Identified! KY - Shelby Co., Human skull found by dogs, Feb'17 - Timothy Stites

The place where the bones were found are pretty close to both railroads, a truck-stop and I-64. Actually, the truck stop isn't in Waddy proper, but at the Waddy/Peytona exit (KY-395).

I don't know exactly where the farm is, but this map's marker is for the intersection of Hickory Ridge Rd and King's Highway. Google Maps calls Hickory Ridge Rd Grafenburg Rd.

Have the removed remains been identified as male or female yet?
The place where the bones were found are pretty close to both railroads, a truck-stop and I-64. Actually, the truck stop isn't in Waddy proper, but at the Waddy/Peytona exit (KY-395).

I don't know exactly where the farm is, but this map's marker is for the intersection of Hickory Ridge Rd and King's Highway. Google Maps calls Hickory Ridge Rd Grafenburg Rd.

http://www.wlky.com/article/more-remains-found-days-after-skull-discovered-in-shelby-county/8674427

Late Thursday night, cadaver dogs responded to a small area and Friday searchers found more remains there.

"We do think there is some items, or some remains that we found that help us in narrowing down the search as to missing person’s reports,” Shelby County Sheriff Mike Armstrong said.

There's a pic of a skull here; not sure it's the actual one found but I'm guessing it is:

http://www.wdrb.com/story/34421128/...ing-on-suspected-human-remains-found-in-waddy

RAW VIDEO | Shelby Co. Sheriff says more suspected human remains found in Waddy, Ky.
Fox-41 (WDRB)
Louisville, KY
2/3/2017
"We have what we believe found additional human remains," he said. "We've also found...a lot of animal remains, but we do believe that we have located more human remains. I'm not going into detail into exactly what we found, but we do think there are some items -- or some remains that we have found -- that may help us in narrowing the down the search, as to missing persons reports. Things like that. Some things like that have probably come to us today that may help us in that."
"We have not found any type of shallow grave," he said. "At this point, everything we've found seems to appear to have been on top of the ground -- somewhat similar in nature as to the skull that was found."

I saw a story on another Louisville station's website (forgot which one) that said something similar to the second quote, but they sounded more firm. Like, "these remains weren't buried" rather than "we didn't find a grave."

This doesn't help much in terms of coming up with an ID, but the farm sounds to be in the little "upside-down Hershey's Kiss" shaped area between Kings Highway (KY-2867), Hickory Ridge and/or Grafenburg Rd (KY-1472) and the railroad tracks. On any online maps, it's easier to make out what the area on the aerial/satellite view. KY-1472 runs along the county line, so anything east/right of it is technically in Anderson County rather than Shelby County.

It's hilly around there. It's kind of hard to make out, even on the topo/terrain views, but I know that Ditto Rd (a few miles south of the area) and Scott Pike (a few miles west) have some very steep hills.

Shelby Co Skull Area.JPG

Official Shelby County KY county map (12/2016). The area in question is in east/central Shelby Co, on the right side a little below I-64.

Attachments

• KY Shelby Co (KY-c) 12-2016.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
This case is from Shelbyville, just west of the area where this skull was found:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20892/

His mother apparently re-reported him missing in August 2012.

Someone with photoshop talent should try to stack the skull image together with any possible matches.

A cause of death has not been determined, and there is no evidence of any "an trauma at all." They added that, right now, the case is considered a death investigation, although it could change to a criminal investigation when additional information is discovered.

The identification was made after the remains were sent to both the University of Tennessee and the University of Northern Texas.

The "any trauma at all" phrase that they used sounds very strange. It would be different if they said "no signs of foul play" or something like that.

Foul play or not, how does a 29-year old wind up dead out in the middle of nowhere over 1000 miles from where he was last seen without "trauma" of some kind being involved?

Most articles say that he traveled for work and was in Louisville close to the time he went missing. Has anybody seen what kind of work he was involved in?

The business trip to Louisville doesn't sound strange at all. But it would be real complicated for someone that wasn't from the actual area where was found to get there. And I'm talking about people from rural SE Shelby County. I doubt many native Louisvillians would be able to find it easily.

The "any trauma at all" phrase that they used sounds very strange. It would be different if they said "no signs of foul play" or something like that.

Foul play or not, how does a 29-year old wind up dead out in the middle of nowhere over 1000 miles from where he was last seen without "trauma" of some kind being involved?

Most articles say that he traveled for work and was in Louisville close to the time he went missing. Has anybody seen what kind of work he was involved in?

The business trip to Louisville doesn't sound strange at all. But it would be real complicated for someone that wasn't from the actual area where was found to get there. And I'm talking about people from rural SE Shelby County. I doubt many native Louisvillians would be able to find it easily.
Could he have been with someone and overdosed. That would not show any physical trauma .

Or sudden illness. I knew a guy who died just like *that* of a heart attack in his late twenties, so yes, it does happen.

The location of his remains makes illness or overdose pretty questionable in my eyes. Had he been found near Louisville, where he was when last heard from, that would be different.

He wasn't found very close to any main road or I-64 exit no matter how it may appear on a map. Maybe I should have said "accessible" instead of "closer." "As the crow flies" only counts for people with wings (angels?) in this case. You'd have to make multiple turns onto a few different back-roads to get to where he was found.
I used to take pride in making a trip from my hometown to Louisville take at least 4-5 hours (when it should take about 45 minutes). This is one of the roads I'd occasionally go down on one of those trips.

Something that "could" seem possible, if you're grasping for straws, would be him hitching a ride on a train. He could have fallen/jumped off the train and injured himself badly and crawled away until he succumbed to his injuries. That might make sense in someone else's case (and still be unlikely).
Why would somebody far from home on a business trip suddenly decide to jump onto a train, hold on for 40 miles and then jump/fall off in the middle of nowhere?

The location of his remains makes illness or overdose pretty questionable in my eyes. Had he been found near Louisville, where he was when last heard from, that would be different.

He wasn't found very close to any main road or I-64 exit no matter how it may appear on a map. Maybe I should have said "accessible" instead of "closer." "As the crow flies" only counts for people with wings (angels?) in this case. You'd have to make multiple turns onto a few different back-roads to get to where he was found.
I used to take pride in making a trip from my hometown to Louisville take at least 4-5 hours (when it should take about 45 minutes). This is one of the roads I'd occasionally go down on one of those trips.

Something that "could" seem possible, if you're grasping for straws, would be him hitching a ride on a train. He could have fallen/jumped off the train and injured himself badly and crawled away until he succumbed to his injuries. That might make sense in someone else's case (and still be unlikely).
Why would somebody far from home on a business trip suddenly decide to jump onto a train, hold on for 40 miles and then jump/fall off in the middle of nowhere?
That is a good thought too but they mention no trauma injuries? Well the train thing would work I guess if he had internal injuries no?
So that was my thought about an overdose. Like he was with people and he overdosed and they panic and don't want to get in trouble for it so they find a hidden place they know he will never be found and dump him.

They only found his skull, right? If so, then it is also a big possibility that he died somewhere else and was scattered by animals, bringing his skull to the remote place were he was eventually found.

So it seems like his being in KY wasn’t work related?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back