IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths Members,

Please DO NOT bring in family members of the victim's and suggest they might have had something to do with the crime. As of right now, there is ZERO evidence to suggest this is the case.

People, please think about what Abby and Liberty's loved ones are going through right now.

They lost their two angels to murder and now they read on the Internet people are ripping their lives apart.

Same thing with any random person you happen to bring up. These people do not deserve to have their lives spread out and accusations made against them based on a theory with nothing to back it up.

I know it's frustrating when you go on other sites and they are talking about EVERYTHING but we just do not work that way on Websleuths.

You are anonymous behind your computer screen. Doesn't hurt you if you post something that's not true about a grieving family member. You step away from your computer and all is well. Meanwhile, your words are like burning hot knives in people's hearts.

Please take a moment to read our rules
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

If you have any questions please email websleuthscomments@gmail.com or send a private message.

Ask yourself the following; Would you stand face to face with the person you are accusing, tell them your theory and tell them your real name?

Even with our tight and well thought out rules Websleuths is able to do amazing sleuthing.

Thank you for caring about Abby and Liberty.

Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

PS. Thank you KayElJay for letting me post in your opening post.

MISSING: Two 13-year-old girls dropped off to go walking at Carroll County trail

Missing%20Girls_1487042903108_55088620_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Carroll County Sheriff Toby Leazenby said Abigail Williams and Liberty German were last seen around 1 p.m. when they were dropped off to go hiking at High Bridge, just east of Delphi.

Police ID bodies of Indiana girls

Two bodies found along a northern Indiana stream are those of two teenage girls who went missing Mondayand their deaths are being investigated as homicides, authorities said on Wednesday.

State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said autopsies performed Wednesday determined that the bodies are those of Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, both of Delphi.

Their bodies were found Tuesday afternoon along Deer Creek near Delphi, about 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis. Police said the girls bodies were about three-quarters of a mile from an abandoned railroad bridge where they were dropped off Monday to go hiking.

ISP page dedicated to the investigation (includes audio of suspect)

Pictures of Abby and Libby
Link to post with all Threads #1-98(Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17

*Media Maps & Timelines*
IMAGE Discussion Thread
Scanner Thread
Rules Etiquette & Information

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at
(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to
Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference of 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Audio loop http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

SGT. KIM RILEY, INDIANA STATE POLICE (via telephone) with CNN re: three posts in the image on the bridge

RILEY: We have looked at it. We`ve blown it up. As a matter of fact, that was done right after we got the picture -- we had access to the picture. And if you look at the far end of the tracks, it looks like there`s two people actually standing there. But if you blow the picture up, you`ll notice that there`s actually three poles there to keep cars from being -- trying to drive across the bridge. So that`s the marks that you see at the end of the tracks.

Teen used cell phone to capture chilling audio of her killer: Police

ADMIN NOTE: Do NOT post photos of random individuals in a side by side fashion to compare with unidentified suspect. You may be sleuthing someone ten ways to Sunday but do NOT post about it here. Until there is a named suspect to sleuth it is against TOS.

If you feel you have a tip by all means phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Posts that are outside the rules are subject to removal without warning or explanation. Members who continue to post against the rules are subject to a loss of posting privileges.

Please continue discussing while being mindful of the rules which can always be found linked in my signature.

ADMIN NOTE: Because so many members were brand new, we, the owner and staff, have been very patient with you. We thought you deserved some time to learn the ropes. Well, you've had almost two weeks to figure out how we roll here. If you haven't bothered to read the Rules, especially Etiquette and Information, then shame on ya.

Going forward, we will issue Time Outs of 24 hours or longer. No excuses, no questions asked. Consider this a fair warning.

Bessie
WS ADMINISTRATOR

I've been thinking again, and I realized there was one scenario I hadn't considered at all yet. It came to me when I was trying to compare the height of the guy to the width of the bridge; I believe someone had posted that it was just over 8 feet.

Say the girls had started heading south on the bridge, and Libby took the picture of Abby at about 2:07. They continued south for a bit and realized they had to be heading back in order to be there when their ride got there. They turned around to start heading back and saw the guy coming toward them from the north. Libby may have recorded him just so she could see if he was someone she knew (zooming so she could see him better) at about 2:30.

They may have actually passed on the bridge and kept going without realizing that he turned around and followed them back. They would probably keep their eyes forward to watch where they were going since they weren't taking pictures at the time. When they got to the other side, he could have gotten close enough to grab them before they even realized he was there.

I'm probably just getting desperate for an explanation that works, but there would be room for them to pass each other on there. We walked with 3 or 4 of us side-by-side down railroad tracks when I was young.

