Raven's Mission

Moxie

She Was...An American Girl...
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone here knows where Raven went on his mission and if so, when he went and for how long. I have heard various stories with Raven as the source, and the stories vary widely in their facts. If you are uncomfortable posting, please pm me. Any information you can provide is appreciated.

Raven is evidently suddenly very involved with his church and faith. Am curious as to how dedicated he truly is. Does his stake president know about his conviction for embezzlement or his repeated adultery during his marriage to Janet?

Again, please post if you have any information, or pm me.

You know the whole show about Raven's religious revival, makes me sick. It makes me sick to see someone diving for protection into the religion that he gave no qualms or thoughts about when he--left his wife, committed adultry, stole money from his employer, lied to his wife, her family, his family, oh yeah, and killed his wife (oh and I could go on--like lying to be able to even put his missionary papers in, lying to be able to go into the temple, etc.) I would loathe him even more if I knew he was taking money from the LDS Church to pay off the penalties from his embezzlement charges (not misdemeanor) or use those funds to say, um go on little jaunts to Moab.

So, I don't think that his bishop or stake president would necessarily know about his convictions or affairs. Although I would think that there's some way for them to find out--at least about the embezzlement, since we've got web sites displaying the info here. His affairs, would have to have been divulged from his own mouth (or the women that were involved). And we all know that's not going to happen.

I went to school with Raven in VA. He left after the first semester to work, but did not serve a mission to the best of my knowledge. Does anyone else from the SVC crowd remember it that way?

I'm always hesitant to judge anyone's commitment to their religion, but Raven's sudden turn-around is enough to raise an eyebrow...or two!

As far as Kaiden goes, he's a crappy father now and always will be. It's hard to be a good daddy when you murdered his Mommy.

His beliefs are definitely not my beliefs, he believes in one thing and that is The Raven.

I haven't been to church in eons, and I have more of a foot in the gate than The Raven ever will.

Hey everyone,

Been awhile since I posted anything, but I read a lot.

I grew up with Raven and from what I remember, he did not go on a mission. He met Janet right around the time he should have gone on one--19 years of age, and then moved out of Utah.

I'll post when I am home for the holidays and try and find out if he is there too.

Hey good to see ya RG! That would be great if you could update us with what is going on in Utah. It will be interesting to see if raven spends Christmas with his family or is on "vacation" during Kaiden's first Christmas.:loser:

reportergirl said:
No prob, ew. I'll post as soon as I get settled there.
Thanks Reportergirl, just do us a favor....be careful, he's dangerous.

Hey guys - I hope everyone is doing well - I've been following the site as devotedly as possible. I hate that there hasn't been anymore media attention, of course, the whole drama down in Aruba certainly didn't help...

As several others have said, Raven did not serve a mission. I feel it safe to say that had he served one, his path in life very well could have been different.

Concerning the idea that his current Priesthood leaders are oblivious to what has transpired in NC, you can rest assured that they know. When someone moves into a new ward, the Bishop often calls the former Bishop in order to gain insight into any needs or problems that exist. This is especially true if a new member of the ward is seeking financial assistance. The Bishop would immediately contact the former Bishop in order to uncover any previous history. Trust me, they don't naively dole out money to everyone who comes knocking. The Church delves into every aspect of the individual's life, financially and spiritually, in order to get them on the right track.

Any forensic psychologist will tell you that the M.O. of many violent crime offenders is a sudden attack of conscience and a sudden flurry of religious involvement. Raven is true to his character.

Jenifred said:
You know the whole show about Raven's religious revival, makes me sick. It makes me sick to see someone diving for protection into the religion that he gave no qualms or thoughts about when he--left his wife, committed adultry, stole money from his employer, lied to his wife, her family, his family, oh yeah, and killed his wife (oh and I could go on--like lying to be able to even put his missionary papers in, lying to be able to go into the temple, etc.) I would loathe him even more if I knew he was taking money from the LDS Church to pay off the penalties from his embezzlement charges (not misdemeanor) or use those funds to say, um go on little jaunts to Moab.

So, I don't think that his bishop or stake president would necessarily know about his convictions or affairs. Although I would think that there's some way for them to find out--at least about the embezzlement, since we've got web sites displaying the info here. His affairs, would have to have been divulged from his own mouth (or the women that were involved). And we all know that's not going to happen.

So, if Raven's Bishop in NC did not know of his marital indiscretions or of his embezzlement at the time that his Utah Bishop contacted him, it is possible that Raven has been able to fly under the radar ?

So, if the NC Bishop knew about the Embezzlement and the Affairs, The Raven was still receiving help from his Church. Wouldn't the embezzlement and the affairs be a reason to start ex-communication in NC of The Raven?????

