For Interest let us analyze this case another method.

SnootyVixen

Former Member
Reaction score
The forum appear to be dyeing. I think for fun we could try analyze this case from different angles maybe. Start from beginning...look at it as she is not guilty...look at it as we know things to be.

First I can start with something that puzzle me. Can we talk about all the mothers only who kill the child and make viscious and bloody and oh so painful as Darlie case? When we do are they psychos or what? How many are normal people? I think about this lots but don't know enough to really know anything. Just would like some discuss.

I will start with mother who cut off her baby two arms with a knife from the kitchen. This happen in America so all should know about it. here she is psycho I think and she call the police and say she do it. Now how many like this?

I remember another. Mother very religionous stab and kill two children. I think sitting on steps with bvloody knife and body of child beside her when husband come home. Say she did it. Now they say she psycho. Never before seem psycho.
And I think was different mother who killed children with rocks. She psycho also.

SnootyVixen said:
The forum appear to be dyeing. I think for fun we could try analyze this case from different angles maybe. Start from beginning...look at it as she is not guilty...look at it as we know things to be.

First I can start with something that puzzle me. Can we talk about all the mothers only who kill the child and make viscious and bloody and oh so painful as Darlie case? When we do are they psychos or what? How many are normal people? I think about this lots but don't know enough to really know anything. Just would like some discuss.

I will start with mother who cut off her baby two arms with a knife from the kitchen. This happen in America so all should know about it. here she is psycho I think and she call the police and say she do it. Now how many like this?

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19396&highlight=schlosser

here's a link to the case referenced. I'll see what else I can come up with out other cases.

SnootyVixen said:
I remember another. Mother very religionous stab and kill two children. I think sitting on steps with bvloody knife and body of child beside her when husband come home. Say she did it. Now they say she psycho. Never before seem psycho.
And I think was different mother who killed children with rocks. She psycho also.

Murder by stoning link:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6301&highlight=laney

Interesting article on Parents Who Kill

The problem with the "illness" theory is that it only goes partway toward explaining why women kill their babies. Illness may explain how some women eventually snap and behave violently. But it doesn't begin to explain why they direct this madness so disproportionately toward their own offspring. Even taking into account that some small fraction of the mental illnesses associated with maternal filicide—most notably postpartum depression—are triggered by the births themselves, the illness theory doesn't explain why mothers suffering from other mental illnesses, or who aren't ill at all, act out with their own children rather than strangers.

http://www.slate.com/id/2063086/

Desilu said:
Interesting article on Parents Who Kill

The problem with the "illness" theory is that it only goes partway toward explaining why women kill their babies. Illness may explain how some women eventually snap and behave violently. But it doesn't begin to explain why they direct this madness so disproportionately toward their own offspring. Even taking into account that some small fraction of the mental illnesses associated with maternal filicide—most notably postpartum depression—are triggered by the births themselves, the illness theory doesn't explain why mothers suffering from other mental illnesses, or who aren't ill at all, act out with their own children rather than strangers.

http://www.slate.com/id/2063086/
Some mothers are psychotic when they kill their children, like Yates, Laney, and the woman who cut the baby's arms off. But there are many other mothers who kill their young who are not psychotic. They are either angry, tired of the burden, want to get even with the father, or see the children as an obstacle preventing them from getting something else they want. I think that most "maternal filicide" is done for more traditional motives as described above rather than insanity.

Why do they target their own children? My guess is that the kids are such a huge part of their lives, it seems almost natural for a psychotic to focus on what is near and close at hand, esp since religion often plays into it. For those who are not insane, the motives pretty much spell out why they target the kids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back