806 users online (239 members and 567 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 189
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    4,062
    The worst part to me Safeguard is that people DO buy his book, they DO read it and they DO believe it! I only read the portions that Amazon had on preview lol and then excerpts here and there, that was more than enough to know it was mostly BS. His misrepresentation of the truth is ridiculous.

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,590
    I know Missy. It boggles my mind! I couldn't believe that Webslueths, would promote an event, ( Crimecon)), that glorified a criminal, (That's not what we're about right?) and spread false information!
    I can't wait for the day, when all is said and done in this case... Justice long over due... but better than never, I suppose.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,642
    My suggestion: print off those refutations onto one small sheet. Make some copies. Go to your local book stores and slip a sheet into every copy of the book they have in stock.
    "Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" - Rumi

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolJ View Post
    My suggestion: print off those refutations onto one small sheet. Make some copies. Go to your local book stores and slip a sheet into every copy of the book they have in stock.
    Haha, love this idea CoolJ!

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Safeguard View Post
    Hemingway, it is reputed, once won a ten dollar bet, that he could write a complete short story in under ten words. He won the bet with this:

    For sale. Baby shoes. Never worn.

    It occurred to me today, that I could sum up Krunts literary career with a similar short story:

    For sale. Personal integrity. Never used.


    You know, I can't even imagine buying this miscreants book. I was almost shocked that he was invited to Crimecon. He's getting paid to spread his absurd opinions, which no one in the free world is buying at this point... ( seriously, would you book a room in a hotel catering to a criminal sexual deviant?). Nancy Grace and Ken Kraz is NOT my idea of a fun filled event!
    There were a surprising number of people that I overheard while waiting in line for the KK/TF session at Crimecon who said they weren't familiar with MaM or Steven Avery. Many were attending that session just because it was the opening session of the conference.

    I was interested just to see what they'd have to say. KK is a smooth talker. He rattles things off as facts leaving you going oh, yeah, I see...and then the smart people go wait, what???

    It's easier to see his deception and semantic games when you read the book. I didn't buy it but borrowed it from my library's digital loans app.

    What bothers me about the case is that I feel neither side is telling the complete truth, and that due to the ridiculously idiotic decisions and behaviors of LE in the beginning of this investigation there will never be true justice for Teresa.


  6. #171
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    4,062
    Zellner now has 13 false statements in KK's book lol

    I think the 13th one is the one about the letters between SA/KK

  7. #172
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    2,208
    Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    Zellner now has 13 false statements in KK's book lol

    I think the 13th one is the one about the letters between SA/KK
    Imagine that!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

    Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

    Will NOT be held liable for the following:

    Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response


    *terms subject to change without notice*

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,391


    This was on KZ's Twitter, but it's applicable in both this thread and the other, so I will just stick it here.

    Kathleen Zellner "Not Ruling Out" DEFAMATION Suit Over Ex-Da's Book

    http://www.**************/4379837/ma...r-ex-das-book/

    http://us.blastingnews.com/news/2017...001869667.html
    Pedant here, please share your sources. TIA

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,391
    This is an interesting read...

    Concealing exculpatory evidence is not a rare problem. In 2013, then-Chief Judge Alex Kozinski of the Ninth Circuit Federal Court of Appeals
    wrote that “There is an epidemic of Brady violations abroad in the land,” because courts have defined “materiality” so narrowly that prosecutors rarely if ever have to face consequences if they hide evidence that favors defendants.

    The National Registry of Exonerations(which I founded) lists 2,061 innocent defendants who were convicted of crimes in the United States and later exonerated, from 1989 on, including 802 who were convicted of murder. In half of the murder exonerations (398/802) the prosecution concealed exculpatory evidence at trial, including 17 cases with innocent murder defendants who pled guilty, 57 with defendants who falsely confessed, and 91 with supposed accomplices who confessed and falsely implicated the defendants.

    WOW~~~~

    And of course, as Judge Kozinski has noted, the great majority of similar cases are never detected, and the defendants, if they are innocent, are never exonerated.

    Our best hope for avoiding tragic mistakes is to present all the evidence that matters the first time around. (What a novel idea!!!)

    https://thecrimereport.org/2017/07/14/how-concealing-key-evidence-convicts-the-innocent/?utm_content=buffer848ec&utm_medium=social&utm_sou rce=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
    Pedant here, please share your sources. TIA

  10. #175
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    2,208
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    This is an interesting read...

    Concealing exculpatory evidence is not a rare problem. In 2013, then-Chief Judge Alex Kozinski of the Ninth Circuit Federal Court of Appeals
    wrote that “There is an epidemic of Brady violations abroad in the land,” because courts have defined “materiality” so narrowly that prosecutors rarely if ever have to face consequences if they hide evidence that favors defendants.

    The National Registry of Exonerations(which I founded) lists 2,061 innocent defendants who were convicted of crimes in the United States and later exonerated, from 1989 on, including 802 who were convicted of murder. In half of the murder exonerations (398/802) the prosecution concealed exculpatory evidence at trial, including 17 cases with innocent murder defendants who pled guilty, 57 with defendants who falsely confessed, and 91 with supposed accomplices who confessed and falsely implicated the defendants.

