UK - Gary Glitter for child molestation, London, 2012 *guilty*

zwiebel

Reaction score
70s pop star Gary Glitter has been charged with 8 historical sexual offences against girls between the ages of 12-14, during the period 1977-80. Prosecution dropped 5 other allegations.

Glitter (real name Paul Gadd), will reappear in court June 19th. It doesn't look like he's entered a plea yet.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27720875

ETA: What am I talking about? He hasn't appeared in court at all yet. He's just been charged! 1st appearance is June 19th. Sorry....

Okay, to make it worse, I forgot I opened this thread and tried to open another one. But here's an update, anyhow.

Former Brit pop star Gary Glitter ( real name Paul Gadd) 70, has appeared in court, charged with six historical counts of indecent assault, one of unlawful sex with a girl under 13 and one count of administering a drug to obtain sex.

'The offences are alleged to have taken place in the late 1970s and early 1980s.'

I think - but am not certain - these charges are a result of 'Operation Yewtree' which has resulted in charges being brought against minor celebs Max Clifford, Freddie Starr and undreds of allegations against Jimmy Savile, deceased.

Next court date 3rd July. No plea entered yet.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27917993

T-rex, i used to watch top of the pops, Gary Glitter, Jimmy Savile. I don't agree with these historical trials or maybe i just envy that i was'nt groped or poked by a famous wealthy fella. It was a different back then, do you remember Jack Benny?? The songs about young girls and becoming a woman. I would much prefer that the children of todays abuse are helped. Now a days (hopefully) a perv will end up in jail, but since the punishment is severe, i believe its making pervs more violent and deadly jmo

At least they've managed to nab an actual pedophile, in this case.

A guy who's been banned from Vietnam (where he was jailed for sexual assault against two minors) and the Philipines for sex tourism with children is pretty much a shoe-in for having some valid complaints against him in the UK.

Speaking of which, WHY was his travel ban lifted.. really, why any nation would allow a convicted pedo to travel there, I do not know. All international travel for convicted pedos should be banned, or severely limited!!!!!

his history.jmI don't agree with these historical trials,

i believe the $ better spent on the here and now and child sex tourism.

and mr glitter is almost too easy to find guilty with his history and record jmo

I agree with you, nao, especially considering that the vast majority of cases pursued have come to nothing, most accused are being exonerated with not guilty or never brought to trial.

I think about the millions it's cost (never minds the stress and grief and loss caused to the falsely accused!!! and their families..) to prosecute a few 80 yr olds for purportedly squeezing somebody's boob in the 60's, and how much better spent it would have been doing just what you've said -- aggressively pursuing cases where children are being raped and forced into child *advertiser censored*, right now.

And I think accusers who are *proved* to be telling falsehoods in these cases NEED to be prosecuted heavily.

In Glitter's case, he is clearly a sexual predator. So was Jimmy Savile. But GG is just as likely to have actually raped young girls, or foisted himself on them. His behaviour since that era *should* be taken into account, because it shows he is an actual pedophile, and possibly there's some pattern behaviour there that could help the historic cases.

Disgraced pop star Gary Glitter has been released from prison, according to the Press Association.

The 79-year-old has been freed after serving half of his 16-year sentence for sexually abusing three schoolgirls, the PA news agency understands.

He attacked two girls, aged 12 and 13, after inviting them backstage to his dressing room, and isolating them from their mothers.

The singer crept into the bed of his third victim - a girl who was aged under 10 at the time - in an attempt to rape her in 1975.

Glitter, whose real name is Paul Gadd, was at the height of his fame when he preyed on the youngsters.

b9gghuuigaauslp-1_3529336.jpg
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Disgraced pop star Gary Glitter has been released from prison, according to the Press Association.

The 79-year-old has been freed after serving half of his 16-year sentence for sexually abusing three schoolgirls, the PA news agency understands.

He attacked two girls, aged 12 and 13, after inviting them backstage to his dressing room, and isolating them from their mothers.

The singer crept into the bed of his third victim - a girl who was aged under 10 at the time - in an attempt to rape her in 1975.

Glitter, whose real name is Paul Gadd, was at the height of his fame when he preyed on the youngsters.

View attachment 400832

View attachment 400832
I found an article detailing crimes he committed in Asia for which he was expelled and not allowed to many countries there anymore.

Convicted sex offender Gary Glitter will remain behind bars after losing a Parole Board bid.
Glitter, whose real name is Paul Gadd, was jailed for 16 years in 2015 for sexually abusing three schoolgirls between 1975 and 1980.
The 79-year-old was automatically released in February last year but was put back behind bars six weeks later after breaching his licence conditions.
A panel said Gadd continued to show a "lack of victim empathy".
The summary of the Parole Board panel's decision said: "It found on the evidence that at the time of the offending, and while he was on licence, Mr Gadd had a sexual interest in underage girls."
It said Gadd had not taken part in any programmes in prison to address his offending and continues to deny having a sexual interest in children.

If the Grinch and a thumb got together to have a bad son...it would be him.

Ewwwww.

If you go down an Internet rabbit hole regarding him and Jimmy Saville, prepare to be appalled.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back