GUILTY OK - Maddox Abner, 20 mos, beaten to death, Norman, 4 Feb 2017 *Arrest*

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
d06a98ef-d106-4fd1-aea0-3d920583c802_zpsabxflegs.jpg

http://newsok.com/court-affidavit-details-events-leading-to-norman-childs-death/article/5537516

A 20-month-old boy who died on Saturday had suffered injuries on at least four other occasions, including a broken arm, while left in the care of the mother's boyfriend, according to a Cleveland County court affidavit.

The boyfriend, Jake Ryan Holman, 25, is being held on a first-degree murder complaint in the death of Maddox Wyatt Abner.

Maddox died from blunt force trauma, according to a state medical examiner's spokeswoman.

http://newsok.com/murder-charge-filed-in-babys-death/article/5537703

A state medical examiner said the child died of blunt force trauma, with transected organs and a swollen brain.

Holman is being held without bail in the Cleveland County jail pending an arraignment.

According to the affidavit, the mother, Cydney Cox, said her son had suffered injuries on at least four prior occasions while left in Holman's care, including a broken arm.

http://newsok.com/murder-charge-filed-in-babys-death/article/5537703

attachment.php

Holman appeared before Cleveland County Special Judge Steve Stice today, and the state requested Holman be held without bail. Stice decided to hold Holman without bail pending a hearing on Feb. 28 http://www.normantranscript.com/new...cle_b90a49d4-efb4-11e6-8d73-cb49265c0092.html

Investigators say Maddox had visible signs of bruising around his throat and dried blood near his nose. http://kfor.com/2017/02/07/police-norman-baby-found-dead-with-bruising-around-his-throat/

Attachments

• holman.jpg
    holman.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 199
His mother should be charged, as well. There seems to be supporting information and hopefully medical records to document previous injuries. Continuing to leave a child in an unsafe environment indicates neglect, at minimum, of the mother. In some states this is called failure to protect. The idea of the page including his sudden death "has shocked us all". Given this child's history of trauma, there were a lot of serious clues here, making "shocked" an interesting response.

I'm curious as to the diagnoses of previous injuries and whether or not he was treated at the same facility all four times or only treated once for the broken arm. Somebody better be digging into his medical records. And the state of Oklahoma should be digging into any CPS history. How many levels failed this child?

How painful the last few weeks of his life must have been.

I'd say. The child suffered injuries on at least 4 occasions when left with the boyfriend, yet she still kept on allowing the boyfriend to watch the child?

Find a tree and bring some rope. Hang em both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Justice for Susan Winters.

I'd say. The child suffered injuries on at least 4 occasions when left with the boyfriend, yet she still kept on allowing the boyfriend to watch the child?

And just like Teghan Skiba's mother and Jordyn Dumont's mother this woman will skate too. The DA is concerned with prosecuting the boyfriend - rightfully so - but to give a pass to the one person who has the most responsibility to protect the child is unconscionable. Seriously, isn't it time to change this attitude?

I would think that a broken arm, in a very young toddler, would have been a very RED FLAG. Toddlers rarely break their arms unless there is great force.

I am the cousin of Maddox father our side of the family wants to put whoever away that did this to Maddox or knew about the ongoing abuse the mother has kept the baby from our side of the family for a while we asked to see him Thanksgiving and Christmas and no response now we know that he had black eyes and broken arms and other injuries that we're not 100% sure what they are we have a page setup Justice for Maddox and asking the point us in the direction of how to get Justice for him I feel like the mother is responsible because she continue to leave him after numerous injuries and now the mother is saying he abused her which was never said before I don't understand the mother is saying that she left at 10 o'clock at night to go to the store and never check on the baby when she returned and didn't find him till 8 in the morning the next day all of this makes no sense to us

Mother of the year!

RIP sweet boy :(.

I am the cousin of Maddox father our side of the family wants to put whoever away that did this to Maddox or knew about the ongoing abuse the mother has kept the baby from our side of the family for a while we asked to see him Thanksgiving and Christmas and no response now we know that he had black eyes and broken arms and other injuries that we're not 100% sure what they are we have a page setup Justice for Maddox and asking the point us in the direction of how to get Justice for him I feel like the mother is responsible because she continue to leave him after numerous injuries and now the mother is saying he abused her which was never said before I don't understand the mother is saying that she left at 10 o'clock at night to go to the store and never check on the baby when she returned and didn't find him till 8 in the morning the next day all of this makes no sense to us

So sorry for your family's loss :(. I hope his "mother" is prosecuted.

