GUILTY IL - Robin Stief, 39, body found burned, Carbondale, 25 Aug 2016 *Arrests*

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
NamUs UP 15723

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/15723

Unidentified Body/Remains (Unknown Sex & Race)

Found August 30, 2016 in Jackson County, IL
Body Condition: Not recognizable - Charred/Burned

Probable year of death: 2016 to 2016
Estimated postmortem interval: 8 hours

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 20-35
Approximate Height: cannot estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: nothing

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing: nothing
Jewerly: nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
DNA: Sample submitted-tests not complete

Case History:
Human remains were discovered behind the Midas store in Carbondale amid tall reeds along the Piles Fork Creek. The remains had been burned. The Midas store is on a main thoroughfare in Carbondale. There are several economy motels, shops, and restaurants in the immediate area of where the remains were found.

That is quite strange indeed Carbuff

How can we find out? Just the media circus? Or no real identifiers.....

I did sent the contact of NamUs an Email to check this out....strange.....

Dear people,

Amy Dobbs of NamUs reacted on my questions. She wrote: Were already aware of these two cases being a possible match. Currently,biometrics are being processed and the two cases will be compared oncecompleted.

It is about a possible match between this UID and Robin Stief

Thanks Amy. I will wait patiently. And thanks Romulus (and others) for bringing this up.

How profoundly disturbing. I knew someone who went to school in Carbondale.

I hate saying this because I know Illinois has plenty of nice people there but some of the drug-related drama & violence in that state is the worst I've heard of (& I'm not just talking about Chicago.)

Dear people,

Amy Dobbs of NamUs reacted on my questions. She wrote: Were already aware of these two cases being a possible match. Currently,biometrics are being processed and the two cases will be compared oncecompleted.

It is about a possible match between this UID and Robin Stief

Thanks Amy. I will wait patiently. And thanks Romulus (and others) for bringing this up.

Thanks. Did she say why they have reservations when Carbondale LE has already made an identification?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Thanks. Did she say why they have reservations when Carbondale LE has already made an identification?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

No this was it....I guess somewhere "lost in the machine" if you know what I mean.....

How profoundly disturbing. I knew someone who went to school in Carbondale.

I hate saying this because I know Illinois has plenty of nice people there but some of the drug-related drama & violence in that state is the worst I've heard of (& I'm not just talking about Chicago.)

Eh, I went to grad school at SIU and lived in Carbondale for almost 5 years, it's not too bad on that front. It's sketchy without question, but not really dangerous per se.

In any case, judging by the location of the UID, I bet whatever happened went down at the America's Best Value inn a couple hundred yards away, and the perps took the UID through the woods behind the business strip on foot to the dump site.

Like the article said, that street is extremely heavily traveled (by small-ish town standards) and there are numerous locations very nearby that would be way more suitable for dumping a body had a vehicle been involved. And that motel is one of the very shadiest places in town, although that part of Main overall isn't terrible. I actually stayed there not knowing any better the first night I moved to Carbondale (it was a Motel 6 back then I think) and walked a mile or so each way to and from a bar, not the smartest move I've ever made haha

Also it's weird that it was stated that "homicidal violence" was involved, 2 people were arrested, and at least as far as I could tell neither has been charged for anything beyond things related to dumping the body. Maybe there have been more arrests that I'm not aware of.

Eh, I went to grad school at SIU and lived in Carbondale for almost 5 years, it's not too bad on that front. It's sketchy without question, but not really dangerous per se.

In any case, judging by the location of the UID, I bet whatever happened went down at the America's Best Value inn a couple hundred yards away, and the perps took the UID through the woods behind the business strip on foot to the dump site.

