IL IL - Carina Karras, 20, Grayslake, 31 Dec 2005

If the last place she was seen is Grayslake, IL...then why are Chicago police investigating her disappearance? Is it because (I only presume) she was suppose to be on the way to Chicago on that train?

If the last place she was seen is Grayslake, IL...then why are Chicago police investigating her disappearance? Is it because (I only presume) she was suppose to be on the way to Chicago on that train?

Her NamUs profile states that she's missing from Chicago, Il. The Chicago Police Violent Crimes Division appears to be the ones investigating her disappearance. I was looking into this case further, and I think there's a lot more to it that we're not aware of.

I think she looks somewhat like the reconstructions, including Carl K's, of Fond du Lac Jane Doe.

Against: Not pigeon-toed/knock-kneed, as far as we know. Disappeared 3 years before Doe corpse found. Probably, judging by last name, Greek Orthodox, so not likely to have Benedict medal, if so. Would be a little over estimated age.

carina_lynn_karras_6.jpg carina_lynn_karras_9.jpg Fond_Du_Lac_Jane_Doe.jpg fonddulacjanedoe.jpg

I think she looks somewhat like the reconstructions, including Carl K's, of Fond du Lac Jane Doe.

Against: Not pigeon-toed/knock-kneed, as far as we know. Disappeared 3 years before Doe corpse found. Probably, judging by last name, Greek Orthodox, so not likely to have Benedict medal, if so. Would be a little over estimated age.

View attachment 224100 View attachment 224101 View attachment 224102 View attachment 224103

Ruled out: Fond du Lac County Jane Doe was found to be a young woman named Amy Yeary.

Last edited:
-Carina was supposed to meet a friend and move to Las Vegas, NV. She was last seen wearing a black jacket (similar to the pic below where she's holding the cat) and blue jeans, and boarding a Metra Train in Grayslake, IL on 31-December-2005.
-She goes by the name 'Carrie'.
-Chicago Police Department Case Report HM-104353.
-Her MySpace page was last updated at 03:27hrs. on 08-December-2005, with a blog post titled “Where have all the cowboys gone?” - since then her page has been inactive.
-She was born on 30-June-1985 (though 29-June-1985 can be found as well) in Park Ridge, Illinois, and is of Greek heritage. She lists her interests as dancing, and states that she would like to work in the entertainment industry.
-Her mother and father are now both deceased. They had been looking for her for years, though there's little online to reflect this.
-She had a boyfriend at the time who has stated she failed to show for their pre-arranged date together on 31-December-2005.

Last edited:
The pics below were taken here: The Club House Studio Apartments (formerly The Carter Hotel (1997-????) which is now out of business: Google Maps I believe they were taken on the top floor, the 3rd window from the left. The building is the location of the now closed South Loop Club, and is near both Columbia College and Roosevelt University and their dorms.

1683928047901.png

With unknown male:
1683928260035.png

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members