Found Deceased OR - Brianna Judge, 23, Clatsop County, 10 Jan 2017

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
23-year-old woman reported missing, hasn't been seen since Jan. 10
cb9c73bc-bcc1-4cb7-bbb7-da5d06ad1e05-large16x9_BrianaJudgeCourtesyClatsopCoSheriffsOffice.jpg

A 23-year-old woman has been reported missing from Clatsop County and she hasn't been seen or heard from since Jan. 10.

http://katu.com/news/local/23-year-old-woman-reported-missing-hasnt-been-seen-since-jan-10

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

So I was sitting at my local pub today after work with a girlfriend and I noticed the big words Missing Person out of the corner of my eye. It was a poster for Brianna. I took a picture of it so I could look it up here on WS later and I'm glad to see she has a thread here started. I'm in the local area she frequents so it was good to see a poster for her, I hope she is okay and she is found safe soon. Going to see who I can contact if they want to put up some more posters in this area.

Edit: Sorry pic is sideways, can't figure out how to edit it and flip it.

Attachments

• IMG_2365.jpg
    IMG_2365.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 144
Thank you los! I've shared this on my FB and asked some friends to share it as well. Hoping she is found safe.

Reading Brianna's FB and comments on other FB pages we can't talk about, I'm not liking the sound of this. :( She sounded unhappy with herself in October.

According to the sheriff, she left a residence in Elsie (not Jewell as the poster says.) But other comments say Jewell. Poster says she left and went for a walk at 9:00 pm and never returned. The hoodie she was wearing is not warm enough. It's an isolated area.

Whose residence did she leave? Who said she went for a walk? Why did she go out on a winter night for a walk? How long before she was reported missing? Who reported her missing? Phone or wallet with her?

I hope Brianna is OK. Not optimistic though, sadly.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1370403129659437&id=124657214234041

Reading Brianna's FB and comments on other FB pages we can't talk about, I'm not liking the sound of this. :( She sounded unhappy with herself in October.

According to the sheriff, she left a residence in Elsie (not Jewell as the poster says.) Poster says she left and went for a walk at 9:00 pm and never returned. The hoodie she was wearing is not warm enough. It's an isolated area.

Whose residence did she leave? Who said she went for a walk? Why did she go out on a winter night for a walk? How long before she was reported missing? Who reported her missing? Phone or wallet with her?

I hope Brianna is OK. Not optimistic though, sadly.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1370403129659437&id=124657214234041

Yes, many of the same questions that I have too. Why is it 8 days later and we are just now hearing about a missing 23 yr old? Didn't anyone report her missing when she never came in out of the cold that 1st night?

It's hard when the only information we get is from comments on articles that we can't talk about because they are rumors, not fact. I really wish the family would start a FB page and post exactly what happened, what's being done, and what they would like to have done on Brianna's behalf.

http://www.kptv.com/story/34292917/...-for-missing-woman-known-to-frequent-portland

Going back through SM posts by family and friends, the earliest I have found is 1/15. At that point Brianna had been missing for five days. When was she reported missing? Was there a delay because no one knew she was missing (like Stacey Smart in Lewiston, CA) or did they think she would come back? She went for a walk at 9:00 pm dressed lightly for winter and didn't come home! Wouldn't the person who knows she went for a walk go out looking for her after an hour and call the police/sheriff by midnight and notify her family?

"Went for a walk" makes me think of Shiela Franks who left her boyfriend's house in Humboldt country and "went for a walk" at night and has never been found (he is also the POI in Danielle Bertolini's disappearance/murder the same month...also winter). We could probably come up with a list of "went for a walk" disappearances that ended badly...some murder, some suicide and some accident. I expect it's one of these in Brianna's case, sadly. JMO, MOO, etc.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tacey-Smart-51-Trinity-County-12-October-2016

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?238365-CA-Sheila-Franks-37-Fortuna-2-Feb-2014

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ielle-Bertolini-Brooks-23-Fortuna-29-Jan-2014

How do they know she went out for a walk? Was she upset? Who described her clothing right down to the boots?

I'm choosing not to read any comments from any other sources. I feel she may have had an eating disorder. I think she was not in the best state, mentally. Please let this darling girl be found safe

She left her own residence without her phone or her purse.

They found her boots yesterday. Apparently she left her house after an argument with her live-in boyfriend.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/north-coast/woman-23-hasnt-been-seen-since-jan-10/387217275

"Family members said she left the house after an argument with her boyfriend, and she didn't take her wallet, keys or cell phone. Judge was wearing calf-high boots, blue jeans, and a dark red hooded sweatshirt.