How can we know whether or not for a fact Utah contacted NC? It would seem to me that the Preisthood Leaders in Utah do not know about the Affairs or the Embezzlement preceding Janet's Murder as The Raven has been taken into the Church and attends.

I wonder, how does he explain the embezzlement, the fact he is a CONVICTED FELON, had to pay back restitution, got 6 months suspended sentence, and is on two years probation? He needed money for his Vehicles?? It's not like he PAID BILLS with it.

How does The Raven explain the fact to his Bishops that in the 7 months since his Wife and Child's MURDER, he has not contacted LE to find out about the status of Janet Marie Christiansen's and her unborn child's death?

This is all too confusing to me, and I really have my doubts on what his current Preisthood Leaders know or do not know, but I certianly hope they find out by a member of NC's Church, or through a member of his current Church.

Jess said:
So, if Raven's Bishop in NC did not know of his marital indiscretions or of his embezzlement at the time that his Utah Bishop contacted him, it is possible that Raven has been able to fly under the radar ?
Exactly! If the bishop in NC didn't know about the affairs and embezzling, then he'd have nothing to tell Raven's new bishop in Utah.

Good to see you NCBanker! Glad you are still with us. I'm wondering how much the Bishop in Utah would inquire of the Bishop in NC if raven is living with his family. The Bishop in Utah would know his family and possbily know even raven from when he lived there. Since raven isn't a stranger, would the Bishop in Utah still contact the Bishop in NC. He may think he already knows him and the situation:waitasec:

ewwwinteresting said:
Good to see you NCBanker! Glad you are still with us. I'm wondering how much the Bishop in Utah would inquire of the Bishop in NC if raven is living with his family. The Bishop in Utah would know his family and possbily know even raven from when he lived there. Since raven isn't a stranger, would the Bishop in Utah still contact the Bishop in NC. He may think he already knows him and the situation:waitasec:
I think that's a pretty good scenario and very likely what might have happened once Raven moved in with Karyn.

Jenifred said:
I think that's a pretty good scenario and very likely what might have happened once Raven moved in with Karyn.
Hmmm... Well, there is factual evidence to prove his infidelity to Janet, as well as his felony conviction for embezzlement. So, if the facts were to be presented to his bishop, what might happen then?

And who could present those facts to his bishop ? Certainly no one in his family would, or would they ? Would the bishop give any weight to those facts if they were presented by an outsider out of his jurisdiction ?

Hey guys,

Let me tell you, rest assured the Utah Bishop knows what's going on. Everyone in the neighborhood knows. It's a very tight ward.

Also, I don't know if I'm the only one here still asking this, but how are you all so sure that Raven did it? I've known him for so long growing up, it just still seems so out of his character.

Okay, Jess and Moxie since I didn't know answers off the top of my head to your questions, I asked my dad (he's a high priest and former bishop).

Moxie--since the affairs would be hard to prove physically unless either the woman involved confessed or Raven, it would be hard to get a bishop to start proceedings on that account. But since there is actual records that anyone can access on the embezzlement, Raven's bishop could start disiplinary proceedings on that. He could probably get excommunicated for emezzlement, and if the affairs could be proved he'd probably be excommunicated for that too. So, to sum it all up, if the bishop wanted to, he could start the disiplinary proceedings on Raven and even if Raven didn't show up at the proceedings, he could still be tried and given a punishment. Let's use Mark Hacking as an example, since he was in jail and since he admitted to killing his wife, he has probably been tried and excommunicated without having shown up for the court.

Jess--Who could present those facts to his bishop? Technically, I could walk into his bishop's office and show proof of his embezzlement conviction (not misdemenor) and leave it at that. His bishop would then have to decide if he was going to go ahead with the proceedings. And would the bishop have to pay mind to someone outside his jurisdiction? I would hope that he would if the person gave solid proof of what Raven had done.

Hope that helps. Anymore questions? I can always have them clarified if needs be.

reportergirl said:
Hey guys,

Let me tell you, rest assured the Utah Bishop knows what's going on. Everyone in the neighborhood knows. It's a very tight ward.

Also, I don't know if I'm the only one here still asking this, but how are you all so sure that Raven did it? I've known him for so long growing up, it just still seems so out of his character.
Sure there's that slim chance that he didn't kill his wife, but I think that Jess and Moxie are talking about the fact that he is a convicted felon and that he's broken the law of chastity (which he promised to live by when he took out his temple endowments) on more than just once.

Jenifred,

I agree with all of that, but are you sure he has taken out his endowment? They weren't married in temple, if I remember correctly, and I don't think I heard they were sealed at a later date. Did they do it while in NC?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back