    WOW~~~~

    And of course, as Judge Kozinski has noted, the great majority of similar cases are never detected, and the defendants, if they are innocent, are never exonerated.

    Our best hope for avoiding tragic mistakes is to present all the evidence that matters the first time around. (What a novel idea!!!)

    https://thecrimereport.org/2017/07/14/how-concealing-key-evidence-convicts-the-innocent/?utm_content=buffer848ec&utm_medium=social&utm_sou rce=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
    Thank you, BCA! ( A great read indeed )
    Blows my frickin mind!
    HOW can a HUMAN BEING be so vile to another?
    This just makes me wonder that much more... how often is it all just a numbers game?? Prosecuting such cases.
    We need more Zellners in this world for sure..
    Imho


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

    Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

    Will NOT be held liable for the following:

    Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response


    *terms subject to change without notice*

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,391
    I'll just drop this here for a lack of other places to post it.

    Looks like a certain prosecutor is becoming unhinged.



    Someone else also posted that they wanted him to explain how the DNA got on the bullet. Good Question.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pedant here, please share your sources. TIA

  12. #177
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    2,208
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    I'll just drop this here for a lack of other places to post it.

    Looks like a certain prosecutor is becoming unhinged.



    Someone else also posted that they wanted him to explain how the DNA got on the bullet. Good Question.
    Yep. It kinda does doesn't it??

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

    Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

    Will NOT be held liable for the following:

    Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response


    *terms subject to change without notice*

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
    Yep. It kinda does doesn't it??

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Sounds like he left himself some wiggle room. You might say plausible deniability.

    My guess is he is arguing that she was shot with that bullet, but that wasn't the coup-de-gras, the headshot that allegedly killed her. It was used WHILE killing her, it just wasn't necessarily the one that finished the job. That would explain why the testing shows it didn't go through the skull AND why it had her DNA on it AND how it was still valid as evidence.*

    But that is threading a needle and introducing information that wasn't there in trial. He is committing himself to a more specific narrative than before. And it highlights the question of "where are the other bullets?" This is an old question, but not one the prosecution ever formally addressed, as far as I can recall. So while his wriggling may solve one problem, it might just open him up to another/other problem/s. He's really stupid for talking about the bullet either way. He is attempting damage control but doing it poorly, and getting things down in writing that he may regret later.


    *Even if it turns out that Halbach was killed some other way, Kratz could conceivably argue the bullet still played a role.
    For Example:
    "Maybe she was killed with a tire iron, but FIRST Avery incapacitated her with that bullet."
    Last edited by Saul Vesalot; 10-02-2017 at 11:47 PM.

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    103
    We already know Steven Avery was the last person to have seen her alive.
    We know Avery said she arrived at 2:31 and that she stayed for 5~10 minutes.
    She was never seen again after her appointment with Avery.
    Her phone went off at 2:41 and was never accessed again.
    It went off in the vicinity of the Avery Salvage Yard
    Her car was found on the Avery property, further indicating she never left.
    Her bones, teeth, part of her clothes and electronics were found on the Avery Salvage Yard

    All this suggests she never left the ASY and she is no longer alive. Then when we look at the ASY residents, particularly the person who last saw her alive, and we see:

    he had opportunity
    he had no alibi
    he took his day off from 11 o'clock in the morning and never returned to work that day. He explained he left work for the appointment with TH, but that lasted only 5~10 minutes. Should he not have returned to work!? He never gave any explanation for why he did not return.
    He gave multiple different accounts of his appointment with TH.
    He gave multiple different accounts of his bonfire and burn barrel night with Brendan.

    Odd coincidences for someone who supposedly had nothing to do with all this. If we actually investigate him and his property any further, we find:

    A .22 caliber rifle that was later determined as the murder weapon
    A .22 caliber lead bullet that was forensically matched to that murder weapon
    DNA of the victim on that .22 caliber lead bullet that was forensically matched to the murder weapon
    Skull fragments of the victim with entrance defects and no exit defects.
    The .22 caliber rifle that was determined as the murder weapon did not have the power to actually fire a bullet through a skull. It thus could not have created exit defects.
    Lead was embedded in the skull and particularly the entrance defects. Avery had lead bullets.
    A reddish-brown stain few feet away from the bullet with DNA that lit up with luminol, that was a "red fluid" before it became a reddish-brown stain.
    Brendan making a drawing of the garage, and without any coercion by cops he draws Teresa and her blood at the same spot where the reddish-brown stain was found.

    Do we really need the bullet that killed her? And don't we already have it? It was melted and got embedded in her skull...

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Left Coast US of A
    Posts
    461
    We don't need 'the bullet that killed TH' - we don't know that she died of a gunshot wound.

    We do have the statements from KK which are inconsistent with the facts.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Prosecutor Ken Kratz
    By shadowraiths in forum Netflix Series: Making A Murderer
    Replies: 211
    Last Post: 11-23-2016, 11:37 PM