Bulgaria - Lars Mittank, 28, German tourist, Varna airport, 8 July 2014

dotr

Reaction score
Foreigners And Friends
December 6, 2016
attachment.php

On June 30th, 2014, Lars Mittank, a 28-year-old from Northern Germany, jumps on a plane with a few friends, in order to spend a week in Golden Sands, a Bulgarian Black Sea resort, the name of which already sounds like paradise. Wide beaches, cool sea water, kind people. That is exactly what Lars must have wanted, when his plane touched down on the only runway at Varna Airport, after a two-hour flight. That same airport would be the location of his disappearance, only a week later. Who would expect anything like this to happen?

Lars and his friends spend some nice days at the beach. At one point, shortly before they were to fly home, he, as a “Werder Bremen” fan, gets into a brawl with a “Bayern München” fan. Both are German soccer clubs. The German youngster suffers an eardrum rupture. The one aspect, which will lead to an international missing person drama is the fact that the doctor, who treats Lars, prohibits any flights, because of his condition. The air pressure on aircraft flying above 20,000 feet is so high, it will cause a lot of pain to anyone with this kind of injury.
On July 7th, 2014, his friends board a flight back to Germany, while he stays in Varna. A taxi driver takes him to a cheap place to spend the night at. Too cheap, as it turns out. In the middle of the night, Lars calls his mother in Germany, saying he does not feel safe at the hotel he had intended to stay at. It is still dark, while Lars somehow makes it to Varna Airport. His plan: He wants to get checked by another doctor, hoping to get his permission to fly home.
What happens then, is hard to explain. At the medical practice, inside the airport, Lars obviously panics. All of a sudden, he runs out of the room, leaving back his cell phone, passport and luggage. He leaves the terminal, climbs a fence and disappears. Nobody has seen Lark Mittank since.

Lars's shoe size is 43 EU

Attachments

• larsmittank2.jpg
    larsmittank2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 876
Last edited by a moderator:
[h=1]The Mystery Disappearance of Lars Mittank - Last footage[/h]
[video=youtube;GqCokFceWTw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqCokFceWTw[/video]

Thanks again for starting the thread for Lars, dotr! :wave:

I wonder if he had an undiagnosed head injury. I just can't figure it out, can't believe he hasn't been found, but then I wonder if any formal searches were done in the area where he disappeared.

Do you think he's just living in the Bulgarian woods?? I've heard of someone doing that before. I'll try to find the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I've found about searches is on another forum, so can't post the link, stating they searched the area extensively, also using cadaver dogs, but found nothing. Have to consider it rumor as it's not MSM.

Is it possible he had been drugged, and as a result of the drugs remaining in his system, he had a latent response, or possibly withdrawal, as a result? Or, is it possible he had voluntarily taken some drugs? And if so, they triggered an already undiagnosed pre-existing condition, such as schizophrenia ? It just sounds to me like he went off the deep end what with his erratic and bizarre behavior. Not saying he was mentally ill, possibly just drugs. But I believe it's one or the other or both. It's just so sad, I wonder where he is. :(

http://www.dualdiagnosis.org/drug-addiction/psychosis/

Something sure scared him to make him run out of there like that. The walk going in as far as I could tell looked normal. Not sure how well the folks there were questioned after he left? Hard to say without knowing more but to leave his belongings and run like that, maybe just me but I get the impression someone scared him. Neesaki spoke above about him being drugged seems plausible but by who. Did he have any history at all of any drug use?
This is so sad. I pray he can be found.

Is it possible he had been drugged, and as a result of the drugs remaining in his system, he had a latent response, or possibly withdrawal, as a result? Or, is it possible he had voluntarily taken some drugs? And if so, they triggered an already undiagnosed pre-existing condition, such as schizophrenia ? It just sounds to me like he went off the deep end what with his erratic and bizarre behavior. Not saying he was mentally ill, possibly just drugs. But I believe it's one or the other or both. It's just so sad, I wonder where he is. :(

http://www.dualdiagnosis.org/drug-addiction/psychosis/

That's a good point. Could be why he thought people were after him. Maybe he was paranoid or hallucinating.

[video=youtube;GqCokFceWTw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqCokFceWTw[/video]
Ok. Notice as he walks in. He is not looking around like he is scared or fear of being followed. When he is seen running out he is not running like he was running from someone more like he forgot something in the vehicle he was dropped off from and trying to catch the vehicle?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Ok. Notice as he walks in. He is not looking around like he is scared or fear of being followed. When he is seen running out he is not running like he was running from someone more like he forgot something in the vehicle he was dropped off from and trying to catch the vehicle?

So you think he maybe ran and ran, trying to find the vehicle? And then maybe met with foul play?

Tumbling into this thread.

Did they check the hospitals or mental institutions? I sounds to me he suffered from a sudden? mental illness (psychosis?), due to partying very hard, being tired, used drugs maybe, being in a strange country alone. All maybe's of course

Maybe there was after all more damage (in his head) than strictly the ear?

Im thinking so

In this video, it states that according to people outside the airport, Lars climbed over a fence and ran off into the woods. It starts at about 8:43.

An interesting comment made by a BH 5 months ago. States she / he is Bulgarian and followed it on the news, that his mother hired private detectives, and that the Golden Sands where Lars and his friends stayed is known for drugs, including registered cases of drugs in drinks. Wish I could back this up with something from MSM, I did find a news video but it's in Bulgarian or German and I have no idea what they're saying. :/

[video=youtube;T7O6S4w2qaE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7O6S4w2qaE[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back