Thank you all for your concern! This is my nephew, his father is my brother. Our family did not get to be in his life. We all tried to get his brother to bring him to family events, she wouldn't. I now find out about all of his injuries he sustained while in her boyfriends care DHS even got involved when his arm was broken, she still left him again and now he's dead.my brother wasn't even a loud to be i his life and he loved him dearly that child is his world. He is in prison because he was in drug court since before Maddox was born he was about to graduate actually, but the mother wouldn't let him see his son after begging and pleading with her and going days without seeing him he went and set outside waiting for her to get home just to see his son. He begged if he could just give him a kiss. She filed stalking charges on him, being in drug court any new charges put you in DOC. We all want answers!!! Why isn't she being arrested too? Anyone who knew he was being abused should be arrested. Why is she being treated like a victim? Her story has changed numourus times! She told us he wasn't abusive, now they are saying she was abused. If he was abusing her why would she leave my nephew with him? They are pointing the finger at my brother saying he never cared about him, and our family didn't care they raised him and protected him! They wouldn't let us see him we love him and want justice. They didn't protect him or he would still be here! They don't even want the Just For Maddox page up! Who wouldn't want justice for your child????? If you are innocent why don't you want us getting justice for him???? Please help us. We don't know what to do or where to turn. I want everyone who planned in part to be punished, anyone who could've prevented this deserves to e punished.

Thank you all for your concern! This is my nephew, his father is my brother. Our family did not get to be in his life. We all tried to get his brother to bring him to family events, she wouldn't. I now find out about all of his injuries he sustained while in her boyfriends care DHS even got involved when his arm was broken, she still left him again and now he's dead.my brother wasn't even a loud to be i his life and he loved him dearly that child is his world. He is in prison because he was in drug court since before Maddox was born he was about to graduate actually, but the mother wouldn't let him see his son after begging and pleading with her and going days without seeing him he went and set outside waiting for her to get home just to see his son. He begged if he could just give him a kiss. She filed stalking charges on him, being in drug court any new charges put you in DOC. We all want answers!!! Why isn't she being arrested too? Anyone who knew he was being abused should be arrested. Why is she being treated like a victim? Her story has changed numourus times! She told us he wasn't abusive, now they are saying she was abused. If he was abusing her why would she leave my nephew with him? They are pointing the finger at my brother saying he never cared about him, and our family didn't care they raised him and protected him! They wouldn't let us see him we love him and want justice. They didn't protect him or he would still be here! They don't even want the Just For Maddox page up! Who wouldn't want justice for your child????? If you are innocent why don't you want us getting justice for him???? Please help us. We don't know what to do or where to turn. I want everyone who planned in part to be punished, anyone who could've prevented this deserves to e punished.
I am so sorry for you and your family and that sweet innocent little boy.
#Justice for Maddox

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If Mr. Abner (father)'s parental rights have not been terminated, he is considered a crime victim and has rights. I would think the DA's office owes him an explanation of how charges for Maddox's death will be handled. While the extended family may not be able to get information, his father should be able to have conversations about Maddox's horrible death, as well as the preceding days/weeks. Might be a good idea for father or his attorney to contact CPS/DHS, as well. A lot of accountability to go around. When things like this happen to children as young as Maddox, their lack verbal skills can work for the perpetrator. Often these little, little kids try to disclose but are shut down by parents or the providers who treat them. And sometimes the right questions aren't even asked.

Heartbreaking loss; sympathies to the family.

And just like Teghan Skiba's mother and Jordyn Dumont's mother this woman will skate too. The DA is concerned with prosecuting the boyfriend - rightfully so - but to give a pass to the one person who has the most responsibility to protect the child is unconscionable. Seriously, isn't it time to change this attitude?

Lets not forget good ole rachelle bond.... ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume there are more recent updates but I found this msm post from 2019 and wanted to share-

Testimony begins in trial of man accused of killing girlfriend's son

Edit - Another article from 2019-

Ex-convict claims defendant admitted to killing toddler | Local News | normantranscript.com

Jurors deliberated for about an hour Monday before finding 28-year-old Jake Ryan Holman of Noble guilty of first-degree murder in the 2017 death of Maddox Abner.

A Cleveland County man has been convicted of killing his ex-girlfriend's 20-month-old son

Last edited:
I assume there are more recent updates but I found this msm post from 2019 and wanted to share-

Testimony begins in trial of man accused of killing girlfriend's son

Edit - Another article from 2019-

Ex-convict claims defendant admitted to killing toddler | Local News | normantranscript.com

Jurors deliberated for about an hour Monday before finding 28-year-old Jake Ryan Holman of Noble guilty of first-degree murder in the 2017 death of Maddox Abner.

A Cleveland County man has been convicted of killing his ex-girlfriend's 20-month-old son
I was just thinking about you!!! I am glad to see you posting!

Thanks, very sweet.

Sadly, the loss of loved ones within a short period of time required a break.

I have been wanting to check up on the ones that were still missing when I took my break.

I was just thinking about you!!! I am glad to see you posting!

I was just thinking about you!!! I am glad to see you posting
*Edit- As you see I still make mistakes with my postings.

Thankfully, my catching up requires more reading than posting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back