UID Victim: Manorville John Doe, Hispanic male, 5'6", 112 lbs., Namus 2725, found Nov 2000

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/2725

Status Unidentified
Case number 2000-3995
Date found November 23, 2000 03:35
Date created October 17, 2008 15:38
Date last modified August 15, 2016 13:27
Investigating agency
date QA reviewed October 18, 2008 09:09
Local Contact (ME/C or Other)
Agency Suffolk Cnty Med Examiners Ofc
Phone 631-853-5555
Case Manager
Name Robert Golden
Phone 631.853.5555

Demographics
Estimated age Cannot Determine
Minimum age 30 years
Maximum age 45 years
Race Unsure
Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) 112, Estimated
Height (inches) 66, Estimated
Body Parts Inventory (Check all that apply)
All parts recovered

Body conditions
Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Probable year of death 0 to 2000
Estimated postmortem interval

Circumstances
Location Found
GPS coordinates
Address 1 e/b long isl. exp
Address 2 e/o Wm Floyd Pky
City North Shirley
State New York
Zip code 11967
County Suffolk
Circumstances
multiple traumatic injuries including crushed larynx

Medical
Medical implants
Foreign objects
mandibular intraosseous wire indicating healed fracture
Skeletal findings
neck injury

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing on body
Sparsely clothed

Clothing with body
white & blue srtipe boxer shorts
size medium, GAP brand

DNA sample submitted; tests completed.

(See link for more info)

https://identifyus.org/cases/2725

How about Pablo Plutarco Hernandez? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3873/0/
Geographically this is a long shot (missing from Phoenix, AZ) September 1, 2000.

What makes him possibly a match IMO is Pablo sustained a head injury prior to disappearing. Manorville John Doe has "mandibular intraosseous wire indicating healed fracture" and "neck injury"

Physical comparison:

Manorville John Doe: Hispanic male, 30-45 yrs, 5'6" tall, 112 lbs.
Pablo: Hispanic male, 36 yrs, 5"5-5"6" tall, 110-120 lbs.

How about Pablo Plutarco Hernandez? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3873/0/
Geographically this is a long shot (missing from Phoenix, AZ) September 1, 2000.

What makes him possibly a match IMO is Pablo sustained a head injury prior to disappearing. Manorville John Doe has "mandibular intraosseous wire indicating healed fracture" and "neck injury"

Physical comparison:

Manorville John Doe: Hispanic male, 30-45 yrs, 5'6" tall, 112 lbs.
Pablo: Hispanic male, 36 yrs, 5"5-5"6" tall, 110-120 lbs.

Some of those stats are spot on. I say submit him. Leave no stone unturned. They were both emaciated. Wow 110-112 for full grown men.

Some of those stats are spot on. I say submit him. Leave no stone unturned. They were both emaciated. Wow 110-112 for full grown men.

Thanks for looking over this suggestion. I'll go ahead and submit him. There are very few Hispanic adult males (or adult males of any race really) that lightweight in the databases. So far Pablo is the only one I found fitting the timeline with a prior head injury. I wish NamUs had an estimated post mortem interval listed -that would really help with factoring in the timeline for submissions.

Man I wish they would do a sketch

They probably have a sketch on file. SCPD didn't care to share. I wonder if the FBI would?

PS...Scotiansleuth, can you add where Manorville John Doe's remains were found on your outstanding map? Thanks very much! Here's a bessie cupcake, in advance.:cupcake:

Sorry quick add to the above post.

What man would wear size Medium boxer shorts if he is only 112 lbs? Either the boxer shorts are not his, or he became emaciated for one reason or another. Perhaps, drug addiction or emaciated due to captivity? At 5' 6" tall, he most likely was at least 125 to 150 lbs.

What man would wear size Medium boxer shorts if he is only 112 lbs? Either the boxer shorts are not his, or he became emaciated for one reason or another. Perhaps, drug addiction or emaciated due to captivity? At 5' 6" tall, he most likely was at least 125 to 150 lbs.

Thinking about captivity, or the missing person losing weight after disappearing, the story of Edivano Carlos Ribeiro stood out to me Edivano Ribeiro was last seen February 10, 1996 in Danbury, CT. Two years after he disappeared, his car was found abandoned in a New York City garage.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/ribeiro_edivano.html

(Nothing about a head injury but the locations are much closer in this case than my first suggestion)

Thinking about captivity, or the missing person losing weight after disappearing, the story of Edivano Carlos Ribeiro stood out to me Edivano Ribeiro was last seen February 10, 1996 in Danbury, CT. Two years after he disappeared, his car was found abandoned in a New York City garage.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/ribeiro_edivano.html

(Nothing about a head injury but the locations are much closer in this case than my first suggestion)

Yup, I noticed him too, good match! I can't find anything on where the garage was located in NYC, however, I'll keep looking. My opinion is, that he was suppose to go home to Brazil, but I think he ran away to NYC instead. No job, no place to stay in NYC, with only a car. Hmm... He also was a busboy before he left Danbury, CT. Easy to see him getting a job paying under the table at a restaurant in NYC.

Thank you for making this thread. There is a high probability this man came from Brooklyn or Long Island

Thank you for making this thread. There is a high probability this man came from Brooklyn or Long Island

There is also a probability that he sought out a Portuguese speaking community since he was from Brazil when he initially disappeared. If that's so, then it could possibly put him in Bristol County, MA with the highest number of Portuguese people in the Northeast.

There is also a probability that he sought out a Portuguese speaking community since he was from Brazil when he initially disappeared. If that's so, then it could possibly put him in Bristol County, MA with the highest number of Portuguese people in the Northeast.

I meant the John Doe was likely from Brooklyn or Long Island. Also I believe we are looking for someone who had his jaw wired after a fracture.

I meant the John Doe was likely from Brooklyn or Long Island. Also I believe we are looking for someone who had his jaw wired after a fracture.

Woops, I got confused. His fractured jaw would explain the weight loss, and guessing he would've had surgery to repair his jaw sometime in the summer of 2000.

Woops, I got confused. His fractured jaw would explain the weight loss, and guessing he would've had surgery to repair his jaw sometime in the summer of 2000.

It's possible that John Doe wasn't reported missing but had a criminal record. Instead of dismembering him, the killer just removed fingertips to prevent identification

Sorry quick add to the above post.

Good point maybe the John owned them? My thought based off weight is this was a twink(tyler of very skinny gay guy) but then you mentioned the boxers and now I think either held captive untik he lost a lot or drugs or homeless or a brand that runs small or he had s big butt or junk. I'm thin but have always had a muscular butt and have to buy any underwear or bikini go bottom in medium large. And if he had on briefs or boxer briefs or speedo style they'd be tighter than boxers which would be big on a man that size but more so long

HIV and aids would also cause that weight(think Matthew mcconahay in Dallas buyers club) which go with the drugs and often gay men get it and it all would go hand in hand with sellknf hjnself flr drug money then spending it on that and not food.

HIV and aids would also cause that weight(think Matthew mcconahay in Dallas buyers club) which go with the drugs and often gay men get it and it all would go hand in hand with sellknf hjnself flr drug money then spending it on that and not food.

Or the medical examiner is wrong and he wasn't that thin?

I was reading an article from when Manorville Jane and John Doe were found it has his weight as 130-150 and height between 5' 6" and 6'.

http://www.doenetwork.org/media/news18.html

Well 63 inches on the namus would be 5'2. So that's a big difference, and if this was a whole body like they claim there shouldn't be this big of a discrepancy. What's going on here? What's up with the medical examiner? 112 pounds could be right for 5'2 right?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back