Investigators receive new lead in Haleigh Cummings

I immediately thought of Joe Overstreet. Am I alone in being irritated that LE dismissed this tip so quickly? I would like to know if cadaver dogs would hit in the location. Maybe Haleigh was there at one time.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I immediately thought of Joe Overstreet. Am I alone in being irritated that LE dismissed this tip so quickly? I would like to know if cadaver dogs would hit in the location. Maybe Haleigh was there at one time.

I agree with the thought of Joe Oversteet, especially seeing he lives near Nashville. ALso agree it was dismissed to darn quick and easy.

Hi guys,
During the Haliegh Cummings case I was posting on another forum. When Misty and Ron got married ( puke) I just had to stop reading about them. So since then, I've been completely out of the loop.
I see there is tons of posts-threads here about it but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me a brief summary of the case from the wedding on to save me the hours of searching through posts. Like I said, I tried so hard at that time to ignore it because it was just so heartbreaking. I have caught bits and pieces though. So any information would be appreciated. ( I'm just asking for a few sentences to catch me up, I'm don't aspect someone to type every detail for me)
How could those idiots keep a secret so long? I would've thought by now one of them would've talked? I guess they see it like -doing time for drugs is better then a murder charge? When are they going to be released? Like I said, I stopped following the case but have heard little bits on the news and radio.
I never thought Ron was responsible and always thought that misty knows exactly what happened.

Hi guys,
During the Haliegh Cummings case I was posting on another forum. When Misty and Ron got married ( puke) I just had to stop reading about them. So since then, I've been completely out of the loop.
I see there is tons of posts-threads here about it but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me a brief summary of the case from the wedding on to save me the hours of searching through posts. Like I said, I tried so hard at that time to ignore it because it was just so heartbreaking. I have caught bits and pieces though. So any information would be appreciated. ( I'm just asking for a few sentences to catch me up, I'm don't aspect someone to type every detail for me)
How could those idiots keep a secret so long? I would've thought by now one of them would've talked? I guess they see it like -doing time for drugs is better then a murder charge? When are they going to be released? Like I said, I stopped following the case but have heard little bits on the news and radio.
I never thought Ron was responsible and always thought that misty knows exactly what happened.

Hi Rachel. I am doing a podcast series on the case. I started from the beginning. Here is a link to listen: https://audioboom.com/channel/thehaleighcummingsmystery You can subscribe if you have iTunes @ https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-haleigh-cummings-mystery/id1200565928

Misty and Ron were arrested for dealing drugs in 2010 a year after Haleigh vanished. It was proven Ronald was NOT so innocent. He accepted a plea deal, where he got 15 years in exchange for cooperating and testifying against anyone charged in Haleigh's murder if there is ever future prosecution. He also gave a proffer, proffers are only given to people that have criminal liability. So we know that the SA office was looking at him as someone that knows more and someone that was involved in some level such as accomplice liability, or accessory after the fact.

I was told by the PCSO the tipster is someoneone with a history of mental issues. The tipster is a former resident of Putnam County, but now resides in Nashville. The tipster is not related to Misty or Joe. The tip was investigated.

Remember grandma Flo. She said some interesting things. Could be some truth to it.
1. She said someone told her Misty hit Kaylie in the head and killed her.
2. She said Kaylie ate a pill she found and died.

Why did Ronald back off and act guilty? He was at work.
I think Misty hit her in the head and killed her.
I think Tommy and Joe got rid of her body before Ronald got home.

I think she waited to tell Ronald Kayle ate a pill.
He knows hes in trouble if that comes out.

They tried to pin the whole thing on Joe.
Everybody got pulled into this one way or the other.
Thats why noone is talking. All just my opinion.

Remember grandma Flo. She said some interesting things. Could be some truth to it.
1. She said someone told her Misty hit Haighly in the head and killed her.
2. She said Haieghly ate a pill she found and died.

Why did Ronald back off and act guilty? He was at work.
I think Misty hit her in the head and killed her.
I think Tommy and Joe got rid of her body before Ronald got home.

I think she waited to tell Ronald Haighly ate a pill.
He knows hes in trouble if that comes out.

They tried to pin the whole thing on Joe.
Everybody got pulled into this one way or the other.
Thats why noone is talking. All just my opinion.

I came to check in here because for some reason I was thinking about this case last night. I considered all of the people involved, who could have done something, who could have kept quiet all this time. Why was the back door standing open? I came up again with the cousin who was there that night and left town like a bat out of heck in the next few days. I used to wonder how Misty could've slept through Haleigh being taken from her bed, but after being a mother of teenagers for a few years I see they will sleep through anything. Add a handful of opiates that they loved to take and she could sleep through a tornado. I have switched my former opinion. I think Ron was at work, Misty was with the kids, a person came to molest or take Haleigh and fled through the back door. Misty woke up in a haze with no idea what happened. I wish so much that this case would be solved. I was hoping that Hurricane Irma might stir up the waters enough to find Haleigh and Adji. No such luck.

New leads??? There arent any. Misty and Co screwed up the case with its changing stories.
Thats why shes doing 25 yrs. The others will do 15 yrs.
LE will get them one way or the other.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back