GUILTY DE - Elaine Curd, 38, stabbed to death, Dover, 6 July 2004

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Dover slaying trial begins, Suspect faces murder charge in fatal stabbing
By Drew Volturo, Delaware State News

DOVER — Murder suspect Jeffery D. Scott was “a man of his word” when he told girlfriend Elaine Curd she was going to die July 6, 2004, a state prosecutor told a Kent County Superior Court jury Monday.

Mr. Scott, 43, of East Water Street in Dover, could face the death penalty for allegedly stabbing Ms. Curd to death last year. He has been charged with first-degree murder.

A Superior Court jury of seven women and five men heard opening statements in the Kent County Courthouse Monday.

Deputy Attorney General Dennis Kelleher painted a picture of a defenseless Ms. Curd, 38, seated on her couch with her daughter, a friend and the friend’s two young daughters during a blackout in the Capitol Green home she shared with Mr. Scott.

“He stabbed her in the head, chest, sides and back,” Mr. Kelleher said. “He continued to stab her while she fled.

“She made it outside before collapsing on the sidewalk where she bled to death. When police arrived, the defendant said, ‘I done it, I done it. I’ll do my time.’

“The defendant is a man of his word.”

More: http://www.newszap.com/articles/2005/11/28/dm/central_delaware/dsn03.txt

How horrible for everyone in that house that day. Anyone know how this trial is going?

That was my niece that man killed that night. If anyone has any word on the trial let me know. The last I heard the Jury was out and should have their decision by monday 12/12. :behindbar I Pray that he will get his just dessert.

From May 2009:

http://de.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.20090529_0000822.DE.htm/qx

The defendant was found guilty of Murder in the Second Degree, 11 Del. C. § 635, as a lesser-included offense of Murder in the First Degree; Possession of a Deadly Weapon During the Commission of a Felony, 11 Del.C. § 1447; and Endangering the Welfare of a Child, 11 Del. C. § 1102. In addition, the jury found the defendant not guilty of two counts of Assault Second, two counts of Possession of a Deadly Weapon During the Commission of a Felony, and two counts of Endangering the Welfare of a Child. The defendant was sentenced.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back