Who Stole Tom Brady's Jersey?

margarita25

Reaction score
So who stole Tom Brady’s jersey?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/06/so-who-stole-tom-bradys-jersey/

"Tom Brady’s Super Bowl LI jersey went missing after Sunday’s win over the Falcons. So who stole it?"

Watch Tom Brady's panicked reaction when he suspects his jersey is stolen after Super Bowl LI
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/watch-...-is-stolen-after-super-bowl-li-055024061.html

attachment.php

Getty Images

Tom Brady suspects Super Bowl jersey was stolen after game
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...uper-bowl-2017-new-england-patriots/97537992/

"HOUSTON –Tom Brady suspected that his Super Bowl game-winning jersey was stolen from the New England Patriots locker room in the aftermath of the team's remarkable victory over the Atlanta Falcons inSuper Bowl LI on Sunday.

Brady looked flustered as he searched his locker area at NRG Stadium but was unable to locate the game-worn jersey that he donned in leading the Patriots to a 34-28 overtime victory.

“It was right here. I know exactly where I put it,” Brady said as he called the security staff and team equipment managers to assist in the search."

Tom Brady on Missing Super Bowl Jersey: If It Shows Up on eBay 'Let Me Know'
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/tom-brady-missing-super-bowl-jersey-shows-ebay/story?id=45299006

"Boston station FOX25 reported Monday morning that the Patriots said Brady's jersey and pads were taken off the field before the trophy ceremony Sunday night so it appears the jersey disappeared at some point after that. This clarified an earlier Fox25 report that a team equipment manager had locked the jersey up."

Snip

""It's unfortunate, because that's a nice piece of memorabilia," Brady said. "Those are pretty special ones to keep ... What can you do. I'll take the ring and that's good enough for me.""

Tom Brady's game jersey disappears after Super Bowl win
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/02/06/tom-bradys-game-jersey-disappears-after-super-bowl-win.html

"After searching through his bags without any luck, Brady told owner Robert Kraft that "someone stole my game jersey." Kraft told Brady: "You better look online." A camera captured a frustrated Brady in the locker room."

Attachments

• 633957582-e1486396734995.jpg
    633957582-e1486396734995.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 197
( Alright I confess, it was me. I took it so I could bathe in it....:heartbeat: )

I think Gisele got it to make sure nobody washed Brady's BO from it. Could you imagine paying top dollar for that jersey and get it home and it smells like laundry soap? Or worse fabric softener. LOL

jmo's

I think Gisele got it to make sure nobody washed Brady's BO from it. Could you imagine paying top dollar for that jersey and get it home and it smells like laundry soap? Or worse fabric softener. LOL

jmo's

I read earlier there actually was a prior jersey scandal in a past Super Bowl where the original was allegedly replaced...let me see if I can find it again...

Wow, the Texas Rangers have been called in...

Texas Rangers called in to find Tom Brady’s stolen jersey
http://nypost.com/2017/02/06/tom-bradys-jersey-is-still-stolen-and-worth-500k/

"The theft grabbed attention of Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, who on Monday called on the Texas Rangers to help Houston police investigate.

“In Texas we place a very high value on hospitality and football,” Patrick said in a statement.

“Tom Brady’s jersey has great historical value and is already being called ‘the most valuable NFL collectable ever.’ It will likely go into the Hall of Fame one day. It is important that history does not record that it was stolen in Texas.”

He urged the perp to give back Brady’s threads.

“I’m a Texans and Cowboys fan first, but the unquestionable success of the Super Bowl in Houston last night was a big win for our entire state, and I don’t want anything to mar that victory,” Patrick added. “Whoever took this jersey should turn it in. The Texas Rangers are on the trail (added by me: AND SO IS MARGARITA.)”"

:websleuther:

I remember when Tom Petty's guitar got stolen...it turned out to be an inside job.

So back to TB:

"Even in the chaos of a Super Bowl victory, access to NFL locker rooms is pretty tightly limited to players, team personnel, media and perhaps a small group of friends, family and agents."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/super-bowl-tom-bradys-jersey-stolen-locker-room-report-972330

Also from the above link:

"Brady was said to be looking flustered as he realized the jersey was missing. “It was right here. I know exactly where I put it,” he said as security and team staff looked for it.

Backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo recruited other players to help in the search. The jersey was not found."

In the video when TB first tells what appears staff that its missing, the immediate response was that they could put security at the door and check everyone. Tom said no...I wish they would have...

I did notice in the footage who had big back packs...

Well whoever took it can't exactly put it on Ebay right now unless they are tooootally stupid, which is entirely possible....I anticipate they'll either hold on to it, or try to sell it to a private collector, black market, etc.

