DE - Daniel Schlor, 9, stabbed to death, Elsmere, Nov 2005

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
wpvi_byline.gif

Brandywine Springs, Delaware Nov. 29, 2005 - New Castle County police say a 15-year-old Florida youth was arrested today and charged with killing his 9-year-old cousin.

Police say the Daniel Schlor's mother called police to the home in Elsmere around 8:15 a-m after she found the boy dead when she went to wake him up for school. He had suffered stab wounds to the upper body and a large kitchen knife was found near the body. Investigators learned that the boy was last seen in the basement with his 15-year-old cousin, Christopher Wallace, who was not at the home when officers arrived.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=local&id=3677601

:(

Sad---so very sad.

love & prayers,

Ariel

I cannot imagine finding my child like that! That poor boy. My heart goes out to his mother and the parents of the cousin.

The neighbors heard screaming at 3am and didn't call the police...:eek:

So sad. I just don't understand this story, though.

This teenager and this boy were last seen awake. In the basement. Then, next thing anyone knows, this boy was dead of stabwounds in his bed on a school night.

This is the crux for me. This is why I get so irritable and exhausted with sleepovers. Because I don't go to sleep while teenagers and kids are running around the house. How could a neighbor hear a scream, and adults in the house not know something was going on?

This makes me crazy. I never imagine anyone is being stabbed to death, but I imagine some kids are awake all night, or sneaking out and walking the streets, or lighting firecrackers . . . and so, an adult in the house stays up until all the kids are asleep in the house. I'm exhausted and cranky and don't want to stay up until 4 a.m., but if you have kids running around in the house, you do stay up.

Christopher J. Wallace

Bench Trial - Guilty but Mentally Ill
Sentence Date: 01/29/2007

Offense: 1st Degree Murder
Sentence: LWOP

Offense: Possesson of a Deadly Weapon During the Commission of a Felony
Sentence: 5 years

08/01/2008 - Judgment and sentence affirmed by appeals court.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back