Identified! WA - Dalkena, UnkAge Fem, UP16379, Opera Glasses, file, pill box "UEX", crochet hooks, Jan'84 - Mildred Allison Hubertz

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
NamUs UP 16379

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16379

Unidentified Body/Remains (White Female)

Found January 1, 1984 in Pend Oreille County, WA
Body Condition: Not recognizable-partial skeletal parts only

Probable year of death: to

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: Unknown Age

Approximate Height: cannot estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: nothing

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing:
nothing
Jewerly: nothing
Footwear:
nothing
Accessories:
Pair of glasses and pair of opera glasses; File inscribed with "compliments of Heller Brothers Co Newark, N.J. USA", silver colored pill box with "UEX" inscribed on it, several croschet hooks, a flashlight, and a watch

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA: Sample available-not yet submitted

Case History:
Partial cranium found southwest of Dalkena, WA

When I click on the NamUs link, it reads female.
But, if it is male, finding crochet hooks with him is very intriguing.

Interesting that Pend Oreille County is getting acquainted with NamUs. They recently entered another case of a man found in a tent, and asked me to do a recon of the skull. I have it pretty much complete, but am waiting on a few details before putting it out.

Whoa, I checked out that case you're working on. Based on the clothes found with him, if they're true to size, he was a rather short, stout guy.

Interesting that Pend Oreille County is getting acquainted with NamUs. They recently entered another case of a man found in a tent, and asked me to do a recon of the skull. I have it pretty much complete, but am waiting on a few details before putting it out.

Will you be starting a thread for this John Doe, by chance?

Remains were located SW of Delkena - noting the river, as well as the Idaho border within 12 miles.

upload_2022-2-21_20-1-36.png

It would be really interesting to know the origin of this case. Looking on Namus, the majority of King County cases have an ME case with the first 2 digits corresponding to the year the remains were located. In her case, remains were located January 1, 1984 with an ME case starting with "17-". I wonder if this is one of those cases that was kind of "found" at a much later time, perhaps "2017" with not a lot of additional info provided.

By CAROLINE LOBSINGER
Staff Writer | April 1, 2023 1:00 AM
Mildred Hubertz was 59 when she went missing from St. Ignatius, Mont., in 1968.
1680354453809.png
''A search of Ancestry.com uncovered a photo matching that shared by the Pend Oreille County Sheriff's Office. A young Mildred was pictured as a senior at Wichita High School in Kansas. She was skilled in typewriting and enjoyed sports. A studious girl, she enjoyed physics, the gym and shows.

While they know where Mildred was found, Pend Oreille County officials said they don't know why she disappeared or how she ended up in a remote part of their county.''

"Anyone with information about Mildred Hubertz's disappearance should contact Sgt. Mitch Parnell at the Pend Oreille County Sheriff's Office, 509-447-1911.''

In October 2022, a section of the skull was sent to Othram Labs — a lab that dubs themselves as “a revolution in cold case solution.”

Othram lab technicians were able to develop a DNA profile and uploaded it to GEDMatch and FamilyTreeDNA. Forty years after the skull was found, they got a match of the DNA profile to the woman’s great granddaughter.

Those two photographs do not look like the same person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back