Found Safe OH - Katarina Bitterman, 17, Parma, 4 March 2017 *Arrest*

C6QOudgXMAA_fIR.jpg

C6QR_qpWcAAWEJX.jpg:large

Additional photo of missing person Katarina Bitterman

https://twitter.com/ParmaPolice

The girl is about 5-feet 4-inches tall and weighs about 125 pounds. Katarina has long brown hair with red highlights,

http://www.cleveland.com/parma/index.ssf/2017/03/police_search_for_missing_parm.html

There's so little information out there, but she has the appearance of a home school teen to me. I think there's a lot of hope that she left for an adventure and will safely return.

Those do appear to be school year book pictures, but something about her appearance makes her seem to be in a sheltered group.

I agree. I see this as an Internet meet up

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

more info:

Officers were called to her home on Augustine Drive Saturday just before 10 p.m. for a missing person’s report. Police said the parents, who were out of town at the time, could not get in contact with Bitterman, and they asked some friends to go to the house to check on her. When the friends got to the home, the teen was gone.

The last time the parents saw her was Saturday afternoon before they left.

Police later spoke with a witness who saw Bitterman walking alone, heading eastbound from the home around 2:30 p.m. on Saturday.

http://fox8.com/2017/03/06/parma-police-ask-for-help-finding-missing-teen/

Hope she is found soon. I'm not finding much on this case yet

There's so little information out there, but she has the appearance of a home school teen to me. I think there's a lot of hope that she left for an adventure and will safely return.

Those do appear to be school year book pictures, but something about her appearance makes her seem to be in a sheltered group.

??????

"appearance of a home school teen"?

JMO, it is really hard to tell what type of school a teen attends. Appearance means nothing. I recently saw a teen boy with 5 different colors in his hair walk up the steps to a private school.

Having a hard time finding her FB account. She's not friends with her family if she has one...

Her BF's mom posted her missing poster on FB, saying her BF is a wreck.

Hi. I am a lurker and I created an account to just state that I go to the same school as Kat. Just thought I should clarify that she is not homeschooled or especially sheltered.

Hi. I am a lurker and I created an account to just state that I go to the same school as Kat. Just thought I should clarify that she is not homeschooled or especially sheltered.

Thank you for giving us the details. Are you a friend of hers?

She's not a home school teen, and she's definitely not a runaway. Appearance means nothing. She's a very nice person and she has no reason to runaway. Also, the tv was on, the dogs were still outside, she left her phone AND took her house key with her. Those are clear signs she was planning on coming back. The dogs traced her sent down the street, but lost it at an intersection. Either way, she was excited for her cosmetology competition. She wouldn't purposely leave before it. She had a whole career ahead of her, even had little scissor earrings for haircuts lol. I'm telling you, this is no ordinary runaway case.

I'll also be happy to answer any questions you may have as best I can, I am a classmate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am glad that there are some people on this thread that can give some insight into Kat. It helps with knowing if this is a typical runaway kind of situation.

From a quick google map search it looks very residental, not many businesses but there is a school at the end of the street but that appears to be westbound, not eastbound as it stated she was walking.

The fact that her scent just stopped makes me think she got into a car. Maybe her phone that was left behind can give clues as why she left the house in the first place.

Has any of the neighboring houses been looked into having security cameras, maybe it can see her with someone?

Does she have a boyfriend or girlfriend?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I am glad that there are some people on this thread that can give some insight into Kat. It helps with knowing if this is a typical runaway kind of situation.

From a quick google map search it looks very residental, not many businesses but there is a school at the end of the street but that appears to be westbound, not eastbound as it stated she was walking.

The fact that her scent just stopped makes me think she got into a car. Maybe her phone that was left behind can give clues as why she left the house in the first place.

Has any of the neighboring houses been looked into having security cameras, maybe it can see her with someone?

I've heard today they were looking into permits to check any street cameras in the neighborhood, but haven't checked them yet. It's also more convicing that a car was involved if this is an abduction case, because the neighborhood connects right onto the main roads (State Road and Pleasant Valley). If you travel westbound down State, there's a lot of wooded and secluded areas, while if you travel east, you'd eventually wind up downtown, about a 40 minute drive. There's also a highway ramp both east down State and North down Pleasant Valley. South down Pleasant Valley takes you to the city's main outdoor mall/shopping/food area, and ends in the slums all the way to the city's border. She could be anywhere, although there was a recent lead today of someone thinking they saw her at Giant Eagle on Broadview (near our school) but I haven't heard any follow-up information on that.

Leaving her cell behind makes me think that she went walking TO meet someone. I would be shocked if this turned out to be a random abduction case. Maybe there will be chatter in the school where it comes out that she was talking to someone online etc and that is who she was meeting?

Has the wooded area been searched? It looks like a huge are to be searched but definitely seems worth starting.

I've heard today they were looking into permits to check any street cameras in the neighborhood, but haven't checked them yet. It's also more convicing that a car was involved if this is an abduction case, because the neighborhood connects right onto the main roads (State Road and Pleasant Valley). If you travel westbound down State, there's a lot of wooded and secluded areas, while if you travel east, you'd eventually wind up downtown, about a 40 minute drive. There's also a highway ramp both east down State and North down Pleasant Valley. South down Pleasant Valley takes you to the city's main outdoor mall/shopping/food area, and ends in the slums all the way to the city's border. She could be anywhere, although there was a recent lead today of someone thinking they saw her at Giant Eagle on Broadview (near our school) but I haven't heard any follow-up information on that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back