With all the people taking pics, I'm optimistic there's a good chance they'll develop some leads. Or find something via surveillance in the stadium (who entered/exited locker room) etc. IMO this is highly solvable case. :)

Eta: imo this could have been done to only for the money, but perhaps jealousy, spite....not everyone loves TB and the Patriots if you know what I mean.

I think this is the locker room? (I'm taking a break from the heavy threads for just a little bit, this is a nice light thread lol)

attachment.php

http://ifollosports.com/nfl/look-houstons-reliant-stadium-photos

attachment.php

Eta: TB if I find your jersey, can I at least get a kiss on the cheek (since you're married to Gisele and all...)

Eta: I found some videos on YouTube showing the Locker Room celebration but having trouble posting. TB is in his suit by then. I'm sure there are other videos out there. I don't want it to become like the Boston Marathon, though, circling people like Where's Waldo and the whole Reddit fiasco....

Eta: oh well, I tried Tom, but it seems everybody here is busy finding missing persons and violent offenders!! :wink: I'll keep an eye out though! Good luck. :)

Attachments

• Reliant 7.jpg
    Reliant 7.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 020617-brady-jeresey-primary-1.jpg
    020617-brady-jeresey-primary-1.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 126
  • usmnt-locker-room-nrg-stadium-copa-centenario-soccer-june-2016.jpg
    usmnt-locker-room-nrg-stadium-copa-centenario-soccer-june-2016.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 17
Tom Brady's missing Super Bowl jersey sparks investigation
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...missing-super-bowl-2017-new-england/97567726/

"The hunt for Tom Brady’s missing No. 12 Super Bowl LI jersey officially became a law enforcement matter on Monday.

Houston police said on Twitter that its major offender division is working with NFL Security along with other state and local agencies “to investigate theft” of the jersey, which hasn't been seen since Brady removed it minutes after he led the Patriots to Sunday’s historic overtime victory over the Atlanta Falcons.

"We have been looking into this disappointing matter and will continue to assist law enforcement authorities,” NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy said in an email to USA TODAY Sports."

Qmfr:

I read earlier there actually was a prior jersey scandal in a past Super Bowl where the original was allegedly replaced...let me see if I can find it again...

Found it:

"While there’s a chance (slim) that it was merely misplaced and not swiped, it’s far more likely that*someone deliberately got his or her hands on the jersey for the purposes of selling it at a profit — and that Brady possibly noticed it was gone before the real jersey could be replaced in Brady’s bag with a copy.

That’s one of the allegations made in a still-pending lawsuit regarding memorabilia irregularities involving the Giants. Specifically, it’s been claimed that Hall of Fame defensive end Michael Strahan’s jersey from Super Bowl XLII was*taken and replaced*with a replica that was made to look like it actually had been worn by Strahan in the game.

As explained last year, the market for game-worn memorabilia has*grown dramatically in recent years. Maintaining the chain of custody becomes critical. Regarding Brady’s Super Bowl LI jersey, the chain has been permanently broken; if/when it ever resurfaces,*there’s a chance it’s not the real one.

There’s also a chance that whoever buys the real one won’t know for certain that it really is the real one. So, basically, buyer beware."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/06/so-who-stole-tom-bradys-jersey/

O/T, I also came across an article where a signed JJ Watt jersey was stolen before a charity auction.

Saw this on CNN this morning..the jersey was located. The FBI, working with Mexican authorities, were able to find the jersey, valued at $500,000. I'm so glad, because I'm sure Tom can use the money. Yes, I'm being snarky, maybe because I'm not a Patriots fan, and maybe because reading about all these lost people, especially children, on these forums has really saddened me..Who gives a poop about Tom's jersey..using FBI resources to find it..seriously..ok, I'm off my rant..but really!!

This guy's career is over,he will never get into another locker room again.They should check if he has a storage facility or safety deposit box hiding anything else.

How Tom Brady's Super Bowl jersey was found -- the inside story
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...nd-patriots-super-bowl-jersey-was-found-story

"The media's videos, including those from Fox Sports, are how authorities eventually pieced together the case of the missing jersey. There were no security cameras inside the Patriots' auxiliary locker room, but there was footage available from multiple media outlets in and around the area that assisted. The Houston Police Department, with help from other agencies, requested support from outlets that may have had video before, during or after the theft.

The HPD pored over hours of footage, according to chief Art Acevedo. With the help of a game-changing tip and tireless work from NFL security, Patriots security, the FBI and an assistant U.S. attorney, they found something. There was a man outside the United States with the Tom Brady jersey and more. His name was Martin Mauricio Ortega, a source told ESPN, a former Diario La Prensa executive who recently resigned from his position at the Spanish-language newspaper and who had obtained access to the locker room -- and the jersey -- with a media credential for what was believed to be the third straight year."

Continted below due to copyright TOS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50
Back