WA - John, 43, & Christale Careaga, 37, & two 16yo sons slain, Bremerton, 28 Jan 2017

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
3 people found dead inside home after fire in Washington state
Published January 29, 2017
Associated Press

BREMERTON, Wash. – Three people were found dead inside a Kitsap County home that was engulfed in flames and authorities on Saturday searched for the homeowner, who was missing along with his truck, a sheriff's spokesman said.

Authorities asked the public to be on the lookout for the homeowner, 43-year-old John Derek Careaga, and to call 911 if he shows up.

He is believed to be driving a brown 2005 Ford F-150 truck with Washington state license plates CA9383B, Wilson said.

Careaga is considered a missing person at this point in the investigation, Wilson said.

[...]

The incident began with a 911 call at 11:28 p.m. Friday with a report of violence in the home.

cont. at the link

3 found dead in suspected homicide near Lake Tahuyeh

Ed Friedrich | Kitsap Sun
Updated 4 hours ago

[...]

The people, two males and a female, were found early Saturday inside a home in the 13400 block of Tenino Drive West, according to the Sheriff's Office. They haven't been identified. Their cause of death is being determined.

A 16-year-old boy, Hunter Schaap-Jocsan, originally was considered missing and endangered. He has been accounted for, said Sheriff's Office spokesman Scott Wilson. Detectives investigating the case are also looking for a brown 2005 Ford F-150 pickup with Washington license plate C89383B.

Detectives now have determined a missing person is John Derek Careaga, the homeowner. Careaga is 43 years old, 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighs 205 pounds, and has brown eyes, a bald head and goatee, according to Wilson.

[...]

"One of the things we've got to do is account for everybody we believe was in the house," Wilson said. "We're in the process of doing that."

Family members told deputies that the pickup was missing from the property.

"We need to account for that truck," Wilson said. "We don't know who's in it, a victim, a suspect or a witness."

cont. at the link.

636212175036964843-careaga.jpg

John Derek Careaga, missing homeowner

I decided to put the thread in Crimes in the News instead of Missing Persons because at least three homicides are suspected, and it is primarily a crime story.

The reports say a large extended family lived at the house.

A 911 call came from the house on Friday night complaining of violence. The caller then hung up. When Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue arrived on the scene, they found smoke bollowing from the house, and three dead bodies inside. Cause of death is unknown, and from what I've read, it will be a while before those details are released.

3 found dead in suspected homicide near Lake Tahuyeh

Ed Friedrich | Kitsap Sun
Updated 4 hours ago

[...]

The people, two males and a female, were found early Saturday inside a home in the 13400 block of Tenino Drive West, according to the Sheriff's Office. They haven't been identified. Their cause of death is being determined.

A 16-year-old boy, Hunter Schaap-Jocsan, originally was considered missing and endangered. He has been accounted for, said Sheriff's Office spokesman Scott Wilson. Detectives investigating the case are also looking for a brown 2005 Ford F-150 pickup with Washington license plate C89383B.

Detectives now have determined a missing person is John Derek Careaga, the homeowner. Careaga is 43 years old, 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighs 205 pounds, and has brown eyes, a bald head and goatee, according to Wilson.

[...]

"One of the things we've got to do is account for everybody we believe was in the house," Wilson said. "We're in the process of doing that."

Family members told deputies that the pickup was missing from the property.

"We need to account for that truck," Wilson said. "We don't know who's in it, a victim, a suspect or a witness."

cont. at the link.

636212175036964843-careaga.jpg

John Careaga, missing homeowner

Well I hope he is found asap and able to give his version as to what happened, this is just awful.

This family rents the restaurant from us and he and his wife have owned it around 10 years. We also rent to their daughter and are very close to this family. I don't even know what to say, I have heard conflicting stories and 1 is that the Dad was beaten and family killed, house set on fire and abducted and the other just seems to be from the newspapers that he is probably a suspect (the way its worded gives me that impression). I know the female victim is his wife as heard from family members and she is the sweetest person, I'm heartbroken and not sure which is worse, he did it or he has been abducted. I just hope there is resolution quickly because between them they had like 9 kids. There are flowers all around the restaurant/coffee stand because the community really loved these people as well. If anybody finds anything or sees any info on this please post it so I can at least know how to feel. Thank you!
(just wanted to add I have been a member of these forums and have seen the amount of things the sleuths here have figured out and I never thought I would be involved with anybody who has needed to posted here but glad you guys have it posted)

Kitsap County businessman missing after 3 bodies found at Seabeck home
C3SNxwDVcAAC563.jpg

David*Zaleski*is still grappling with the news about a missing neighbor and a house fire.*

"They've been neighbors for 12 years," said*Zaleski, *advertiser censored*Seabeck*resident for 50 years.

John*Careaga, 43, and his 2005 Ford F-150 pickup truck have been missing since at least 11:30 p.m. Friday when Kitsap County Sheriff's deputies responded to a 911 call that something violent was happening inside the*Seabeck*home.

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/3-f...me-police-investigating-as-homicide/488746152

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news...rime-scene-found-burned-body-inside/97225154/

CENTRAL KITSAP — A pickup missing from the home where three people were found dead late Saturday was located Sunday with a body inside.
Since the incident on Tenino Drive near Lake Tahuyeh, detectives have been searching for homeowner John Derek Careaga, 43, and the brown 2005 Ford F-150. The truck was found burned out in a wooded area of Mason County with a body inside, said Lt. Earl Smith of the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office. The county Coroner's Office will identify the remains.

What a shame! Wonder what triggered this man to go crazy, kill the family in the home, and kill himself?

Thank goodness there weren't more children at home. Perhaps one of the older children will have an idea of what was going on between the parents.

My heart goes out to the children and family of all involved.

TooManyCats, I agree with you. I doubt he would set fire to himself and his vehicle to commit suicide. This sounds like a vicious attack on this family. I am sooooo sorry to those that lost loved ones to this act.

This family rents the restaurant from us and he and his wife have owned it around 10 years. We also rent to their daughter and are very close to this family. I don't even know what to say, I have heard conflicting stories and 1 is that the Dad was beaten and family killed, house set on fire and abducted and the other just seems to be from the newspapers that he is probably a suspect (the way its worded gives me that impression). I know the female victim is his wife as heard from family members and she is the sweetest person, I'm heartbroken and not sure which is worse, he did it or he has been abducted. I just hope there is resolution quickly because between them they had like 9 kids. There are flowers all around the restaurant/coffee stand because the community really loved these people as well. If anybody finds anything or sees any info on this please post it so I can at least know how to feel. Thank you!
(just wanted to add I have been a member of these forums and have seen the amount of things the sleuths here have figured out and I never thought I would be involved with anybody who has needed to posted here but glad you guys have it posted)
Thank you so much for your update, TooManyCats. I'm so sorry for your pain. I wonder if you've heard anything else?

I agree, why would he go through the trouble of setting fire to the truck before killing himself? Unless of course he was trying to delay ID/destroy ID of himself.

Plus reports seem to indicate that JDC has an extensive family and there has been no ID yet released as to who was in the car. It may or may not even be him.

"The truck was found burned out in a wooded area of Mason County with a body inside, said Lt. Earl Smith of the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office. The county Coroner's Office will identify the remains.

The Coroner's Office has yet to identify the three bodies found at the home, but North District School District reported one of them is Hunter Schaap, a junior at North Kitsap High School." (BBM)

Perhaps the perpetrator killed the family because s/he was known to them? RIP, Hunter :(.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news...rime-scene-found-burned-body-inside/97225154/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back