Still Missing Italy - Li Yinglei, 36, vanished from Mediterranean cruise, 10 Feb 2017 *husband Arrested*

Indy Anna

Reaction score
Now reports have claimed that police are examining the theory that she was murdered, placed inside a suitcase and thrown overboard.

[...]

Other photos show Ms Xing with a large suitcase, similar to the one shown in the clip, before their cruise.

[...]

One member of staff working at the restaurant on the cruise ship is said to have told investigators that he last saw Ms Xing dining with her family on February 10 when the ship was between Genoa and Valetta.

The staff member saw Mr Belling sit at the same spot in the restaurant with his two children for the duration of the cruise - between 6pm and 8pm each night - but says Ms Xing was not present.
more at ... http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...n-suitcase-and-thrown-overboard-35518414.html

I wonder if LE have found the suitcase Ms Xing was seen carrying before the cruise.

more at ... http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...n-suitcase-and-thrown-overboard-35518414.html

I wonder if LE have found the suitcase Ms Xing was seen carrying before the cruise.

According to the article, the suitcase has not been found. The article also says:

"However, Italian police now suspect Ms Xing never exited the ship, as her key card did not register on the security card system. The system is used to allow residents on the cruise ship to leave and board the boat.

"It is understood that CCTV footage from the ship is being examined, while Italian authorities have also conducted a number of interviews with staff who were working on the ship for the duration of the cruise."

More from the article:
"Mr Belling tells me: 'I did not kill my wife, she is a very particular woman with a strong personality... My wife is in China or another part of Europe, she has done this before where she disappeared on a holiday."

More from the article:
"Mr Belling tells me: 'I did not kill my wife, she is a very particular woman with a strong personality... My wife is in China or another part of Europe, she has done this before where she disappeared on a holiday."

If this really was the case (and I can't believe he would be so calm about this)
1)Wouldn't there be a record of her leaving the ship>
2)Surely she would have needed her passport to get to China and there would be a record of her entering the country?
3)I'd like to think she would come forward at this point and admit she's alive. Or does she hate her husband so much that she wants him to be accused of murder?

I'm not saying he did anything wrong, but just seems to me like that story has a lot of holes in it

also, why would she leave her kids? those poor kids ...

If this really was the case (and I can't believe he would be so calm about this)
1)Wouldn't there be a record of her leaving the ship>
2)Surely she would have needed her passport to get to China and there would be a record of her entering the country?
3)I'd like to think she would come forward at this point and admit she's alive. Or does she hate her husband so much that she wants him to be accused of murder?

I'm not saying he did anything wrong, but just seems to me like that story has a lot of holes in it

Possible finding of her body, which washed ashore in a suitcase at Rimini, Italy, although other details don't fit including time of death: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/body-woman-found-floating-suitcase-10107204

This article (from March 27) says it's not her.

Authorities confirm suitcase remains are not those of missing cruise mum

http://www.independent.ie/world-new...not-those-of-missing-cruise-mum-35570938.html

But what an eerie coincidence - an Asian woman in a suitcase in the ocean found 6 weeks after another Asian woman goes missing and it's suspected she was stuffed in a suitcase and thrown in the ocean. How often do Asian women end up in suitcases in the ocean in Italy?

I can't find any more updates to this case after this.

How can they charge and hold him if it's not even clear Ms Li is dead?

This article (from March 27) says it's not her.

http://www.independent.ie/world-new...not-those-of-missing-cruise-mum-35570938.html

But what an eerie coincidence - an Asian woman in a suitcase in the ocean found 6 weeks after another Asian woman goes missing and it's suspected she was stuffed in a suitcase and thrown in the ocean. How often do Asian women end up in suitcases in the ocean in Italy?

I can't find any more updates to this case after this.

How can they charge and hold him if it's not even clear Ms Li is dead?
I doubt they can hold him very long. No Body cases are very hard to prove. Saw this and thought of you :):
“Saw this and thought of you,” the email’s subject line read. In it was a link to a recent news report about Dublin resident Daniel Belling, who had been arrested over his wife’s disappearance from a cruise ship in the Mediterranean.

[...]

In practice, this means that if you awake in your cabin to discover a member of your party has gone missing in the night, your help is going to come in the form of a police officer from a nation potentially thousands of miles away.

While you wait for him to travel to the ship, professional housekeepers unwittingly clean crime scenes. Witnesses disembark and go home. Until a person is reported as missing, the ship continues to move away from where the incident occurred, widening the search area until the recovery of any body becomes impossible.

[...]

Shortly after Belling’s arrest, his lawyer asked reporters: “If this is a murder, then where is the body?”
<snip> http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/b...cruise-ships-suit-the-perfect-crime-1.3030684

Found a May 28, 2017 article

LONG PRISON WAIT Man whose wife vanished on Mediterranean cruise faces months in jail while authorities seek evidence from Ireland and Greece
https://www.thesun.ie/news/1057645/...rities-seek-evidence-from-ireland-and-greece/

MURDER suspect Daniel Belling faces being locked up in Italy until at least October.
[.....]
Authorities in Rome are seeking evidence from Ireland and Greece as they seek to build a case against the 45-year-old German native.
Police believe his Chinese wife may have been pushed from the cruise ship Magnifica on the second night of the couple&#8217;s ten-day trip around the Mediterranean with their two children.
Belling, who admits the couple were on a last gasp holiday to try and save their marriage, claims she got off at the Greek island of Katakolon and said she was going home. Ms Li, known to pals as Angie, has not been seen since and her bank account has not been accessed.
[.....]
&#8220;We&#8217;re waiting for an official response from Ireland and Greece to a request for international collaboration. I don&#8217;t think the case will begin until October or November.&#8221;

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back