The Clatsop County Sheriff's Office said Sunday her boots had been found, but did not release further details."

They found her boots yesterday. Apparently she left her house after an argument with her live-in boyfriend.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/north-coast/woman-23-hasnt-been-seen-since-jan-10/387217275

"Family members said she left the house after an argument with her boyfriend, and she didn't take her wallet, keys or cell phone. Judge was wearing calf-high boots, blue jeans, and a dark red hooded sweatshirt.

The Clatsop County Sheriff's Office said Sunday her boots had been found, but did not release further details."

Oh that's not good at all.

An update by the Clatsop County Sherrif's Office, as posted to their Facebook page:

On Sunday, January 22, 2017 the Sheriff’s Office conducted a ground search in the Elsie Community for Brianna Judge. The search did not locate any additional clues; however, local residents responded to the command post and delivered a pair of boots they had found on the Hwy 103 bridge near Tweedle Rd. The bridge spans the Lower Nehalem River at the point. The Sheriff’s Office checked the immediate riverbank not locating anything more of interest. Due to the lateness of the day further searching was not conducted.
The Sheriff’s Office is evaluating further search efforts in the area. The challenge the Sheriff’s Office faces is with the recent weather and snow melt the bank conditions and river flow is dangerous. With the dry weather over the next week conditions should return to normal winter conditions. The Sheriff’s Office will be working with local partners to conduct both air and river borne searches. The Sheriff’s Office cautions individuals to use extreme caution if they chose to search along the riverbank as conditions are hazardous and we do not want to have anyone hurt in their efforts. The Sheriff’s Office continues to investigate the case and asks anyone with information that may assist in locating Brianna call 503-325-2061.

An update by the Clatsop County Sherrif's Office, as posted to their Facebook page:

On Sunday, January 22, 2017 the Sheriff’s Office conducted a ground search in the Elsie Community for Brianna Judge. The search did not locate any additional clues; however, local residents responded to the command post and delivered a pair of boots they had found on the Hwy 103 bridge near Tweedle Rd. The bridge spans the Lower Nehalem River at the point. The Sheriff’s Office checked the immediate riverbank not locating anything more of interest. Due to the lateness of the day further searching was not conducted.
The Sheriff’s Office is evaluating further search efforts in the area. The challenge the Sheriff’s Office faces is with the recent weather and snow melt the bank conditions and river flow is dangerous. With the dry weather over the next week conditions should return to normal winter conditions. The Sheriff’s Office will be working with local partners to conduct both air and river borne searches. The Sheriff’s Office cautions individuals to use extreme caution if they chose to search along the riverbank as conditions are hazardous and we do not want to have anyone hurt in their efforts. The Sheriff’s Office continues to investigate the case and asks anyone with information that may assist in locating Brianna call 503-325-2061.

Oh boy. Anyone local know any details with that bridge? If she jumped would it be high enough for certain death? But who would take their boots off for that.

It doesn't look that high, and it is weird that she would take off her boots if she were going to jump. The water also looks incredibly shallow. Then again, we did recently have snow and perhaps the river level is higher now that it's melted.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 103 bridge.jpg
    103 bridge.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 103 bridge.jpg
    103 bridge.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 383
  • google earth 103 bridge.jpg
    google earth 103 bridge.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 377
It doesn't look that high, and it is weird that she would take off her boots if she were going to jump. The water also looks incredibly shallow. Then again, we did recently have snow and perhaps the river level is higher now that it's melted.

attachment.php

attachment.php
Thanks for the pics. If that's the bridge I feel fairly confident that she didn't die from it. I guess we don't even know if they are her boots. Seems like an odd twist.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

While I think suicide is possible, I think we have seen enough of these to figure it is also possible he planted the boots there to suggest suicide, not considering things a suicidal person considers like "is this bridge tall enough?" We'd have to know more about how and exactly where they were found - it is rea;;y unfortunate these people didn't call police to report them and instead touched and moved them.

Suicidal people do weird things like take their shoes off before jumping. If she was concerned the fall itself wouldn't kill her, she may have discarded shoes to make sure the hypothermia does (or because hypothermia was already a factor). The shallow nature of this creek makes it look like it would freeze in winter though and that area should have a lot of snow to detect footprints etc.

I won't be surprised if she is found in or near the river, but I also don't think she killed herself. Here is another case like this one where another Brianna had a fight with her boyfriend, then "took a walk" only to be found in the river weeks later.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?298814-MA-Brianna-Cuoco-18-South-Hadley-18-Jan-2016

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back