GUILTY UK - James Attfield, 33, & Nahid Almanea, 31, slain, Colchester, Essex, 2014

Legally Bland

Reaction score
Another day, another child murderer. This lad was 15 when he murdered 2 people. Now 17, he's just been found guilty and named.

The identity of the schoolboy who carried out two horrific stabbings in Colchester can be revealed for the first time today after he was found guilty of double murder.

James Fairweather carried out two sickening attacks in the Essex town after becoming obsessed with the Yorkshire Ripper and 'hearing voices'.

He denied murder on the grounds of diminished responsibility but was convicted by a jury at Guildford Crown Court.

In the first killing - carried out when Fairweather was just 15 - he repeatedly stabbed disabled father-of-five James Attfield.

Mr Attfield was found fighting for his life with more than 100 wounds in the early hours of March 29 2014. He died a short time later.

Fairweather's second attack came three months later, when he killed Saudi Arabian student Nahid Almanea, 31, as she walked through a park.

She was knifed 16 times and Fairweather later admitted stabbing her in the eye after knocking off her sunglasses.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-stabbed-two-people-death.html#ixzz46YfSv51u

I know it's a bit off topic for this thread, just posting because of the subject of anonymity for convicted minors in serious cases.

Another day, another child murderer. This lad was 15 when he murdered 2 people. Now 17, he's just been found guilty and named.

I know it's a bit off topic for this thread, just posting because of the subject of anonymity for convicted minors in serious cases.

Eurghh, I live near Colchester and hadn't heard of this case, how depressing and scary! :(

Eurghh, I live near Colchester and hadn't heard of this case, how depressing and scary! :(
Yeah I'd seen that in the DM. A lady went walking her dog. Not far from where he stabbed his second victim. N he was there lurking in the bushes. She thought it was a bit odd how he was hiding and in light of the 2 already stabbed. She turned round as if to leave the park path. And phoned the police. Who already out on call arrived shortly after. As the woman finished her call to police. Another lady came walking by with her dog to which she said there was a stranger hiding suspiciously near the bridge path. Telling her she'd called police. And the woman thanked her and walked back the way she came. The police turned up and found the stranger hiding. When they eventually caught him. He was placed under arrest. And taking to help with enquiries.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie