NM NM - Albuquerque, UnkRace/AgeFem, UP11145, bones in field, metal ring w/design, Jan'13

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
NamUs UP 11145

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/11145

Unidentified Body/Remains (Female)

Found January 9, 2013 in Bernalillo County, NM
Body Condition: Not recognizable - partial skeletal parts only

Probable year of death: years

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: Unknown Age

Approximate Height: cannot estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: nothing

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing: nothing
Jewerly: nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories:
possible white metal ring with design

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA: Sample submitted-tests complete

Case History:
A man who recently got a DUI was walking through a field to locate his car at impound and located a bone. He picked it up and continued walking. He saw another bone further in the field and then saw one sticking out of the ground.

Would be nice to at least have a photo of the ring as a starting point.

@MadMcGoo dear... can you see any R/o? I'm thinking that might give us a good idea about the age range LE are thinking about, even though there's no update on age in Namus.

Current list of Missing Person exclusions for UP11145 per NamUs:
MP4286 Alicia Digna 08/27/2008 Wayne MI
MP602 Christine Julian 04/14/2003 Bernalillo NM
MP607 Nina Herron 05/14/2005 Bernalillo NM

Circumstances of Recovery: A man who was walking through a field to locate his car at impound and located a bone. He picked it up and continued walking. He saw another bone further in the field and then saw one sticking out of the ground. Additional remains were found at this location on 03/09/2013 and were confirmed to belong to the same individual.

Jewelry: possible white metal ring with design (On the Body)

Hmm... I was thinking maybe they weren’t sure if the ring belonged to the individual ... but NamUs now says the ring was found ‘on the body’. ‘Head not recovered’ and dental information/charting is available? :confused: Science was never my best subject. I’m guessing jaw bones were found? This sounds a lot like the West Mesa victims. IMO
*ETA: The reason I included the updated circumstances... I wonder if they actually searched the area after the man found the first bones or were the subsequent bones also located in a similar fashion? Not particularly relevant, I was just curious... kind of an odd way to describe the recovery; A man who just received a DUI... lol. Again, JMO.

Okay so the rule outs seem to indicate they are looking to identify a female child?

The sample of rule outs is short but the list to date is
- girls
-born in the 2000’s.
- a rough age range of Under 11yo when deceased (by my estimate - the estimate PMI was years when discovered in 2013)

Would be nice to at least have a photo of the ring as a starting point.
Current list of Missing Person exclusions for UP11145 per NamUs:
MP4286 Alicia Digna 08/27/2008 Wayne MI
MP602 Christine Julian 04/14/2003 Bernalillo NM
MP607 Nina Herron 05/14/2005 Bernalillo NM

RSBM
No new exclusions.

yes i agree upthread how far was this UID found from west mesa?

Hard to tell. I don't see which tow company picked up his car, so we don't know where his vehicle was stored.

Child left in a car that was towed?
Child's body hidden in a car that was towed?
Child climbed over/crawled under fence at the impound lot?

jmho ymmv lrr

Hard to tell. I don't see which tow company picked up his car, so we don't know where his vehicle was stored.

Child left in a car that was towed?
Child's body hidden in a car that was towed?
Child climbed over/crawled under fence at the impound lot?

jmho ymmv lrr

I think it sounds like a field near an impound lot but outside the fence, but agree it's hard to tell. I would guess the victim was buried in the field at night?

I don't think the remains are suspected to be a child. I think the person commenting above made an error. Those are the dates they went missing, not their dates of birth.
Rule-outs: AD was 26 when she went missing.
CJ was 30-years-old.
NH was 21-years-old.

I think it sounds like a field near an impound lot but outside the fence, but agree it's hard to tell. I would guess the victim was buried in the field at night?

I don't think the remains are suspected to be a child. I think the person commenting above made an error. Those are the dates they went missing, not their dates of birth.
Rule-outs: AD was 26 when she went missing.
CJ was 30-years-old.
NH was 21-years-old.

If we knew which company, we could Google-fly over the lot....

Bumping up. Looking at missing women from NM, there are 20+ women still missing from the decade prior to 2013. I hope they have checked into all of these women as possibilities.

Also I think there will be others missing who didn't make it onto NamUs. Of course she could also be from another state.

Her NamUs page has been removed.

The resolved cases for Missing Persons from New Mexico went up by one case, but no visible profile was removed. This is not unusual for New Mexico though, it happens about once a month or every couple of months.

Her NamUs page has been removed.

The resolved cases for Missing Persons from New Mexico went up by one case, but no visible profile was removed. This is not unusual for New Mexico though, it happens about once a month or every couple of months.

What do you think it means? That the person was identified but was unfortunately yet another victim, and was not yet listed on a database like NamUs?

What do you think it means? That the person was identified but was unfortunately yet another victim, and was not yet listed on a database like NamUs?
I think there is a possibility that the unidentified lady was identified as a missing person that didn’t have their NamUs profile viewable by the public.
I was looking at the statistics of Missing Persons on NamUs and up 40% of cases created per month are Unpublished.
Of course, it could just be a coincidence that a hidden MP case from NM was resolved in the same time frame this Jane Doe was marked as resolved.

Last edited:
I think there is a possibility that the unidentified lady was identified as a missing person that didn’t have their NamUs profile viewable by the public.

Oh, I understand now. I didn't realize there were that many hidden profiles. I thought the vast majority were viewable to the public.

Oh, I understand now. I didn't realize there were that many hidden profiles. I thought the vast majority were viewable to the public.
I was quite surprised when I saw how many of them are hidden. Granted, not every month is the same, most months only 10-30% are unpublished.

This is JMO, but perhaps a good part of them are cases that are not created by LE, and it takes a little while for them to be made publicly viewable. Also, I think many of them are Florida cases, I’ve seen days when hundreds of hidden FL MPs were marked as resolved. And there are also the juvenile cases which are numerous and I think many states don’t publish those immediately, as often times they are recovered in a few days.

Here’s the NamUs page with the monthly statistics, if you are interested: Reports & Statistics

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back