Found Deceased IL - Ariel Kator, 26, Mundelein, 8 Jan 2017

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
North suburban woman missing for over a week
ec34a35b281551fbf9e7b3b49f908b84.jpg

Ariel Elizabeth Kator was last seen on Sunday, Jan. 8. She left a girlfriend’s house in Lakemoor, Ill., at about 12:30 a.m. wearing pajamas and black fuzzy slippers.

Ariel’s father Joseph Kator says*she sent a text a friend at 1:48 a.m. that said:*“Help me Ashley. God forbid something happened.”

http://wgntv.com/2017/01/17/woman-missing-for-over-a-week-in-northern-suburbs/

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

She was driving a 2002 Dodge Caravan. It is beige with a loud muffler, and the license plate number is P42 3333.

Police believe she may have been headed to Chicago.

This is bizarre.
She texted her GF, A, saying she needed help at 1:48 AM 1/8. She left her friends home (the same GF, from what I see on her Mom's FB post) at 12:30Am.
Her Mom says she has no phone. So whose phone was she texting from at 1:48AM?

GF's most recent public post surprised me, given the timing of things.

I'm also surprised that the article in the OP is the only one out there, posted 9 days after she was last heard from.

Per FB: The van she's driving is not hers and has been reported stolen to get an ATL out on it.

She didn't have a phone but sent text. Hmmm. Ok

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Very strange.

FB comments seem to suggest she had borrowed her girlfriend's phone. However, the text she sent seemed as if it were being sent to the girlfriend. Maybe the girlfriend had more than one phone. Interesting.

News link in first post as well as FB comments also suggest she may have been going to Chicago... So, she was heading to Chicago in pajamas and fuzzy slippers? Interesting.

This is bizarre.
She texted her GF, A, saying she needed help at 1:48 AM 1/8. She left her friends home (the same GF, from what I see on her Mom's FB post) at 12:30Am.
Her Mom says she has no phone. So whose phone was she texting from at 1:48AM?

GF's most recent public post surprised me, given the timing of things.

I'm also surprised that the article in the OP is the only one out there, posted 9 days after she was last heard from.

it is confusing.
wonder when her GF told someone about the last text? was she the only one that was clued in to something being wrong? why did it take so long to be reported? is GF the last person to see her then?

and the text itself is weird.
"Help me Ashley. God forbid something happened"
if something's happens or something already happened?

From what her mom has said:
She was at Ashley's, where she used Ashley's phone to get directions to Wabash street (downtown Chicago).
She then leaves Ashley's and sends her that text.
From whose phone??? HOW?

Did Ashley reply to that text?
Was LE called right away?
Where is the van?

And you're right, cool, the wording of the text is weird.

"God forbid something happens."

Or

"God forbid, something has happened!"

Ugh.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Does anyone believe the girlfriend allowed her to borrow her vehicle & leave for downtown Chicago in her pajamas and not asked her what she was up to?

It seems to me like the comment that she has no phone could simply mean her phone is off. People may say someone is stranded with no phone if their phone died, for example.

Tried to read through the FB stuff. Her mom is asked several times about whose phone Ariel was using, but she never seems to answer that question. She just keeps saying that Ariel has no phone. I mean the GF must know the details re: the text and whose phone sent the text right?

This makes no sense. I've been struggling to wrap my brain around a couple of cases today. Maybe it's just me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked earlier today, and haven't seen a response. I didn't weed through all the responses to see that it had been asked before. From her posts, it doesn't sound as if her home was dead, but that she had no phone at all. It's not just you, Limecat.

It's also worth nothing that her mom said Ariel's GF has talked to LE already.

what the what is going on here?
i'm not feeling a positive outcome but i sincerely hope ariel makes it home safely. her poor mama. it sounds like this isn't the first time she's been worried sick about her daughter.

Agreed! I hate to even suggest it, but women can stay out longer if they are using by doing "favors" for drugs. Guys usually have to surface for money/stealing/etc. I think the best hope is someone spots the van eventually somewhere.

I'm not seeing verifications she was found

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard