NY NY - Crystal Glasper, 18, Rotterdam, 26 Dec 2004

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Man named as suspect year after body discovered under porch

ROTTERDAM, N.Y. (AP) _ Nearly a year after a woman's body was found rotting under a porch, the owner of the home on Tuesday was named as a suspect in her slaying.

Police will present evidence against Dwayne Wilson, 45, of Rotterdam, next week in the killing of Crystal Glasper, of Mineola, said Rotterdam police Lt. Bill Manikas.

Wilson on Tuesday also was sentenced to 14 to 28 years in state prison on unrelated drug charges and is being held in Schenectady County Jail.

The investigation into Glasper's death began Dec. 26 last year when the body of a missing girl was discovered under Wilson's home. At the time, police did not name Wilson as a suspect because they could not identify the body or tie it to Wilson, Manikas said.

"Several people had lived in that house, and we couldn't arrest him just because he lived there," Manikas said.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newyork/ny-bc-ny--suspectnamed1129nov29,0,1079928.story?coll=ny-region-apnewyork

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/st...y=REGIONOTHER&BCCode=HOME&newsdate=11/29/2005

Authorities believe the young woman -- identified as Crystal Glasper, 18, of Mineola, Nassau County -- got mixed up in the wrong crowd, possibly becoming a drug runner for a man who was sentenced today in Schenectady County Court for drug dealing.

Glasper had been reported missing by her family in January 2002. She was shot in the head somewhere in the city of Schenectady, wrapped in garbage bags and stuffed under the Rotterdam porch in summer 2004. Her body was found at the Cedarlawn Avenue home on Dec. 26, 2004.

112905Glasper_TN.jpg

112905Glasper_TN.jpg
uf22.jpg

While doing some searches, for other missing people, I came across this composite that was created to try to identify the Jane Doe, who turned out to be Crystal Glasper. I'm posting it to illustrate how close reconstructions can be... yet so different at the same time.

I found this active case at http://www.nymissing.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=55
I have sent an email to let them know that an identification has been made.

My sympathies to the Glasper family
frown.gif

Thanks for posting the reconstruction. They had the eyes right and her coloring, but the nose was wrong and the lips way off. I think the mouth was shown open because they wanted to show her teeth.

Cypros said:
Thanks for posting the reconstruction. They had the eyes right and her coloring, but the nose was wrong and the lips way off. I think the mouth was shown open because they wanted to show her teeth.

I think that's so great when they show the teeth. That's the one thing they know for sure -

To me, the thing that's wrong with this composite is the expression on the face. And that, you can't know if you're dealing with remains - what the expression looked like.

Kudos to them, though, for showing the teeth!

April 2010:

The two named suspects in a 6-year-old unsolved Rotterdam killing are seeking reduced sentences on related drug convictions, officials said Monday.

Shawn DeLayo, 31, and Dwayne Wilson, 50, are each serving lengthy drug-related sentences, DeLayo 13 to 24 years and Wilson 14 to 28 years...

However, both Wilson and DeLayo were officially named last year as the only suspects in the death of Crystal Glasper, whose body was found stuffed under a Rotterdam porch in 2004.

Prosecutors are using the suspects’ connection to Glasper to bolster their arguments that DeLayo and Wilson’s sentences should not be reduced.

Prosecutors have said in court papers that DeLayo led them to the girl’s identity and the location of her killing in Schenectady. He also blamed the killing on Wilson alone. The investigation, however, suggested DeLayo had a role.

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2010/apr/12/suspects_0412/?print

April 2011:

A drug dealer who the district attorney's office said reneged on a promise to cooperate in the investigation into the 2004 murder of a teenage runaway has dropped his request for resentencing on an unrelated drug offense because the prosecutor could have questioned him on the unsolved homicide, according to attorneys involved in the case...

investigators determined that Shawn Delayo's account of Crystal Glasper's killing didn't add up, even though he gave a lengthy statement to investigators implicating his buddy DeWayne Wilson as the triggerman. The pair were dealing narcotics together and it appears that Glasper, a runaway from Long Island, worked as drug mule before she was shot in the head in Schenectady.

Her body was rolled in garbage bags, taken to Rotterdam and discarded beneath the porch of a Cedarlawn Avenue home, where police made the grisly discovery on Dec. 26, 2004.

Glasper, who was from Great Neck on Long Island, wasn't identified until November 2005, during a sentencing hearing for Wilson, 46. Wilson had been convicted of two counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell, stemming from a drug raid at the Cedarlawn address. Wilson, originally from the Bronx, drew the maximum sentence, 28 years in state prison. At the time, Wilson was identified as a prime murder suspect.

http://m.timesunion.com/local/article/Homicide-case-spurs-a-change-of-heart-1334472.php

The decision to drop the petition also came, prosecutor Gerald Dwyer said, after Dwyer indicated that if Delayo took the stand at a hearing on the issue, Dwyer would ask him about the unsolved killing. Delayo would have either had to answer the questions, or plead the Fifth Amendment. If he pleaded the Fifth, none of this testimony would have been admissible, Dwyer said...

DeLayo had once looked at a sentence of only two to six years after cutting a deal with prosecutors to testify against another man in Glasper’s killing. But prosecutors and police discovered that Delayo was only partially truthful.

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2011/apr/12/suspect_0412/?print

Oh, and Dwayne Wilson has already been released. I can't find pictures of Wilson or Delayo. But be warned, if either of these men asks you to run drugs for them, just say no!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back