NY - Sherlin Camacho, 2 mos, dies w/ multiple injuries, Bronx, 10 Jan 2017

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...l-broken-bones-life-support-article-1.2943266

A 2-month-old girl was on life support after she was taken to a Bronx hospital with several broken bones Tuesday, police said.

Investigators suspect child abuse after cops found the little girl unconscious in a fourth-floor apartment on Honeywell Ave near E. 181st St. in West Farms...

[D]octors discovered the girl had fractured ribs, a fractured tibia and a fractured femur...

Police detectives were questioning the girl’s parents as they investigated how she got her injuries.

How does anyone beat up a 2 month old? I will never understand....

Bless her heart. She's already experienced more pain than most adults. :(

Could she be one of those children who gets bones broken very easily from some illness ? I've heard stories about young babies having broken bones and they keep getting them after they are removed from the home. It's a rare disorder. I don't want to thnk someone is hurting an infant.

This is awful! Babies' bones are still somewhat malleable, which means it's much harder to break their bones than an adult's bones. They are more malleable to support getting through the birth canal, and continued growth. Someone really freaked out on this poor baby.

Could she be one of those children who gets bones broken very easily from some illness ? I've heard stories about young babies having broken bones and they keep getting them after they are removed from the home. It's a rare disorder. I don't want to thnk someone is hurting an infant.

The baby was found unconscious so I don't think it was that disease.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ound-unconscious-bronx-home-article-1.2943869

More sad info. This poor brand new human being. Beyond comprehension.

She is safe now in the hospital but how do you recover from this.

Crying.

A 3-month-old Bronx girl discovered unconscious was found with skull fractures, signs of strangulation and numerous old and new injuries to her head, ribs and legs, sources said Wednesday.

Sherling Camacho was on life support at Montefiore Hospital — and cops were investigating whether her father or 5-year-old brother was responsible for her grievous damage, sources said.

Cops are also looking into the possible involvement of Sherling’s brother Manuel Jr. who is big for his age, aggressive and might suffer from a personality disorder, sources said.

Manuel Jr. told detectives he gets angry when Sherling cries and feels sad when she scratches him.

Given a baby doll and asked to show how he holds his sister, the boy slammed it on the table, then punched it in the chest, sources said.

The babysitter told cops Manuel Jr. is so aggressive that she wanted to quit her job. She added that she tried to keep him away from Sherling., sources said.

it seems plausible it was the brother if he was left alone w her. they described him as a BIG boy with possible mental issues.

Hmm. Perhaps the five year old was mimicking behavior hes witnessed. He sounds like he has issues and would be highly susceptible to questioning. I'll bet it was the father, or maybe even the babysitter. This story stinks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Oh, my. It does sound like it could be the brother. I was thinking it sounded like someone was using that poor baby as a punching bag. :(

I wonder if any of the injuries are old or if they were all incurred at the same time. Who notified LE? If not the parents and this was not the first incident (supposing the older brother was the aggressor), I wonder if the parents were hesitant to seek medical attention for fear of having the older child removed from the home.

What a sad situation. I hope the baby pulls through and she will be protected from future abuse.

Hmm. Perhaps the five year old was mimicking behavior hes witnessed. He sounds like he has issues and would be highly susceptible to questioning. I'll bet it was the father, or maybe even the babysitter. This story stinks.

YES. He could be mimicking his Father. Maybe the poor baby has been abused by more than one person. Poor sweet baby...:rose:

This is awful! Babies' bones are still somewhat malleable, which means it's much harder to break their bones than an adult's bones. They are more malleable to support getting through the birth canal, and continued growth. Someone really freaked out on this poor baby.

RSBM

Someone should remove both children from that home until it's determined they're both safe.
Wonder if the older brother was coached ? :(
Imo.

@ Dateline Fan : I tried to PM you...your mailbox was filled to capacity . :)

For a five year old to be left alone with a newborn to cause that much trauma, nevermind no one hearing the baby scream is just unbelievable to me. I'm sorry, I think that the 5 year old is a scapegoat. Possibly also abused by someone.

Unfortunately, I can believe the brother did it without witnessing the behavior by someone else. I knew a young woman several years ago with a 4 year-old with oppositional defiance disorder. When anything didn't go the way he wanted it to, he'd go totally berserk. When he was 3, he broke his mother's nose and gave her a black eye, she was constantly full of bruises until he was finally properly medicated; he attacked his pre-school teachers and other students in his class almost every day. She always said she was glad she never had a second child because she was afraid of what might happen since she couldn't watch her son every second of the day and night. I'll have to wait for more information to reach any conclusions on this one,.

A 3-month-old Bronx girl discovered unconscious was found with skull fractures, signs of strangulation and numerous old and new injuries to her head, ribs and legs, sources said Wednesday.

Sherling Camacho was on life support at Montefiore Hospital — and cops were investigating whether her father or 5-year-old brother was responsible for her grievous damage, sources said.

Cops are also looking into the possible involvement of Sherling’s brother Manuel Jr. who is big for his age, aggressive and might suffer from a personality disorder, sources said.

Manuel Jr. told detectives he gets angry when Sherling cries and feels sad when she scratches him.

Given a baby doll and asked to show how he holds his sister, the boy slammed it on the table, then punched it in the chest, sources said.

The babysitter told cops Manuel Jr. is so aggressive that she wanted to quit her job. She added that she tried to keep him away from Sherling., sources said.

The indication of old and new injuries makes me sad and makes me wonder. If it was the brother, why didn't the parents get help for the old injuries.

For a five year old to be left alone with a newborn to cause that much trauma, nevermind no one hearing the baby scream is just unbelievable to me. I'm sorry, I think that the 5 year old is a scapegoat. Possibly also abused by someone.

Yeah, I'm not sure he could break bones.

Too many people that "might" hurt this baby live in that apartment.

If mom worked retail, she probably had day and evening schedules. Dad, as a pizza delivery person, more than likely worked evening/night shift.

So, why did babysitter live with them? Was her room a trade off for payment? Was she there to watch Manuel JR when either parent was home for the safety of the new baby? And then when both parents were at work, she was already there?

Remember, this baby is only 2-3 months old. She has lived a horrific life already. With two other adults living in that apartment, I can't imagine the father being that abusive. It sounds like the brother is a monster, a child with terrible problems who has not received the help he needs. For him to respond as he did when police gave him a doll, he is out of control!

My opinions only.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie