GA GA - Woodstock, BlkMale 40-60, UP11522, glasses, ring, Sz13 Adidas "Questar" shoes, clothes, Jul'13

georgiagirl

Opinionated Southern Belle
Reaction score
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/biologist-find-human-remains-cherokee-county/nYyMD/

WOODSTOCK, Ga. —
The Cherokee County Sheriff's Office said human skeletal remains have been found in Woodstock.

Investigators told Channel 2 Action News a biologist searching for snakes found the remains around 6 p.m. Saturday off South Cherokee Lane.

They said the remains appear to be that of a male. Investigators said the person was wearing size 13 red Adidas shoes and blue jeans with burgundy shorts underneath.

Investigators are unclear how long the body had been in there.

The remains are being sent to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation's Crime Lab for analysis.

Investigators ask anyone that might know something about the remains to please call 911.

Found this man under the Missing 2000's thread, could this be the UID?

Stephen M. Lankester-Cox, 38, Acworth, GA, missing since November 18, 2004

Foul play is suspected. I could not find a clothing description for him, nor shoe size. He was 6'1, 170 pounds, so it is possible he could wear a large shoes size since he was a fairly tall man. It appears his mother had been actively looking for him for years.

According to Google maps, Acworth and Woodstock are about 12 miles from each other.

GA GA - Stephen M. Lankester-Cox, 38, Acworth, 18 Nov 2004 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ETA: I found more information. According to Charley Project, Stephen was wearing blue jeans, though one of his Harley Davidson boots was found near his home. I thought he was a good match for the UID, but the boot finding makes it less likely.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lankester-cox_stephen.html

I'm in metro Atlanta, so this location is within 45 minutes of me. I wish we knew what kind of red Adidas. The shoe could tell us a lot - are they red high-top Adidas (most popular among African-American young men), running shoe-type (this would open up the demographic a bit) or the skateboarding type Adidas (would suggest a younger man, 16-25 most likely).

A red shoe leads me to believe this is a younger man, I'd guess under 30. You don't see a lot of guys 40+ walking around in red Adidas, as a general rule.

FYI, Woodstock (and the Northwestern suburbs of ATL, generally) is not as racially diverse as other parts of the city. Woodstock itself is 80% white, and it's pretty far up there - unlikely place for a body dump for someone from ATL. I'm guessing this guy is missing from somewhere nearby.

Hi Island Chica! I actually live in Woodstock and also grew up here and you are right about the lack of racial diversity here. It's grown alot but still a small town. Gonna see if I can find some more info.....

Justin Gaines??

http://gbi.georgia.gov/case/missing-persons-338

Case Info
Last Seen Date:
Fri, 11/02/2007

Race:
White

Weight:

Height:
5' 11"

Sex:
Male

Hair Color:
Brown

Eyes:
Blue

Contact Info:
Gwinnett County Police Department, Criminal Investigations Section: (770) 513-5000 or (770) 513-5300

justin.jpeg

Justin Glen Gaines was an 18 year-old college freshman at Gainesville State College (Oconee Campus) when he was last seen in the early morning hours of Nov. 2, 2007. He walked out of Wild Bill's establishment in Duluth, GA, but was never seen actually leaving the property. It is not known if foul play was involved in Justin's disappearance.
Justin was last seen wearing a gray "Abercrombie" t-shirt and blue jeans with holes in them. He normally keeps his hair shaved or"buzzed." Additional photos and details can be found at www.justingaines.com.

Stephen Lankester Cox??

Although I know this family and he didn't seem the type to wear red Adidas.....

http://gbi.georgia.gov/case/missing-persons-376

168095129Stephen%20Cox.png

Case Info
Last Seen Date:
Thu, 11/18/2004

Race:
White

Weight:

Height:
6' 1"

Sex:
Male

Hair Color:
Brown

Eyes:
Blue

Contact Info:
Lieutenant J.S. Gianfala, Cherokee County Sheriff's Office, 770-928-0239

On the evening of November 18, 2004 Stephen "Steve" Lankester-Cox, was at his mother’s home, 3665 Walden Lane Acworth, Ga., when he received a call from an unknown person. During the call Cox was overheard by his mother to say that he saw the lights of a vehicle pulling into the drive. Cox left the residence with unknown person(s) and was never heard from or seen again. Cox was 38-years-old when he disappeared.
Investigation revealed that Cox may have been planning a robbery of a gaming establishment in Cobb County, Georgia. On the night Cox disappeared the game room attendant reported a suspicious person at the business to Cobb Police. The individual was gone on arrival of the police. On November 22, 2004 Cox was reported missing by his mother and despite a lengthy and on-going investigation Cox’s disappearance remains unsolved.
Anyone with information on this missing person is asked to contact:
Lieutenant J.S. Gianfala # 251
Criminal Investigation Persons / V.I.P.E.R. Unit
Cherokee County Sheriff's Office
498 Chattin Drive Canton, GA
Office: (770) 928- 0239
Cell:(678) 898-7146​

Chris Zahn?

http://gbi.georgia.gov/case/missing-persons-300

89979468zahn.jpg

Case Info
Last Seen Date:
Tue, 04/28/1992

Race:
White

Weight:
160 lbs

Height:
6'

Sex:
Male

Hair Color:
Light Brown

Eyes:
Brown

Birth Range:

