GUILTY GA - Margaret Steverson, 72, murdered, Waycross, 21 Jan 2017

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What in the world is going on? These two punks killed a sweet [FONT=&quot]72-year-old woman. WHY? For her car?

[/FONT]
It's impossible to try and put any logic into a crime like this. There is no reason, other than these two have no capacity to feel other's pain, no logical reason for this murder.

I'm tired of seeing innocent people

[FONT=&quot]Capt. Neil Skerratt confirmed that Ware County Sheriff’s Department investigators are inquiring whether Caleb J. Brow, 20, of Watertown, and Robert L. Taplin, 25, of Adams, committed other crimes before they were arrested for the killing of a 72-year-old woman in her Waycross, Ga., home.

*snip*

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Taplin is charged with torching a 2013 Subaru Legacy that was stolen from a Watertown home on Jan. 15. Brow is also accused of stealing a 2005 Ford Explorer in Ware County the same day that 72-year-old Margaret Steverson, Waycross, was killed.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/...rimes-in-killing-of-georgia-woman-20170125&&&

Those two are just a waste of space, as far as I'm concerned. They should get the death penalty.

Thank you so much Tricia! Y'all this is close to my heart and from the town where I live. I don't think for one minute the 3 juveniles should have been released. They were neck deep in it! They were caught near my home and this only happened maybe a mile as a crow flies from us. The family is devastated! So is the community! These two adult men drove a stolen car from NY and ended up here. Supposedly they met the three juveniles on line.
The SADDEST part is she was basically blind and would never have been able to identify them. It was a senseless killing of a very sweet lady. My husband went to school with her son who she was living with at the time. I don't want to go into too much detail that I know about until I'm sure it has been released to the public.
BUT this family is extremely sweet and caring and didn't deserve this.
She had just let her dog out to walk and he saw the opportunity and killed her. Now I sit and watch her loving son walk her baby dog every day and can't help but cry. That doggie was her baby. She's an older dog but beautiful!
Please pray for this family they really need all the positive vibes and prayers they can get. Spoke to the son the other day and it just broke my heart listening to him tell what happened. I can't even imagine. :tantrum: I'm sure there will be more crimes linked to them since they left NY. So keep that in mind when new cases pop up.
Thank you again Tricia for making this thread for me! I want justice for the family!

I do promise to keep y'all updated as info is released. I just don't want to tell things told to me in private by him to me and my hubby. 

I think what scares me the most is the fact that they were on foot when caught near my home and there is an overgrown lake beside me where hobos and drug users usually hide out. Makes me wonder if that is where they had been hiding since leaving NY. My dogs had been having fits at night and I have to wonder if that could have easily been me! THANKFULLY I have all 4 dogs with me when I take them out at night and I usually lock the door until they are finished. BUT the weirdest thing is..... I only started doing that a month ago! For some reason I felt it was necessary. I wasn't feeling safe which is out of character for me. Always listen to that inner voice. Lock your doors too even if it's for a quick run for the doggies. Also I should note that they got the name of the road they were captured on WRONG. Which I can't believe they didn't catch. It isn't Augusta Road It's Augusta Avenue. It's a main artery of our small town that is used constantly.
I've called the cops many times on people camping out down there. If a fire gets out our house will be the first to go!

Former Watertown resident Caleb J. Brow, 21, pleaded guilty last week to a murder charge. Brow accepted a plea deal Feb. 13 that would sentence him to life without the possibility of parole, rather than death. Georgia is one of 31 states that still uses capital punishment. Brow pleaded guilty to malice murder, possession of a knife during the commission of a felony, burglary, arson, theft by receiving stolen property, and entering a vehicle. Malice murder is a charge unique to the state of Georgia.

On Feb. 1, Brow’s accomplice Robert Taplin pleaded guilty to theft by bringing stolen property into the state, theft by receiving stolen property, and failure to register as a sex offender. Taplin was convicted of third-degree rape in 2013 in Jefferson County and was sentenced to 1½ to 3 years in prison. He was sentenced to 10 years in prison for the Georgia conviction.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/news03/former-watertown-man-sentenced-in-georgia-murder--20180222

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back