Like the article said, that street is extremely heavily traveled (by small-ish town standards) and there are numerous locations very nearby that would be way more suitable for dumping a body had a vehicle been involved. And that motel is one of the very shadiest places in town, although that part of Main overall isn't terrible. I actually stayed there not knowing any better the first night I moved to Carbondale (it was a Motel 6 back then I think) and walked a mile or so each way to and from a bar, not the smartest move I've ever made haha

Also it's weird that it was stated that "homicidal violence" was involved, 2 people were arrested, and at least as far as I could tell neither has been charged for anything beyond things related to dumping the body. Maybe there have been more arrests that I'm not aware of.

http://thesouthern.com/news/local/c...cle_2c046555-d20b-5550-9ddf-106643642b97.html

MURPHYSBORO — A Carbondale woman pleaded guilty Monday to first-degree murder for her involvement in the death of Robin L. Stief, whose burned remains were found in August in a wooded area in Carbondale.

Lauren L. Stinde, 23, entered the guilty plea at an arraignment inside Jackson County Courthouse on Monday afternoon...First-degree murder charges were also filed Monday against Tiesha D. Anderson, 22, and Robert J. Dennis, 25,

Namus page cite error; probable identified as Robin L.Stief ;)

Two suspects in 2016 Robin Stief murder case appear in court; delays continue

Two people charged with first-degree murder in the death of Robin Stief were in Jackson County Circuit Court on Friday morning, but not much progress was made.

Robert Dennis’ hearing was to give a status update on a fitness test to examine his mental ability to stand trial. Defense attorney Robert Bateson said a doctor still needs to complete an examination on Dennis.

Judge Ralph Bloodworth set another status hearing for 10 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 16.

The next court date for Tiesha Anderson was scheduled for March 9th.

Sentencing delayed again for woman who pleaded guilty to murder in Carbondale burned body case

In Jackson County Circuit Court Thursday morning, Lauren Stinde, 24, stood in front of Judge Ralph Bloodworth in an orange coat and a black-and-white-striped jumpsuit to learn her sentencing hearing will be delayed until the conclusion of two other cases, both part of the same death investigation.

Assistant State’s Attorney Casey Bloodworth said in open court that there have been “roadblocks” in the other cases, causing them to be drawn out. He wouldn’t comment after court on the nature of those road blocks or why the case would have to wait until the other cases are complete.

I used to ride a bike from the dorms to the Krogers to work 3am shifts, looking back on it very sketchy

Man charged with murder in Carbondale burned body case still waiting for mental fitness examination

http://thesouthern.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/man-charged-with-murder-in-carbondale-burned-body-case-still/article_560007eb-e38b-5f47-b226-9f6ee9afa71f.html

A Carbondale man charged with first-degree murder is still waiting to be examined by a doctor concerning his mental fitness.

Dennis’ attorney, Robert Bateson of Marion, says he is in the process of providing discovering to Dr. Fred Klug, who will examine Dennis to see if he has the ability to assist in his defense.

Bloodworth set another status hearing for Dennis’ fitness on April 13.

Suspect in 2016 Carbondale murder says she's ready for trial

http://thesouthern.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/suspect-in-carbondale-murder-says-she-s-ready-for-trial/article_4768ac90-1c94-56df-b5ed-477c0f710529.html

Tiesha Anderson, 23, is charged in the death of Robin Stief, whose burned remains were found in a wooded area near Piles Fork Creek in Carbondale in August 2016. Her lawyer, Joseph Cervantez, said he has just about everything he needs in terms of discovery and wants to get this case back on track.

The state announced it is was also ready to set a trial date. That date has been preliminarily set for July 30.

Anderson to undergo mental evaluation
The trial of a woman charged in a gruesome murder in Jackson County hits a delay.

A lawyer for Tiesha Anderson wants her to undergo a mental fitness examination, meaning her trial scheduled for next week will have to wait.

The prosecutor wants to try Anderson before another suspect in this murder, Robert Dennis, but his trial is scheduled for Oct. 1.

Trial begins for man accused of beating, suffocating woman to death

"Mary, I went to visit Bill Dennis in the town where he lives. I will be OK."

Prosecutor Casey Bloodworth opened his case against Robert Dennis with those words Monday; Words Robin Stief wrote to the sister she was living with Aug. 24, 2016, just a week before police found her remains near Piles Fork Creek in Carbondale.

Officers eventually arrested Robert Dennis, Lauren Stinde and Tiesha Anderson for the murder, and Bloodworth said Dennis was the figurehead of a "family-type unit" he tried to form with the women.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back