Contact Info:
GBI Tip Line at 1-800-587-TIPS

Last Seen: April 28, 1992 at American Hotel across the street from bus station in Atlanta.
The Atlanta Police Department, the Cobb County Sheriff's Office and the GBI are investigating the disappearance of Chistoph "Chris" Zahn, a 21 year old Swiss citizen, who was last heard from on April 28, 1992, while he was visiting Atlanta. Police suspect foul play was involved and need the public's help in obtaining information that might lead them to the location of his body.
Zahn was 6' tall and weighed about 160 lbs. He had light brown hair, brown eyes and a fair complexion. He had a scar on his chin and was last seen wearing a turquoise cap and blue jeans. He spoke English with a slight German accent.
On April 27, 1992, Zahn had taken an overnight bus from Jacksonville, Florida, to Atlanta and checked into a hotel across the street from the bus station.
Zahn was last heard from at 4:15pm on April 28, 1992, when he placed a call to his travel agent in Orange County, Florida, from a telephone at the Denny’s Restaurant on Mountain Industrial Boulevard in Tucker, Georgia.
Between April 30 and May 11, Zahn's credit card was used 31 times in the Atlanta area, including Cobb & Carroll Counties. Arrested and convicted in connection with these fraudulent credit card transactions was Harry Eugene Hale, a 47 year old white male who lived & worked in the Austell area from May through October of 1992. Hale is 6'1", 185 lbs. with thin, graying brown hair and green eyes. Hale has homes in Kentucky and Florida. He was arrested in Miami, Florida on Carroll & Cobb County warrants on forgery related charges for using Zahn's credit cards.
At the time of Zahn's disappearance, Hale drove a 1993 red Ford Probe with Ga. Tags. We are asking that anyone with any information on Chris Zahn, to call the GBI Tip Line. Also, anyone with any information on Harry Hale, particularly anyone who might have seen Hale and Zahn together, maybe in a red Ford Probe, please call the GBI Tip Line at 1-800-587-TIPS.
Hale.jpeg

Another article....

It says skeletal so they could have been there awhile...

http://woodstock.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/skeletal-remains-found-in-woodstock

The skeletal remains of what appear to be a man were found in southern Cherokee County Saturday afternoon.
The Cherokee Sheriff's Office said biologists searching for snakes in the area discovered the remains along South Cherokee Lane in Woodstock around 6 p.m. Saturday.
The remains, said Sheriff's Office Spokesman Lt. Jay Baker, appear to be that of a "male who was wearing size 13 red Adidas tennis shoes."

"Blue jeans with burgundy shorts underneath were also located with the remains," Baker said in a press release.

Investigators have not determined how long the remains were in the woods, and investigators will send the remains to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation's crime lab for analysis.

Stephen Lankester Cox??

Respectfully snipped by me for space.

I posted about him too, the locations are so close (according to google).

The shoes throw it off though, apparently his boot was found. Since you know the family, is his Mom still alive? She was active online looking for him with a myspace page, but I couldn't find anything more recent. I would think she would be able to confirm his shoe size and/or if he owned red shoes.

ETA: That was supposed to be a quote of georgiagirl's post. New to posting, sorry!

I live in the Suwanee area, so Justin Gaines case is always on my mind when a body is found. Everything I can find indicates he was wearing flip flops at the time of his disappearance.

I've read about the Cox case, and it sounds as if LE knows he is deceased and pretty much knows who is responsible, but there is no body. I agree he does not sound like the type to sport Adidas of any kind.

The existence of the shoes, jeans and shorts suggests this body hasn't been there THAT long. I doubt those would survive in the GA elements for 20+ years...

Stephen Lankester Cox??

Respectfully snipped by me for space.

I posted about him too, the locations are so close (according to google).

The shoes throw it off though, apparently his boot was found. Since you know the family, is his Mom still alive? She was active online looking for him with a myspace page, but I couldn't find anything more recent. I would think she would be able to confirm his shoe size and/or if he owned red shoes.

ETA: That was supposed to be a quote of georgiagirl's post. New to posting, sorry!

BBM

Yes, his mom is still alive and still lives in the area. She is very active in her son's case. We have a Facebook group set up for him if you would like to join called Bring Home Stephen Lankester Cox. My heart breaks for this woman because the CCSD IMO doesn't seem too interested the case since Stephen was involved with drugs. He is still someone's son, brother and father.

My other thought is that it could be a hispanic male who maybe hasn't been reported missing. There is a hispanic community in the Canton area which is just one town north of Woostock.

"Investigators are unclear how long the body had been in there. "

Been in where??

astridxx - That's bad reporting but I believe by "in there" the reporter means the woods. Both the MSM and Patch article refer to the body being located in the woods.

astridxx - That's bad reporting but I believe by "in there" the reporter means the woods. Both the MSM and Patch article refer to the body being located in the woods.

Cool, I was thinking maybe they had a Freudian slip and let on that they know more than they want to let out -- like the body was in a sewer pipe or something.

BBM

Yes, his mom is still alive and still lives in the area. She is very active in her son's case. We have a Facebook group set up for him if you would like to join called Bring Home Stephen Lankester Cox. My heart breaks for this woman because the CCSD IMO doesn't seem too interested the case since Stephen was involved with drugs. He is still someone's son, brother and father.

Thanks for the reply, glad to know she's still alive and looking for him. I couldn't find the fb page, but that's okay. Does she know about this UID (even if it looks less likely that it's him based on the boot find)?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back