CA CA - Los Angeles Co, Unksex&race UP3018, 27-37, under a cabinet in residence, Oct'06

Romulus

Reaction score
NamUs UP 3018

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/3018

Unidentified Body/Remains (Unknown Sex & Race)

Found October 16, 2006 in Los Angeles County, CA
Body Condition: Not recognizable - partial remains with soft tissues
Probable year of death: 2006 to 2006

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 27-37
Approximate Height: cannot estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: nothing

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing: nothing
Jewerly: nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available
DNA:
Sample available - Not yet submitted

Case History:
Human mandible with teeth was found at a residence by the resident as he was doing some renovation and found specimen under a cabinet.

Robert Anthony Spellman – matches age range at 27, went missing in Los Angeles County
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/5001dmca.html

Do we know much about the cabinet i.e did the previous owners renovate? Was it a built in cabinet or freestanding, put there by previous owners / tenants / housemates?

Moosebegoose maybe on to something there... Did you call that in or submit it?

Perplexing! Dead within the past 9 or 10 months, soft tissue on the mandible, and yet we aren't told how it got under the cabinet.

It makes me remember when my spouse and I replaced the dishwasher that came with our new-to-us house, and the installer found someone's old driver's license underneath.

Something flat like an ID card could understandably get lost underneath a cabinet. But if someone is dismembering a body, a human mandible isn't something that could easily slip under there, unless it was a really crummy cabinet with a very wide gap at the floor.

I wonder if it was possibly brought there by a rat or a racoon, perhaps by dragging it up from a crawlspace or basement, or something. Could a body have been stored in the crawlspace or basement before it was moved, and the house was then sold to the guy who found the mandible? Or perhaps the mandible was brought in by a rat from outdoors, from some nearby location?

No exclusions in Namus for this case.

What an odd and sad case.
Could it be a medical specimen? I hope not a crime victim.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back