episode will be released Wednesday, and will explain all of the possibilities as to what happened to Victor or where he could be now.
---
The family encourages the community to listen to the podcast. If you have any information on Victor Ray Greenwood’s disappearance, contact the Atoka Police Department at 580-889-3250.

Atoka cold case featured on true crime podcast

VictorG.jpg
VictorG1.jpg

Victor Ray Greenwood has been missing from Atoka, Oklahoma since January 12th, 2002. There is a $1,000 reward in his case.

Victor, 37-years-old, was last seen leaving for his daily walk. He preferred to walk everywhere as he was chronically ill and blind. He kept to a routine. At the time he was struggling with mental illness due to losing his mother. He may have been in the middle of an episode as he was talking to people who weren’t there and having hallucinations. Victor’s family is very active in searching for him and have a Facebook page for him (please go give it a follow: HelpfindVictorRayGreenwood) At the time Victor received Social Security checks through a payee and he’s not picked up a check since his disappearance. He was 6’0-6’1 and 150lbs with black hair and brown eyes when he vanished.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back