TX TX - Deborah Sue Agnew Williamson, 18, Lubbock, Aug 1975

ddequus

Reaction score
On Sunday evening, August 24, 1975, 18 year old newlywed Deborah Sue Agnew Williamson returned home after having dinner with her parents, Bob and Joyce Lemons, at 8:30 p.m. She spoke on the phone with her husband, Doug Williamson, at 9:00 p.m. Mr. Williamson was at work at a local pizza restaurant and was expecting Deborah to come to his job and work crossword puzzles while waiting for him to get off. She never arrived. At approximately 1:10 a.m. Mr. Williamson found his wife stabbed to death in the carport of their home. Beside the car were her car keys, a crossword puzzle book and a pen. Her purse was missing and has never been recovered. Her blouse was open and her pants were pulled down but police did not believe rape was involved in her murder. Two men were questioned by police but were determined to have no connection to the case. In 1994, Henry Lee Lucas was driven by the crime scene and "confessed" to the murder. After spending a large amount of money, Mrs. Williamson's parents, Bob and Joyce Lemons proved that Mr. Lucas was in another state at the time of the murder and could not have been responsible for it. I am trying to find the family of Mrs. Williamson in an effort to get this cold case reopened. If you know the whereabouts of her sisters, Elizabeth Lemons or Pamela Agnew, please ask them to contact me.

The newspaper articles are kind of garbled as I had to read without a subscription. The 1976 article mentions her wedding album was missing (along with her purse). Sounds like it might have been an ex boyfriend who was angry she rejected him and chose Doug, or possibly an ex gf of Doug who was angry he chose Deborah over her?

The newspaper articles are kind of garbled as I had to read without a subscription. The 1976 article mentions her wedding album was missing (along with her purse). Sounds like it might have been an ex boyfriend who was angry she rejected him and chose Doug, or possibly an ex gf of Doug who was angry he chose Deborah over her?

Could be but you would think the police would have investigated that angle. I am in the process of pulling all of the newspaper articles from the library. They are on microfilm and it's not easy to read them and/or locate them. Her wedding album was missing but police dismissed that because they claim that it was in the house the night of the murder. However, her family states that there were two albums and one is missing. Also, her step-father claims that she had been receiving threats and was afraid of being raped. I have found that her brother, Ricky Don "Dylan" Agnew died in Arlington, Texas on March 6, 1990 but I have been unable to locate his obituary. Was hoping it would provide more info regarding her family.

Who Killed Debbie Sue? Family Searches for Answers 42 Years Later

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/kamc-news/who-killed-debbie-sue-family-searches-for-answers-40-years-later/852500786

The Lubbock Police Department has had an investigator dedicated to this case since it happened in 1975, but can often run into problems when handling a 42 year old cold case.

"If we're dealing with a significant amount of time, people associated with that case, they may move off, they may become deceased so you lose info that you have available at the beginning of the case," said Sgt. Marc Wall of the Lubbock Police Department. "So what they want to do is create gaps in the case so that they can find areas to work."

Her family believes Debbie Sue knew her killer since it seemed like a personal attack.

"I really want to know why," said Flatt. "It was obviously personal and someone that knew her. My mother is getting very elderly. I don't know how much time she has left with me and I would do anything to give that to her."

Taking a wedding album during a murder is a significant clue. To anyone not in the photographs, that's a pretty random item for a killer to flee the scene with.

On Sunday evening, August 24, 1975, 18 year old newlywed Deborah Sue Agnew Williamson returned home after having dinner with her parents, Bob and Joyce Lemons, at 8:30 p.m. She spoke on the phone with her husband, Doug Williamson, at 9:00 p.m. Mr. Williamson was at work at a local pizza restaurant and was expecting Deborah to come to his job and work crossword puzzles while waiting for him to get off. She never arrived. At approximately 1:10 a.m. Mr. Williamson found his wife stabbed to death in the carport of their home. Beside the car were her car keys, a crossword puzzle book and a pen. Her purse was missing and has never been recovered. Her blouse was open and her pants were pulled down but police did not believe rape was involved in her murder. Two men were questioned by police but were determined to have no connection to the case. In 1994, Henry Lee Lucas was driven by the crime scene and "confessed" to the murder. After spending a large amount of money, Mrs. Williamson's parents, Bob and Joyce Lemons proved that Mr. Lucas was in another state at the time of the murder and could not have been responsible for it. I am trying to find the family of Mrs. Williamson in an effort to get this cold case reopened. If you know the whereabouts of her sisters, Elizabeth Lemons or Pamela Agnew, please ask them to contact me.

Debbie's sister is a huge advocate for her

You can contact her sister through the family's facebook page for Debbie: Justice For Deborah Sue Williamson - Debbie Agnew

It seems like Debbie was on her way out to the carport when she was waylaid by someone who forced her back to the house. JMO.

Her clothes were in disarray but there was no sexual assault. Maybe the killer wanted it to look like sex crime?

In the podcast, her sister said that one of Debbie’s ears had been cut off. This was a really up close and personal assault.

I haven’t read anything that suggests a woman couldn’t have committed this crime. IMO this is a very vengeful attack by a very enraged person.

The podcast really shows the terrible aftermath of a murder. It certainly had a terrible impact on Debbie’s family.

Jan. 7, 2022
$15,000 reward being offered in Lubbock cold case murder (fox34.com)
''LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - A private group investigating a 46-year-old Lubbock cold case murder is now offering a $15,000 reward.

In August, the KCBD Investigates team spoke with the private investigators working on the murder case of Deborah Sue Williamson.

Debbie was 18 years old at the time of her death. She was fatally stabbed outside of her Lubbock home on Aug. 24, 1975. Her husband Doug found her body around 1 a.m. and called police. Debbie was stabbed 17 times.''

''Tips can be submitted at tips@justice4debbie.com or by calling Crime Line at 741-1000. You can remain anonymous.

A new Facebook page has been set up that you can request to join to follow their investigation''

Jan. 10, 2022
$15,000 reward being offered in West Texas cold case murder (kwtx.com)
''LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - A private group investigating a 46-year-old Lubbock cold case murder is now offering a $15,000 reward.

In August, the KCBD Investigates team spoke with the private investigators working on the murder case of Deborah Sue Williamson.''

''tips can be submitted at tips@justice4debbie.com or by calling Crime Line at 741-1000. You can remain anonymous.

A new Facebook page has been set up that you can request to join to follow their investigation.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back