Failing in online love match results in lawsuit

Norma

Pook
Reaction score
http://www.clickondetroit.com/family/5401671/detail.html

After looking for love on the Internet and failing to find it, frustrated lonely hearts are heading to court, accusing online dating sites of engaging in deceptive practices.

A recent lawsuit against Match.com charged the matchmaking service with sending a female employee out on a date with a male subscriber as "date bait" to keep him signed up. Another lawsuit against a personals service offered by Yahoo Inc. accused the Internet portal giant of creating fake profiles to entice subscribers.

That is so wrong. I am surprised that Yahoo, a well known personals service, would be so deceptive. There are many people who are looking for love, and to create fake profiles is downright mean. I wish it was easier to meet people the old fashioned way. Alas...

Tristan said:
That is so wrong. I am surprised that Yahoo, a well known personals service, would be so deceptive. There are many people who are looking for love, and to create fake profiles is downright mean. I wish it was easier to meet people the old fashioned way. Alas...

It doesn't surprise me at all. I avoid anything Yahoo related after I was scammed by a Yahoo store owner. Yahoo knew this merchant was running a scam, but not only did they refuse to remove the store, they awarded the store owner a "Yahoo Award of Excellence". I learned that there were 58 complaints against the store at the time that they stole my money - Yahoo didn't care so long as they received the monthy rent payment.

Tristan said:
Years ago I briefly worked at a dating service called Great Expectations. Fake profiles, including videos were the norm. The people in sales would guide the perspective customer over to the vast volumes of profiles stored in three ring binders from floor to ceiling. Then the sales person would seemingly pull one or two out at random and just so happen open them to the FAKES!

Did you ever see a fat ugly person selling gym memberships? lol

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cynde64