FL - Kimberly Delancey, 27, murdered, New Port Richey, 4 Dec 2004

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
trans.gif
delancy_court.jpg
[Times photo: Kathleen Flynn]
Sandy Delancey reacts as a Adam Calcote is convicted of killing her daughter, Kim.

According to the detective, Calcote arrived at a friend's house in Lawrence, Mass., days after Kim's death. He needed money. The friend, who knew Calcote as Adam Rodriguez, helped him get a part-time job.

Eventually, Calcote opened up. He said he was about to make love with his neighbor in his apartment when she screamed rape. He panicked and covered her face with a pillow. When he realized she had died, he wiped her body with a wash cloth to remove any evidence. He put her over his shoulder and carried her back to her apartment.

The friend was on house arrest. He didn't need more trouble, so he called police the next morning after Calcote left for work.

The case lasted four days and included 22 witnesses. On the fourth morning, Oct. 28, jurors took over... After the guilty verdict had been announced, Mills immediately sentenced Calcote to life in prison.

More: http://www.sptimes.com/2005/12/04/Pasco/Nightmare_without_end.shtml

I have to tell ya ... this is one long story, and this is one I could not stop reading. It is very sad. This guy looks like -- in my opinion -- the guy who murdered Carlie Brucia ... in a way. Jerk! :mad:

That's absolutely heartbreaking. I am 23 and I couldn't even imagine my mother's pain if something like this ever happened to me. I think I'll give her a call right now...:(

PrayersForMaura said:
this is one long story, and this is one I could not stop reading. It is very sad.

Thank you for posting the article. I am glad I took the time to read it. My heart goes out to the family.

I cannot read this article. I just can't. I can read about the most gory murders, and lose myself in the technical details and investigative aspects of it. But the families pain I just cannot handle!
I think it is due to the fact that no matter what the victim may have suffered before death, but once they died they are free of pain and suffering. But the families pain and suffering is never ending. That I cannot handle. Words are not even adequate to describe what they go through.
I just can't.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627