MOO

The problem I see with that is if he intended to confront, take control, and murder the girls(which as we know he obviously did) he would never allow them to pass him on that bridge to begin with, he is also visibly out of shape and not in good physical condition, It's no guarantee he could catch them had they passed him. I still believe the most likely scenario is that, literally seconds after the video of him was captured, he confronts the girls in some way.

The problem I see with that is if he intended to confront, take control, and murder the girls(which as we know he obviously did) he would never allow them to pass him on that bridge to begin with, he is also visibly out of shape and not in good physical condition, It's no guarantee he could catch them had they passed him. I still believe the most likely scenario is that, literally seconds after the video of him was captured, he confronts the girls in some way.

The problem with confronting them on the bridge is that there's a good chance that one, or all, of them would fall off. If one of the girls lost her balance and fell, she could easily take him down with her. MOO

There's been lots of speculation that Abby's jacket can be seen in photo number 2 (I have been one of the loudest proponents of this) and that the very next step is when the attack starts, which of course, we should not see. If Abby is in the next frame is might be difficult to gage a walk. We would only get one step and LE may have decided it's not worth it.
That's a good point. Especially if that is the only footage the girls got of him, right before he attacked. Perhaps they didn't realize they were being pursued and thus Libby didn't intentionally film him. Thus the next step could very well be the actual abduction. (I agree that could be Abby's jacket in the frame as well)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Brought over from the previous thread:

I think someone earlier stated his sister was murdered and had her throat cut and still managed to have a viewing service. Make up etc.
Scarves and other types of disguising clothing help to prepare victims for public viewing as well.

(My brother was a mortician while in Med school-no links to support typical mortuary practice, so MOO)

I just don't have a feeling that a firearm was used. A knife... who knows, but I keep thinking a knife was involved. Maybe that's what the police were looking for in the creek?

I do know during one of the police talks, someone asked if they were wet, and the man refused to answer. I don't know why I felt that was odd. I guess another fact that only the perp would know about

That artist drawing of what he might look like, WOW, great job!

I am stumped why this hasn't been found! The murderer in MS was captured quickly! Maybe the right tip has been called in but ti's so many they haven't gotten to it yet. One can only hope!

I just don't have a feeling that a firearm was used. A knife... who knows, but I keep thinking a knife was involved. Maybe that's what the police were looking for in the creek?

I do know during one of the police talks, someone asked if they were wet, and the man refused to answer. I don't know why I felt that was odd. I guess another fact that only the perp would know about

That artist drawing of what he might look like, WOW, great job!

I am stumped why this hasn't been found! The murderer in MS was captured quickly! Maybe the right tip has been called in but ti's so many they haven't gotten to it yet. One can only hope!

could he use a gun to coerce them but used a knife? moo Im thinking the noise of a gun might draw attention. moo

DELPHI, Ind. -- Former Indianapolis Colts punter Pat McAfee says he and team owner Jim Irsay are nearly doubling the reward for information leading to an arrest in the killing of two northern Indiana girls.

Was this a chance encounter or did the suspect target the girls?

Bursten says all options are being investigated, adding this crime was one of two things.

"That was a chance encounter... or that person knew that they were going to be there," he said.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/reward-increased-to-$200k-in-ind-girls-murders/1780169/

Can someone take the left hand side of the suspect sketch/mirror image and tilt it 20 degrees to the right. Maybe 25 degrees.

could he use a gun to coerce them but used a knife? moo Im thinking the noise of a gun might draw attention. moo

The sound of a gunshot in the woods may not travel too far depending on the density of the woods. And seeing as it is "in the country" it may not raise too many alarms as coyotes are a big problem here in Indiana.

But someone not familiar with shooting a gun may not understand this and the BG may have steered from using one. Only a few know and they aren't speaking...yet.

The sound of a gunshot in the woods may not travel too far depending on the density of the woods. And seeing as it is "in the country" it may not raise too many alarms as coyotes are a big problem here in Indiana.

But someone not familiar with shooting a gun may not understand this and the BG may have steered from using one. Only a few know and they aren't speaking...yet.

Or here in LA. It took me years of living here to not hit the floor when I hear gunshots. Which is several times a week.

This is so true. I am in Indiana also and we hear guns all the time. Never think twice about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies for detracting from the topic. Way back in the last thread...people are referring to a belly band. Is this what they are referring to? If so...my lord...this came well prepared. I noticed a logo on the pouch...it looks like a six point star. TIA

Onward->

BellyBand.jpg

A thought just crossed my mind. What if BG had cams placed in the area, much like deer cams, and was watching at another location until the right target came into sight? Would that be even possible? If so, what would the range be to receive images from a cam and can you receive them in real time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74