GUILTY AR - Ramiya Reed, 2, fatally shot, Little Rock, 22 Nov 2016

Reaction score
http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news...dler-killed-in-little-rock-shooting/611715963

I'm surprised this has never been posted. If it has I apologize for the double post - I just haven't been able to find this anywhere.

This shooting happened about 3 weeks before a 3 year old was shot and killed while riding in a car in another part of Little Rock (about 15-20 minutes away). However, the cases aren't related. The man who killed the 3 year old has been caught and arraigned and is now awaiting trial for several charges, including capital murder.

The shooting of the 2 year old happened about 7 blocks from where I lived for over 10 years. No one has been caught and there haven't been any leads or any updates in the news since her death other than the attached post regarding the reward. This is a horrific crime that should not go unpunished and for two families in Little Rock to lose toddlers in such a short time span AND during the holidays is completely unthinkable. Hopefully keeping this case open and discussed will help bring someone to justice and give the family some closure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a856b731c4c7acd8a4e79ff6de851bf6.jpg

Two people were charged earlier this year.

From May:

Arrest Made in 2-Year-Old Ramiya Reed's November Shooting Death

The LRPD announced Larry Jackson, 17, of North Little Rock, was arrested around 2 p.m. Tuesday. Jackson is charged with one count of Capital Murder and six counts of Unlawful Discharge of a Firearm from a Vehicle in the Second Degree. He is being held without bond.

2nd suspect in fatal Little Rock shooting of 2-year-old pleads not guilty, held without bail

A 21-year-old suspect pleaded not guilty in the November shooting death of a toddler and was ordered held without bail Thursday morning.

Deshaun Rushing of Little Rock was arrested midday Wednesday on a charge of capital murder and six counts of unlawful discharge of a firearm from a vehicle.

17-year-old accused in killing of Little Rock toddler seeks juvenile status

In his transfer petition, Proctor acknowledges that Jackson has prior convictions both in juvenile court and as an adult. He describes Jackson's prospects for rehabilitation in the juvenile-justice system as "extremely good."

"The offense is not a part of a repetitive pattern of adjudicated offenses that would lead to the determination that the juvenile is beyond rehabilitation," the petition states. "The prior history, character traits and mental maturity all indicate that the juvenile's prospects for rehabilitation are extremely good."

Jackson is to stand trial on Dec. 5, and Rushing's trial is set for February. Chief deputy prosecutor John Johnson told the judge he wanted to try Jackson first.

Suspects accused of killing 2YO Ramiya Reed in court

The attorney for 21-year-old Deshaun Rushing asked for another hearing since he was just brought onto the case. Meanwhile, the attorney for 17-year-old Larry Jackson reminded the court he filed a motion to move his client’s case to juvenile court.

Both suspects are scheduled to reappear in court on December 4th.

So glad the judge denied this request. I seriously doubted it would be granted since the defendant is 17 and the victim is a 2 year old baby. Plus, it didn’t help that these two idiots were just openly firing weapons in an area of the city that’s heavily populated with families. They’ll throw the book at them just to use them to set an example in an attempt to crack down on the 35% increase in homicides in Little Rock from 2016 to 2017.

Suspect in killing of Little Rock toddler ordered to give fingerprints as police investigate earlier armed attack

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/jan/12/shooting-suspect-ordered-to-give-his-fi/?f=news-arkansas

Deshaun Malik Rushing, one of two suspects in the November 2016 slaying of a Little Rock toddler, was fingerprinted at court order on Thursday as police work to link him to an armed attack on a 62-year-old Little Rock man that occurred about a week before the girl was killed.

Rushing, 22, and Larry James Jackson, 17, are each charged with capital murder and unlawful discharge of a firearm over the slaying of 2-year-old Ramiya Reed. Prosecutors are seeking life sentences for the pair.

Rushing is scheduled to stand trial in May, while proceedings against Jackson are on hold while his lawyer appeals Circuit Judge Barry Sims' December order that the teen stand trial as an adult.

Man Pleads Guilty in Two-Year-Old's Shooting Death

One of two suspects charged in the killing of a two-year-old girl in 2016 has pleaded guilty in the case.

Monday in Pulaski County Circuit Court, Deshaun Rushing pleaded guilty to First-Degree Murder and was sentenced to 30 years in prison.

Prosecutors say he will first be eligible for parole after serving 21 years of his sentence.

Larry Jackson, 18, has been jailed since May 2017 in the Ramiya Reed case. In Pulaski County Circuit Court, Jackson entered a guilty plea to Unlawful Discharge of a Firearm. He was sentenced to 20 years in state prison with 504 days of jail credit noted.

Teen Suspect Gets Prison Term in LR Toddler Murder Case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back