Found Deceased Germany: 6 teenagers found dead in garden house.29 January 2017

dotr

Reaction score
what on earth :(

Good lord :(

Translated by google

4249220930.jpg

As the police department told Unterfranken and the public prosecutor's office in Würzburg, the dead at the age of 18 and 19 years lay in a garden cottage on a secluded property. They had a party in the house the evening before. The criminal investigation department and the prosecutor's office have taken the investigations. The crime scene was closed on Sunday with fluttering tape.

Wood stove was in operation

The death cause was initially unclear, the dead should be obducted. Hints that would indicate a violent crime were not available on Sunday evening. In the hut there was a wood-burning stove, which was in operation during the celebration. Whether the furnace is related to the deaths, is still completely unclear, said a spokesman.

http://www.rp-online.de/panorama/deutschland/wuerzburg-sechs-junge-leute-tot-in-gartenlaube-gefunden-ursache-unklar-aid-1.6568784

Woodburning stove? I wonder if carbon monoxide fumes leaked back into the house.

Woodburning stove? I wonder if carbon monoxide fumes leaked back into the house.

Wondering the same thing..
[h=1]Wood burning stoves can be a 'silent killer', leaking deadly carbon monoxide if not properly fitted[/h]
  • Around 40 people die in a year across England and Wales from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning
  • And 4,000 more need to be treated in accident and emergency for CO poisoning

I am leaning towards the stove too. I kind of hope that was it. They would have all been asleep and not known anything. I'd prefer that to homicide/Overdosing. :rose: :rose: :rose:

They should be mandatory for insurance purposes and for landlords renting homes and then maybe most people would fit them.

If these teens died as a result of CO poisoning, then perhaps detectors may become mandatory. It often takes a tragedy to shake up the nation enough to institute a change.

It is hard not to try envisioning how this could happen, how not one of them had a better resistance or position in the house to notice everyone else passing out...ugh it is so horrible!

No matter what the cause, this is just so terribly sad. However, I would think a wood stove in a garden house might have been properly cleaned like a stove in a home would, leading to poisoning. Hopefully more details will be released soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bit off-topic but relevant to CO deaths.

1. Not speculating about laws of Germany, EU, or other countries.
In US some state laws and municipal bldg codes or occupancy ordinances require smoke detectors and CO alarms in single-fam homes, multi-fam dwellings, condos, apts, etc. Yet people here are still injured or killed by house fires and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. Safety laws may help reduce those injuries or deaths but sadly cannot necessarily compel complete compliance, e.g., ppl pull batteries out of detectors/alarms for kids to use in toys, then fires or CO can injure or kill residents w no warning.

2. Could these untimely deaths in Germany have been caused by wood burning stove? How quickly?
"Carbon monoxide is an invisible, odorless, colorless gas created when fuels (such as gasoline, wood, coal, natural gas, propane, oil, and methane) burn incompletely....
"CO poisoning can be confused with flu symptoms, food poisoning and other illnesses with symptoms including shortness of breath, nausea, dizziness, light headedness or headaches. High levels of CO can be fatal, causing death within minutes.
" bbm
In US, "Each year over 200 people die from carbon monoxide produced by fuel burning appliances in the home including furnaces, ranges, water heaters and room heaters."
^ http://www.redcross.org/images/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m4340092_FireCOFactSheet.pdf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back