Found Deceased LA - Mark Bakotic, 21, New Orleans, 30 Dec 2016

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
mark-bakotic-ii_zpsutjfoqbo.jpg

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/01/man_still_missing_since_dec_30.html

Credit cards belonging to a 21-year-old man missing since Dec. 30 have been allegedly used by unknown women in the Lower 9th Ward, according to a news release issued Wednesday afternoon (Jan. 11) by the New Orleans Police Department.

Mark Bakotic II, 21, went missing Dec. 30 after leaving a night club in the Warehouse District...

Police said several of Bakotic's friends stated that he had taken a narcotic called "2CE" -- a psychedelic drug -- before wandering off from the club.

http://wgno.com/2017/01/11/nopd-loo...blic-credit-cards-used-at-multiple-locations/

Bakotic’s friends told police that they were at Republic in the 800 block of South Peters Street...

He is described as 6-foot, 4 inches tall, 185 pounds with short brown hair. He was last seen wearing a blue long-sleeve button-down shirt and blue jeans.

The women who tried to use Bakotic’s credit cards left the Magnolia Discount store in a black Acura.

I sure hope things turn out okay for this young man and his friends and family. I hope his life wasn't ended over some cash and credit cards, but (like most big cities) in some parts of NOLA you're just taking too much of a risk if you end up in the wrong part of town. I had a friend that was murdered there years ago when she wandered too far away from the Quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two weeks later and he still hasn't been found? Sadly I don't think he is still alive somewhere out there.

Bakotic's father was just on the local news. He ssid he won't stop searching until Mark is found. My heart goes out to him.

Anyone who has seen Mark, or has any information should call NOPD 5th District at 504-656-6050 . Detective Johnny McGee is handling the case.

Let's hope the women in the released photos will be ID'd soon.

I read a post on his mom's Facebook page saying he was carrying a girl when last seen. The girl is now safe but he took off running and that was the last time he was seen. Not sure if this is allowed to post?

He was right in the Central Business District/Lower Garden District. Those are known for being two fairly safe neighbourhoods, but I've biked through them at night and there are parts that seem a little weird to me. There's a TON of large roads there, he could have gotten hit by a car and the owner of the car might have panicked. I hope not, but if he was on psychedelics and running away from his friends then who knows what could have happened

Thank you for starting this thread. There is this guy and another one that I haven't seen a thread for in NOLA and didn't get around to posting it. Both have been missing for quite some time, with people actively looking for them.

I don't even know where to begin with him! New Orleans is a dangerous place to be looking like you are incoherent--- especially on new Year's Eve. I wonder if the girl ever said what she was running from?? Even though we have mostly been close to 80, we had a couple very cold days (by New Orleans standards). He would not have been able to stay on the streets for those days. That is concerning. I hope he is found soon!

He was right in the Central Business District/Lower Garden District. Those are known for being two fairly safe neighbourhoods, but I've biked through them at night and there are parts that seem a little weird to me. There's a TON of large roads there, he could have gotten hit by a car and the owner of the car might have panicked. I hope not, but if he was on psychedelics and running away from his friends then who knows what could have happened
The Lower Garden District has seen a spike in crime of late, I'm afraid. The Warehouse District is still relatively safe, whatever "safe" means around here.

FWIW, NYE was very cold with lots of rain practically the entire night.

Oh no. Hopefully they can find these women and get some answers for this young man and his family.

Along the same vein..

Abandoned Canal St. buildings a haven for drug users
45 minutes ago

NEW ORLEANS - Within the last year, two large buildings along Canal Street have become abandoned and the situation has been causing problems for local business owners who say people are taking advantage of the empty properties.

George Friedman has owned his bar on Roosevelt Way since 1996. Within the last few months he's watched more and more buildings near his property become abandoned.

"I'm concerned of the condition of Canal Street," Friedman said.

McDonald's changed locations, leaving the building on Canal empty. The abandoned building that caught fire last year still stands empty. Friedman watched both buildings become abandoned and now he's watching drug users take over the alley behind his bar that he used to share with McDonald's.

Two women sought in connection with disappearance of New Orleans man two weeks ago
www.wwltv.com|TEGNA|
1 minute ago

NEW ORLEANS – Police are looking to two women they believed tried to use the credit card of a missing man.
Officials said Karima Peters, 34, and Brittany Pinera, 31, have been named as persons of interest in the investigation connected to Mark Bakotic II.

more at the link

http://www.wwltv.com/mb/news/crime/...man-whos-been-missing-for-two-weeks/385646548

This is SCARY!!! I have to say that I definitely seen a huge spike in crimes that are carried out by women here! As if crime wasn't bad enough, now the women are getting involved. Oh, Mark. I am very worried for you.

This is SCARY!!! I have to say that I definitely seen a huge spike in crimes that are carried out by women here! As if crime wasn't bad enough, now the women are getting involved. Oh, Mark. I am very worried for you.

I sadly have to agree with you. This just doesn't sound good at all. It reminds me so much of the girl I know that was murdered just outside of the Quarter. It was many years ago, but drugs and her wandering off alone were both aspects in her case too. Just heart breaking.

I read a post on his mom's Facebook page saying he was carrying a girl when last seen. The girl is now safe but he took off running and that was the last time he was seen. Not sure if this is allowed to post?
Do we know if the girl he was carrying is either of the female PoIs? He is 6'4", too. Was going to say, not easy to miss or get the better of, but if he was impaired or on the ground already, it would have been easier to rob him. It's possible the only thing they're guilty of is finding or stealing his wallet and using his cards. He wouldn't have been far from the river.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Consider this FB scuttlebutt - it's believed that MB lost his wallet or had it stolen before he was last seen because of time of fraudulent credit card charges.

It appears dad is very active in the investigation of his missing son. My heart breaks for him. I hope he finds Mark safe.

Investigators want to talk to Karima Peters, 34, and Brittany Pinera, 31. Peters has a criminal history that includes convictions for stalking and illegal carrying of weapons, and arrests for theft, simple criminal damage, domestic abuse battery and simple battery.

http://www.fox8live.com/story/34250...men-accused-of-using-missing-mans-credit-card

2 of these arrests are in the past 6 months! That's not good.

http://louisiana.arrests.org/Arrests/Karima_Peters_29276581/?d=1

http://louisiana.arrests.org/Arrests/Karima_Peters_27699953/?d=1

http://louisiana.arrests.org/Arrests/Karima_Peters_18576960/?d=1

Do we know if the girl he was carrying is either of the female PoIs? He is 6'4", too. Was going to say, not easy to miss or get the better of, but if he was impaired or on the ground already, it would have been easier to rob him. It's possible the only thing they're guilty of is finding or stealing his wallet and using his cards. He wouldn't have been far from the river.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

By the posts on his mom's page I'm pretty sure it isn't either of the POIs. The post says the girl he was carrying wasn't in control of her body and was in bad condition but she's ok now.

This doesn't sound good :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She seems to really love her kids. I hope this was just using some credit cards from a lost wallet? Oh, I really hope. I don't want to believe these women (or anyone!) had a hand in harming him.

https://flipagram.com/KarimaPeters

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back