WI - 2 children die in house fire with 6 non-working smoke detectors

:mad: First ... WHY do they have any smoke detectors NOT working in their house?

:mad: Second ... LET ALONE SIX non-working fire detectors!!!

:mad: Third ... WHY were little kids playing with matches??

:mad: And finally ... HOW the heck does SHE, the MOTHER manage to make it out alive without saving the KIDS??

There's NO WAY I'd be leaving my burning house without saving whoever is in it. Sorry. I'd be going down with everyone else. :furious:

This is one of the no answer replies. Did the mom have other motivation? Was she too poor to even replace the batteries? Why she couldn't drag out at least one of the kids makes me think her life was more importent. I haven't been involved in a fire myself but my neighbors house caught on fire and we were trying to get them out. The door was too hot to touch. Fortunately, none of them were home but we couldn't do much even if they were. It took the fire departement 7-8 minutes to get there.

Often people either forget to put batteries in a smoke detector, or tend to ignore the beeping sound it makes when the batteries are low.

I am guility of ignoring the beeping of the smoke detector, or taking out the low batteries and then putting it on the list, keep forgetting to pick up batteries until someone else in the family picks them up and then lets me know(to no end)how he picked up batteries and replaced them.

But to get out of a fire without my kids, not in this lifetime. I would ensure my kids were safe........but then again as another poster points out, you will do whatever it takes, but the situation can easily get out of hand real fast as I have never been in a fire(Thank God).

I would not want to live if I was safe and sound, but had to attend the funerals of any one of my children.

man that is such a shame since all it takes is a simple freaking battery.....:banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back