Boy avoiding girl's parents, ties bed sheets together, falls from window

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A spur of the moment decision cost a 16-year-old boy his life after he decided to try to lower himself out of a high-rise apartment with bedsheets to avoid get caught in the home by a female friend's parents.

The boy plunged to his death from a 15th-floor apartment in the city's east end Saturday night.

The boy - who is not being identified by police - didn't want to get in trouble for visiting a girl while her parents weren't home.

"They weren't doing anything wrong. There was no illegal activity, no drugs, no alcohol. They were just hanging out," said Toronto police Det. Steve Peconi.

Investigators say the girl's parents arrived home around 7:30 p.m. Saturday and found the door deadbolted.

"I knew my daughter was in here. I was banging the door, yelling and screaming and no one is opening the door. So I went and called the super," said the girl's mother in an interview on Sunday.

When the superintendent couldn't open the door, the mother phoned the police.

The woman said she has talked to her daughter about the incident, but declined to speak about it any further and refused to give her name.

Police say while the girl's parents were knocking on the door of their apartment, the boy and another friend tied bedsheets together and started to make their way out a bedroom window.

Within moments, one boy plummeted to the ground. The other was unharmed.

"They are good kids from good families. They just made a very bad choice," said Peconi, calling the incident a "true tragedy," as his voice broke.

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/1128teen-fatalfall28-ON.html

Casshew said:
A spur of the moment decision cost a 16-year-old boy his life after he decided to try to lower himself out of a high-rise apartment with bedsheets to avoid get caught in the home by a female friend's parents.

The boy plunged to his death from a 15th-floor apartment in the city's east end Saturday night.

The boy - who is not being identified by police - didn't want to get in trouble for visiting a girl while her parents weren't home.

"They weren't doing anything wrong. There was no illegal activity, no drugs, no alcohol. They were just hanging out," said Toronto police Det. Steve Peconi.

Investigators say the girl's parents arrived home around 7:30 p.m. Saturday and found the door deadbolted.

"I knew my daughter was in here. I was banging the door, yelling and screaming and no one is opening the door. So I went and called the super," said the girl's mother in an interview on Sunday.

When the superintendent couldn't open the door, the mother phoned the police.

The woman said she has talked to her daughter about the incident, but declined to speak about it any further and refused to give her name.

Police say while the girl's parents were knocking on the door of their apartment, the boy and another friend tied bedsheets together and started to make their way out a bedroom window.

Within moments, one boy plummeted to the ground. The other was unharmed.

"They are good kids from good families. They just made a very bad choice," said Peconi, calling the incident a "true tragedy," as his voice broke.

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/1128teen-fatalfall28-ON.html
Hi Cass! I saw the father of the boy who died on the news re: this story..so sad..what a tragic loss that truly wasn't called for. I can imagine them getting grounded or other relevant consequences for breaking the rules of company over when noone was home but to attempt to leave a 15 story building with just bed sheets- wonder how utterly strict they were?!:confused:

Such a waste, Mimi :(

I suspect he saw too many movies - the sheet thing always works in the movies :doh:

Casshew said:
Such a waste, Mimi :(

I suspect he saw too many movies - the sheet thing always works in the movies :doh:
Yeah good point and at 16 you are invicible right? Or so they think:banghead:- so sad!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back