TX - Det. Jerry Walker, 47, fatally shot, Little Elm, 17 Jan 2017

drjones

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.wfaa.com/news/police-situation-in-little-elm/386828821

Officers responded to a report of an individual with a gun in the 1400 block of Turtle Cove just after 3 p.m. Tuesday, officials said. After police told the suspect to drop the gun, he ran inside the home and began shooting at officers, DCSO Lt. Orlando Hinojosa said. One officer was shot.
A man claiming to have witnessed the encounter said he heard one initial gunshot, and then an flurry of three or four gunshots with an officer hiding behind a truck in a driveway.
Walker was shot in the upper body and was careflighted to Denton Regional Hospital where he is surrounded by family, friends and fellow officers.

God please be with this injured officer and his family including his brothers and sisters in blue.

It seems like this is happening every few days now to a police officer somewhere in our nation.

I cant even comprehend how these good men and women get up each and every day to carry out their duties to serve and protect all of their communities when they know all too well it could be the last day they ever do so.:(

There are no safe tasks now for any of them whether it is serving a search warrant, eviction notice, simple traffic stop, apprehending a dangerous suspect or responding to a call for assistance. They aren't even safe anymore in restaurants or simply filling up their patrol car.

Something has to change and it needs to change fast or 2017 is going to be as deadly for police officers as it was for them in 2016. Already three police officers have died in the line of duty this year and several others have been wounded........some seriously.

IMO

^ link shows this started ~3:00pm CT today.
Still ongoing, per article time-stamped 7:16pm.
That's nearly 4 hours standoff w LEOs.

Hoping for a peaceful outcome. Thoughts & prayers for injured LEO.

elderly female was extracted from the house

suspect is believed to now be alone in the house

My heart hurts for his family [emoji17] I hope this situation is cleared up soon and no one else is hurt!

attachment.php

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wisn.r...e-detective-killed-suspect-barricaded/8609384

Rest in peace sir. Thank you for your selfless service.

My heart hurts and my stomach drops every.single.time I hear that an officer has been shot. Praying for Mr. Walker's family and the community of Little Elm.

Attachments

• IMG_0652.JPG
    IMG_0652.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 52
The link to the presser states suspect is dead. Healing prayers to the officer's family, coworkers, and to our nation.

Updates to this? Anyone? Thx in adv.

I did a quick search and must have missed updates, if any.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566
Back