GUILTY TX - Carla Walker, 17, abducted, raped and strangled, Fort Worth, 17 Feb 1974 *Arrest in 2020*

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/...cle_c354a2f6-40be-5fd6-8fb6-e76eb9ede3cd.html

Walker, 17, was abducted on the night of Feb. 17, 1974, outside a west side Fort Worth bowling alley. She was dragged from the front seat of her boyfriend’s car by an unknown adult male, who hit the boyfriend over the head with a pistol, knocking him cold.

When the boyfriend awoke, Walker was gone. He drove several blocks to Walker’s home to report the abduction. Walker’s body was found three days later in a culvert near Benbrook Lake. She had been raped and strangled.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Cold-Case-Who-Tortured-Raped-and-Killed-Carla-Walker-411934995.html

Carla Walker was just 17 years old when she was abducted, held captive and eventually murdered. It happened back in 1974 and to this day there have been no arrests...

Police say she was beaten, raped and strangled, tortured alive for two days after her disappearance. Then there was a puzzling discovery. The medical examiner ruled that the killer injected her with morphine.

"In 1974, that was not a drug an addict would use. I don't think I ever even heard of morphine," said Stone...

DNA evidence collected from the crime scene turned up nothing. Stone believes much of it was tainted.

this is very sad , I really wish they would look at Franklin Floyd on this , there's the whole bowling alley connection and he was in the area at the time, I have a friend that's a very close friend of her brother Steve it still haunts him to the very core, I believe he is the only family member left and he is blind , so I know he could really use help on this case!

back to looking at Floyd ??? maybe he not one to approach a man as far as I know though. Ft worth was a scary place in the 70's and 80 s!

back to looking at Floyd ??? maybe he not one to approach a man as far as I know though. Ft worth was a scary place in the 70's and 80 s!

There were several well documented serial rapist/killers operating in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area at the time. The individual whose modus operendi and other circumstantial evidence
would point to would be Mike DeBardeleben. He lived a short drive from the Western Hills High School area and was familiar with Lake Benbrook.

There is a discussion of his activities and some other details that can be found in this thread
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...isa-Wilson-14-Fort-Worth-23-Dec-1974-1/page30

Unfortunately he died in 2011 and was cremated. But possibly DNA samples could be collected from his family members to see if there is a match to evidence found in the Carla Walker case.

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-03-29/news/mn-1188_1_crime-stoppers/8

From LA Times, published in 1987.

http://archive.fwweekly.com/content.asp?article=3219
http://archive.fwweekly.com/content.asp?article=3220

from Ft. Worth Weekly, 2002 publication.

On the matter of Wilhoit, the Ft. Worth PD tested some material from the Walker case and there was no DNA match.
What's the source of the information on the lack of a DNA match? The 2002 article indicates that testing hadn't been done at that time.

With all due respect, the introductory statement is inaccurate. It's so discouraging that cold cases are more of an internet hobby than ever before - especially to the desparately seeking...

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying. The internet is great at enabling one to find weird coincidences galore between cold cases. Given enough cases, one can find a pattern to the coincidences and make a narrative that makes sense--a theory. This ability mostly didn't exist when these crimes were looked at carefully by law enforcement, shortly after they happened--there was nothing like the internet then.The thing is, the only way to really be fairly sure that a pattern of coincidences is not just a coincidental pattern of coincidences is to notice so many coincidences fitting the pattern that it would be truly extraordinary for most of the coincidences to be merely random. Ten pages of coincidences might not be very convincing, whereas twenty may well be (to a person of typical reasonableness). Communicating the pattern orally to law enforcement tends to be counterproductive and useless, because they don't care enough to listen for twenty pages, and they probably won't be able to follow and remember them all, and they probably will just disallow all further communication before you've finished. The ideal thing would be for law enforcement to expect long (say) hundred-page treatises full of coincidences as being what they should most take seriously. Long treatises full of coincidences would be much easier to judge efficiently and yes quickly because law enforcement could choose pages at random and see whether there are convincing coincidences there that fit the pattern and don't appear elsewhere, to give a quick idea of how much time to spend studying the treatise. But FBI on its online form gives 3000 characters to explain what is going on, and it may well be nearly impossible to list enough coincidences to be convincing in so few words. So, the concerned enlightened internet sleuther can try emailing local law enforcement, but most law enforcement doesn't have email, and email is such that one bad crazy person can email a thousand police departments with stupid wordy deceptive theories, making it so they probably don't have time to pay much attention to their email inboxes. In my opinion this basically makes it wrong to email law enforcement more often than (about) the number of hundreds of hours one has spent devising and elaborating the theory (I'm probably two or three times more conservative than that). Ideally law enforcement needs to keep a national record of how often individuals email a part of law enforcement with their theories, to weed out nuisance people, compare that with how much effort seems to have been expended by the emailer, and then use that along with how much of an emergency the situation be to inform how seriously to consider what is being said.

The really tragic thing is that (MOO), at least initially, there is mostly only one plausible reason for a group of murders to contain a large number of bizarre coincidences that fit a pattern: the murderer is trying to convince someone else that some sort of mummery justifies the killing. So in these cases, you've got the murderer, you've got the murdered, and you've got at least one onlooker or assistant that the main murderer is trying to impress via mummery that the killing serves some purpose (who may become a killer himself). Bizarre coincidences scream conspiracy. So the very kind of cases that it is most useful to be secretive about in public (if you tip off one person in the conspiracy, the whole pack of vermin will take care and scurry away while disposing of incriminating evidence if they don't decide to kill you) are the very cases where you basically can't convince anybody to pay attention unless you talk about them in public. The only thing is to make do, making various compromises along the way.

The introductory statement appears to be accurate. What do you find to be inaccurate?
This, for one thing: "Carla's boyfriend was beaten with a Ruger 22 rifle, suffering blows to the skull, following a single firing of the gun when the clip fell out."

Sorry, I was frustrated with someone - different case. Didn't realize how rude I came across. If you are who I think you are; I'm who e-mailed you RE: Wilhoit's family bible and other documents. If not - never mind.

This, for one thing: "Carla's boyfriend was beaten with a Ruger 22 rifle, suffering blows to the skull, following a single firing of the gun when the clip fell out."

Sorry, I was frustrated with someone - different case. Didn't realize how rude I came across. If you are who I think you are; I'm who e-mailed you RE: Wilhoit's family bible and other documents. If not - never mind.

My brain somehow omitted the details "rifle" and "shot being fired." That's definitely inaccurate, yeah.

I am who you emailed the Bible pages to. I hope you're doing well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back